1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ayala

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CaseyFM, Feb 3, 2011.

1. CaseyFM

CaseyFM Member

With Derby in freefall is Nigel Cloughs position under threat and will Ayala still want to go there on loan? Any thoughts?

2. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

It doesn't sound like he wants to go there with Clough saying he has to persuade him to go and the 'I'd rather play in Liverpool's reserves comment' he supposedly made. Just depends whether we can build our relationship back up with Liverpool before he gets back to fitness as it looks like he will go somewhere when the loan window re-opens

3. Lukas

Lukas Member

Didn't see that, source?

4. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

5. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It was the HDM that said Ayala didn't want to go to Derby and had stated he'd rather play is the Liverpool ressies.

Apparently, he wants to come back to us, but Liverpool won't let him, due to the Hodgson rant.

6. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

What's going on with CI? Is the Football server permanently knackered now?

7. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Why ? is this in some way connected to Ayala Derby or Clough ?

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Nash is still trying to get it sorted, but we have the football and football plus sites merged into one now, so we can all talk to candy all day.

9. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Liverpool must think we're idiots when it comes to injury's.We wanted the best for Ayala and they don't like any one else treating their players.So what else had gone on with WoyWoy?

10. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

Is it just me or does no one else see the obvious problem with bringing Ayala back? Where are gonna play him? And who for? Drop gerrard or Chester? I can't see that happening. Dawson isn't gonna get dropped now he is captain allowing Chester to left back to make room for Ayala. Really don't see him coming back to sit on the bench simply because he's to good to be sat with the likes of macshane.

11. electronicsforcats

I suspect Roy was a bit stressed at the time he said what he did. I'm very surprised they are still taking this view though, it seems like cutting off their nose to spite their face. If Ayala wants to come to Hull, why not let him? He will get game time and build confidence in a positive environment. Our medical staff are not idiots. Liverpool can always set some special conditions if they really want. It's a bit baffling really.

12. electronicsforcats

That's a good point - but I think Ayala would slot in beside Gerrard. Chester would be dropped initially, but it may not take long for him to displace Dawson or come in due to an injury. I think NP has to go for the best players he can and then worry about how to organise things afterwards. Chester is only young after all.

13. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Ayala wouldn't get in our team anymore he'd have to wait for an injury or loss of form from Gerrard or Chester..

14. StrovolosTiger

Still making stupid posts I see!

:emoticon-0172-mooni

15. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

He is young but so is ayala, granted ayala's distribution is better but really Chester hasnt put a foot wrong. It would be a very hard call to drop him for Ayala. Obviously we want the best players and we want them in depth but with the squad in what appears to be quite harmonic state and relations with Liverpool delicate is it wise to risk disturbing either further? Perhaps cover of a different name will be looked at. Don't get me wrong by the way, I think Ayala is class and would love to see him at the Kc and even more as a permanent unlikely as it may be.

16. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I'd stick Ayala straight back in and move Chester to left back, I'd think we'd probably have the strongest back four in the league.

17. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

But why? Dawson has just had his best two games of the season against two of the best wingers in the div in routledge and snodgrass, and although he's not had the best of seasons against qpr and Leeds I thought he was brilliant

18. electronicsforcats

It looks like we won't get him anyway, but if he does come then NP will have a delicate decision to make. I like OLMs suggestion longer term, but the captaincy debate will obviously need settling too.

19. StrovolosTiger

Totally agree with that.

Chester is OUR player now. Ayala is a loan player. Why would we drop a new signing in preference for a loan, especially when Chester is playing so well.

Gerrard will be bought at the end of the season and will be made Team Captain with NickyB Club Captain so I cannot see him being dropped for Ayala, again he is playing very well anyway.

Ayala's injury was unfortunate and Liverpool are just pissed about him being injured while with us. McShane is ideal AS COVER even though his wages point to him not being with us beyond the Summer. Regarding Ayala, time to move on.

Now Mannone is a different matter, I reckon we will make a concerted effort to sign him full-time. If that were not the case why would we get him back on loan whilst injured? Doesn't make sense, especially when Guzan is doing a fair job anyway.

20. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Put Mannone in and would say strongest back 5!