1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ayoze Perez

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by FosseFilberto, Jul 18, 2019.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Alright lads? ... Leicester fan here and would like to make clear that I'm not on the wum (makes a change) from the outset.

You might, or might not, have noticed that Perez scored on his debut for us in a 1-0 win at Scunthorpe this week. Took his goal well but also fluffed several good chances.

Would be interested on your thoughts on him generally and also how you think he will do playing with Jamie Vardy? ..they seemed to work quite well together the other night.

Finally, before I go, would just like to offer my sympathy and indeed, express my disgust at how your club is being treated by your owner.

We have been incredibly lucky with ours and his tragic death last year generated immense grief and sadness amongst LCFC supporters and the people of Leicester itself. Guy's legacy will live on and he will always be remembered with great fondness and respect and for putting far more into the football club and the community than he has taken out.. . bit of a contrast with your situation ... I wish you all the best with it and for the coming season.<cheers>

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    haslam, Flash, RobEllious and 2 others like this.
  2. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Perez is generally speaking a good player with promise to improve. His main problem is that a gust of wind can cause him to fall over. If he stops "falling" over and concentrates on his football he will be a good buy for you. Not sure if he's worth £30M but as a LCFC fan I don't suppose you care so long as he performs.

As far as playing with Vardy is concerned I think they'll blend but he would be better with a more physical centre forward a la Rondon.

Good luck next year. Just wish our owner would look at what your lot achieved and give it a go with us but he never will. :emoticon-0159-musicIt's just about the money, money, money:emoticon-0159-music for him.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  3. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Welcome mate, cheers for popping onto our board. Your second paragraph above sums Perez up, or at least his time with us. He tends to fluff a lot of chances but when he scores he does tend to take his goals well, he was quite frustrating for us in that he should have scored a lot more for us than he did given the chances he's had. He had a good finish to the season which has basically resulted in you probably paying twice as much for him now than you would have this time last year. It's no coincidence that he seemed to pick his game up when we started looking more like an attacking team after Almiron arrived which seems to be his strength. I think he'll do a cracking job for your lot, he's technically a really good footballer. He seems to come out of situations with the ball where you wouldn't expect him to, a lot of times through sheer luck, but you can't knock his work rate and his professionalism for me.

You've summed up all that is wrong with our club in your points about how your club is ran. We're a ****ing shambles at the moment, even with our new manager. a £36m striker signing for us (if that ever happens) will only paper over the cracks as far as I'm concerned. It's not Bruce's fault he's in charge, he'd be daft not to turn it down so as long as he's in charge we have to support him and the team and not let the fat cockney bastard drive us away from our club. The club will be there long after he has left, I just hope we're still recognisable as a football club at that point.

Best of luck for the season, I'd be looking for a top 6 finish for your lot if I were in your shoes, certainly top 8. You've made some good signings to add to your fairly decent squad that you already had so you'll be fine.

4. Santaseyebrow

Santaseyebrow Well-Known Member

You can ignore 90% of newcastle fans when it comes to identifying good all around players.

Perez will score 15 plus at leicester maybe 20 as they create chances

Remember i said that

Btw i called bruce in april ...

Youre welcome

5. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

A bit lightweight to be fair but does find himself in some good positions to score.

6. Santaseyebrow

Too good for us

7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Welcome mate.
    I liked Perez. Got a lot of crap of our fans for inconsistency but worked hard defensively.
    You have a gem of a player who can win games on his own and score goals which will leave you scratching your head thinking ‘how the ****?’.
    Hope you guys have a canny season. If you get up to SJP pm me mate so we can grab a beer. I’ll break the boycott for you :smiley-finger007:

FosseFilberto and cronemeister like this.
  8. Santaseyebrow

Dont break the botcott though

9. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Scab

<doh>

<whistle>

10. Dorty Dogbreath

You won't see Perez score many 25 yard rockets, he doesn't have the strength.

11. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

You'll get a couple of good months out of him each season

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  12. Santaseyebrow

Top scorer 15 to 20 at leicester

Flash likes this.
  13. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

This is true and usually April and May.

14. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

No chance

Santaseyebrow likes this.
  15. Dorty Dogbreath

I've just been watching Les Ferdinand's 100 Prem goals. He could head a ball more powerfully than Perez can kick it.

16. YAJERK

YAJERK Active Member

I feel Perez is a few physical attributes away from being worth the £30 mil.

He has decent ball control and due to his stature he has good change of direction speed, but his main abilities are in finding space, dribbling and 6 yard finishing.

He is not blessed with a supreme technical ability (in terms of passing, picking out the top corner from 20 yards, won't ever touch a set-piece), pace, vision or strength.

He is naturally a goal-poacher who has been crammed into an attacking midfield position. He might cover ground, but his tackling is pretty pathetic and you will only see value from the goals he scores, which will not be enough. If he is your top scorer in the coming season, Leicester have had a horrible season because you won't have finished top 8.

Having said all that, he is a useful back-up option and should be a good squad player. I'm disappointed we have lost him to be fair.

17. Santaseyebrow

Screet shotted

18. Dorty Dogbreath

Pished?

19. Fork Handles

Fork Handles Well-Known Member

He will be a great signing for you. The step down will suit him as will playing on a smaller stage.

Seriously I think he will be a value for money signing but not a key part of your season.

20. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Not on any way shape or form worth 30m but that should never matter to fans. I think he still has untapped potential but I don’t think a boss can extract it. Only he can. He is a fair weather player. He also chucks himself on the floor in an embarrassing fashion, loves complaining to refs instead of getting up and chasing back the possession he just lost. He fannies around on the ball and gets caught in possession far too often as a result.

However the lad has ability. He has a clever footballing brain and the issues he has are definitely able to be solved. He is sharp in the box, and has something different to offer to most forwards. I don’t think he has really matured while here and maybe a big move can force him to do that. If he does he could be very good. I’d also say he has only known negative football here under Rafa, it’s not what he needs. Perhaps Rodgers more modern style will extract more out of him.

I can imagine Vardy will like him in some ways, but won’t be amused by his behaviour at times. I think they can dovetail well with a bit of work, but he prefers a big lad taking his hits. Vardy isn’t short on aggression so maybe there will be a nice balance.

Take the fee out of it and I think he’s a good signing. I’m sure Rodgers will think he can be the man to help him finally realise his full potential. I know it sounds strange for a lad of his age, but I honestly think there is more to come.