1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ayala

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CaseyFM, Feb 3, 2011.

1. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

If we had treated Ayala badly the why would he want to come back to us? It doen't make sense. His contract is up at the end of the season I think so get him in on loan and try to get pre-contract agreement if we are allowed to

2. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

Best two games of the season?! Im not sure what game you were watching on tuesday but dawson was atrocious! Constantly out of position, getting outpaced everytime and hardly delivered a decent ball. The game against qpr he left the man at the back post at least twice and if it wasnt their full back on the end of both it could have been two goals!

3. StrovolosTiger

StrovolosTiger Well-Known Member

I don't agree.

Dawson has been caught out for pace a lot this season, hence his number of bookings. But I thought DQPR and TWS games were his best this season.

4. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

There's no chance I would drop Chester or Gerrard for Ayala now. There's no chance Dawson gets dropped as he's just had his blessing from NP to be our new captain. I don't see much point in bringing Ayala back in that case. I think Macca does as cover for the rest of the season then we look to bring in an experienced centre half as cover. Don't forget we've got Liam Cooper to come back aswell!

Ayala was good while it lasted but I think its time to move on. Like its been said why would you drop Chester when he's playing so well for a loan player?

5. Dean24

Dean24 Member

Ayala next to Gerrard ( with a view of both of them being made permanent ) Chester in at LB, Just because Dawson is the current captain doesn't mean he is irreplaceable, He's past his sell by date, I'm sick of seeing him getting skinned.

6. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

He signed an extension to the end of next season

7. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

Atroucious is a strong word.... Are you definatley sure he was atrocious? Im not saying dawsons the best Lb in the world or anything I just think he's looked a lot better and in difficult games. Personally don't think he's been fit and now were seeing him play fully fit! Big nige is no idiot and he's not going to give him the captaincy then drop him two games later. I know that there are a lot of Dawson haters out there at the moment and maybe sometimes they have a point as he has been very poor until recently but for me he's still out best option at LB Chester and gerrard at CB Rosenior at RB and that's a very good back 4. For me Ayala would have to sit on the bench

8. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

Maybe atrocious was a bit too strong but i just dont think he is good enough anymore

9. electronicsforcats

Has NP officially said that Dawson is the new long-term captain? I assumed it was just a default, possibly temporary, position because he had deputised for Ash in the past.

10. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

11. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

One of the key things with loans for City is the view that young players will come on loan with a 'chance' of signing on a permanent in the future. I think that was the point of bringing in Ayala in before, and he did more than enough during his spell here to get Pearson wanting to sign him.

I think he would be 1st choice centre half.

So I believe he will be a key target to buy ASAP.... Ayala will know this as well and if Liverpool are not keeping him happy I'd hope to see him here next year. If only we could get him on loan rest of this year.

12. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

yeah thanx Woy for whinging.. he's more likely to get injured at Derby trying to keep the floodgates shut.. ;)

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Dawson hasn't been bad in the last couple of games, but he's going to continue to give away daft free kicks(possibly penalties) for holding, as he can't keep up.

He's not a disaster, but the way the team is now shaping up, he is a weak link.

14. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

Agree OLM and I was sure NP would look to bring in a left back but judging by his comments in the Daily Fail it looks like he is happy to have Dawson as our ONLY left back!

I would love to see Ayala back for obvious reasons, I would rather have him here than not, even if it is to sit on the bench. I'm sure we will not go the rest of the season with no injuries or suspensions so it would be daft to think we only need four defenders.

Any news on Rosenior by the way?

15. Tigerwill85

Tigerwill85 Member

We don't have only 4 defenders tho, macshane is still with us, solano, cooper still hasn't extend his loan at carlisle and Evans spent most of his time in man u's reserves I believe. I'm not saying I wouldn't welcome cover just pointing out were not running with 4 defenders :)

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Cooper will extend his loan at Carlisle(but with a 24 hour recall option) and at this moment in time Evans is out the running, as he's going to be the first on the team sheet in central midfield. As things currently stand, even with everyone fit, we only have Macca and Solano as cover for the back four and that's not enough.

17. mauled1904

mauled1904 Well-Known Member

Chester is going to be a star, but I think we still need Ayala back. Koren would be a good captain, not only has he done this in England before but he is the national captain as well. It will also improve his commitment and performances as well