1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Back From The Game...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Geordie Gashead, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheik out that Tiote lad

Yea if i could change one thing about football it would be so dives can get punished after review.

Also about Jonas.. he doesn't just fall over nothing like pedersen or hoillet, he makes a meal out of actual contact to draw the free kick.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Can't agree with two guys here completely. Yes Jonas does draw fouls very well and I have no really big gripe with him there. But he also goes down very easily under no contact at times. And sometimes he is Beckham esque theatrical about it! Don't get me wrong I accept it, and I accept that it is just something south americans (and others) do. I'd also say he does get fouled a lot anyway and diving is one of the ways in his culture of dealing with this. i.e. "if you're gonna kick me all game, I'm gonna cheat too"

3. Nick

Nick Member

You can't really compare Jonas going down after contact to the way Hoilett jumped to the floor under zero contact though can you?

Modeste's little spin while Santon was a metre away from him was hilarious too

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

No but you can compare it when Jonas goes down under no contact which also happens. Jonas is a diver, there is no getting away from it. The little spin you speak of (which Beckham coined all that time ago) is something he is not adverse to either. As I say all teams have divers unfortunately and we're no exception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.