1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Away from football....

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, Aug 28, 2022.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I hate combis.<grr>

Barry Tiger likes this.
  2. william5551

william5551 Well-Known Member

What ever happened to oxo crisps the ones in the bottom of the bag were the best.

clingo likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Strange fact. I have never eaten any crisps. Ever. Never attracted to fried fresh air.

I will eat Doritos preferably covered in melted cheese plus jalapeño peppers. Otherwise known as Nachos. Lovely jubbly.

Makemstine Roger and clingo like this.
  4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Blimey, that is a strange one.
    But well done you. I wish I could resist them.

5. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

Dear lord.... talk about deprivation....

I'm not sure I could live with the idea of not having eaten a Frazzle or either of Roast beef or Pickled Onion flavoured Monster Munch!!

In saying that, you can't beat really good Nachos.... had some in New York ... pulled spicy beef and fried egg on it too... bloody gorgeous.

6. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Best Nachos I had were on a Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow to LA.
    2nd best Nachos I had were in a Mexican eatery in Tucson. Might have been the same trip.

As for crisps, Tesco's Beef and Horseradish are my favourite, though one or two can catch you out and give you a blast down the nostrils. Mrs Remote isn't so keen but eats them in moderation.

7. BluefromBridgend

Jazz's Cafe Bar on Sandbanks, Poole does brilliant nachos but a plate to share plus a bottle of pinot griggio or sauvingnon blanc sets you back nearly £50, FFS!!!

Rarely do that now.

Closer to home, The Oystercatcher, a Hungry Horse pub at Penarth Marina can do a good nacho starter to share then sirloin steaks to follow. It is very hit and miss though. BT and I had superb steaks there before one home game. Three weeks later we would have had more tender steaks by taking the soles off our shoes and frying them. Price there is very good so you get what you pay for.

8. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Friend of mine, no longer with us sadly, enjoyed nachos on a KLM flight from Jo'burg to Heathrow, tucking the unopened wipe in his top pocket. When he arrived home his wife began sorting out his washing etc. Next thing he knew, she stormed into the room, holding the small packet in the air and saying sternly, 'And what do you call this!' thinking it was a condom and he'd been playing away, to which he replied 'err, its KLM wet wipe'. Apparently her face was a picture <doh>

clingo and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  9. BluefromBridgend

Was that Geoff/Jeff?

Makemstine Roger and Barry Tiger like this.
  10. BrizzleBluebird

BrizzleBluebird Well-Known Member

That would have been very saucy nachos!!

Makemstine Roger and Barry Tiger like this.

11. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Yes, how did you guess? I must have told you before

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  12. BluefromBridgend

On the train into Cardiff for beers, steak and wine with ex Barclays colleagues - the Barclays Old Crocks Golfing Society. Could get messy but not too bad with an average age of about 68.

Had 2 cancellations, both City fans. Will have to suffer a couple of cocky JB's and be expected to thank them for their fortuitous victory over the Donkey Lashers last night.

I'm also expecting stick from a Wendies fan for us taking McGuinness back. We'll we sort of gave them Flint and Vaulks, didn't we?

Hope I'm sober enough to drive into Cardiff for tomorrow's game. It took me a full 24 hours to recover last year.

I walked back to Cardiff General with the Wendies fan. He went up the stairs to the Newport train and I went up the next stairs for the Bridgend one. On the Sunday I got a text from him, thanking me for helping him up when he fell and getting him on the train.

Funny thing is, it wasn't me. He was clearly very, very drunk.

13. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Bit damp on the golf course this afternoon but very enjoyable as were the San Miguel’s at the 19th<cheers>

14. ccfcremotesupport

While being a pretend farmer and sharing the fun and happy side of the game on here, the bleak side of the game showed its face this week.
    A bit of a stressful couple days with today being particularly traumatic.
    After two ewes lambing yesterday, one abandoned her lamb and another had no milk, so we now have two lambs in the utility room. The dog is obsessed with them. Meals at 6, 10, 2, 6 and 10. By 6.15 this morning I was covered in p!ss, $h!t and formula milk.

Today, Daughter checked on last year's ewe lambs to find one dead. No obvious reason, just dead.
    Worse was to come. I get a call from daughter to ask me to go to the field the expectant ewes were in as one was prolapsing. Ended up that a friend who was on hand helped her so I wasn't needed. Turned out there were complications and despite a vet being in attendance she died because of blood loss. The vet was at a loss as to why it had occurred. She was carrying twins and due to lamb in about 3 weeks.
    After shedding quite a few tears and hosing all the blood out of the back of her truck daughter went off to her next client.
    Always upsetting to lose an animal. The ewe lamb was one thing. Just dead in a field with no apparent suffering. The ewe was something else. The emotional cost of the game.

Animal welfare is always paramount to us, but after the event you start tallying the £s.
    When you add up the price of the ewe lamb, the ewe, the two lambs she was carrying, the cost of the vet and the bill that will come from the knackerman for taking them away, there'll be a £500 hole in our daughter's pocket today on top of the emotional debt incurred.

Oops, already 5 minutes late for their supper time.

clingo and irishbluebird like this.
  15. BluefromBridgend

The course of nature can be so sad.

And expensive.

An emotional time.

Despite looking, not seen any lambs in the fields around Bridged and the Vale yet. Quite unusual.

I can only assume the farmers have rounded up the ewes for barn lambing.

I always enjoy seeing new lambs. A sign of nature having its way, new life and winter giving way to spring.

I'm sure we will see them soon. There is a field on the road to Porthcawl (with a large, very old oak in the middle) where they normally make a first appearance. Hope to see them shortly.

Good night in Cardiff. Returned relatively sober with a mile walk in the rain from the station to home. Excellent steak in M & C..

First golf of the year planned for Southerndown on 30th March. My birthday.

16. ccfcremotesupport

Our current house guests.

Been with us 4 days. hopefully a few more and the number of feeds will drop and they can go back to the shed and be with their own.

Not sure what the neighbours think as they're a bit noisy when they're in the garden.

20230215_200456_2.jpg

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Looks like those slippers need to go out there with them.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  18. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Bah lambs do the ayatollah!

19. ccfcremotesupport

Mrs Remote won't be happy you don't like her slippers.

Makemstine Roger and clingo like this.
  20. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Didn't say I didn't like them, just that the other two furry things seemed to.