1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

B J GOES BACK

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by leeds60, Jan 17, 2018.

1. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

BJ goes back to MU and I for one wish him well because if he doesn't get to where he was 3 years ago like Mowatt he will soon decend the slippery slope of failure
    I believe he thought he was too good for the team and appeared not to be trying well its caught him out like it did at Wolves last season surely we should have been alerted to this and not taken him in the first place.
    Klitch is leaving before the end of the month and we will take a big hit on him to get him off the booksso that leaves Sacko and Grot both need loaning out to see what they are really made of
    Mooted in the press that Dwight Gayle is wanted by Fulham and I think he will be swapped with Tom CearneyI would have liked both of them but our wage system would not allow us to compete.The thing is do we want to go down the Carillion route or do we want to be sound financially .Football is such a crazy business that whats normal in business is not normal in football
    We have been linked with Martin at Derby but we can for get that apparently he's on 50k a week and Ulloa is another on mega bucks so we are back to Hughill and Marriot that is the position we are in

2. Brendan Sheerin

Brendan Sheerin Well-Known Member

He'll be at the job centre before long.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think I read somewhere that Leeds are the 2nd or 3rd lowest wage bill in the league? if thats the case there comes a time when better, experienced UK players should be sought and the wallet opened a bit. Nobody wants to see financial problems but when we tell the world we are now a lot better off, sustainable, have a great business plan, generate more profit from catering, store etc. Busing in a load of overseas players and hoping a few make the grade isnt a plan, its a gamble. Yes it keeps wages low but makes management look silly when it fails.

4. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Reading ?

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

In regards to wages and using a not great example, but nearest to reality... First I don’t condone for one minute that we go after Rodwell but let’s say we signed him for free on £50k a week on a 3 year contract, remembering he was a £15m man not so long ago.

Our normal wage would be around £15k so we would be paying him £35k over the top. Over 2 years we would have paid £3.64m extra in wages, no more than a decent transfer fee.

If we failed to get promotion in those 2 years I dare say we’d have a player worth more than those wages cost should we decide to sell.

In regards to linked players/Strikers Ulloa is the one I want to see join.

FORZA LEEDS, wakeybreakyheart and Doc like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Makes some sort of business sense and deals like this dont really mean that other players on half the money should get upset because its like all football deals these days. Roony gets a free transfer so he can still have a huge wage as Everton saved millions in a fee. Chelsea pick up a bargain from Everton because he only has 6 months left on his contract (Engineered a move) so he goes cheap and given a pay rise from the savings on a fee. Arsenal are seeing Sanchez engineer a move away on a cheap fee but will get a huge pay rise. If we get players on a free we should expect to pay a higher wage. The gamble is making sure the freebie will benefit the team, earn his wages and get his career back on track therefore increasing his value. Our club should be all about adding value, which they have done in a couple of cases, but have lost value on more so far

ristac likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

wrong. It is a plan. It is a plan for the owner to milk the proceeds and rape the club whilst not actually improving our overall first team.
    One sale a year being sold will keep Rad in tea and biscuits.... if that’s what you want for our club you will be satisfied with the business model.
    If Bates had done it there would be mayhem among the fan base.
    The pr department is the only part of the club that is doing a decent job.