1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bad Luck

Discussion in 'England' started by Goldeneye175, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Goldeneye175

Goldeneye175 Active Member

Foster/Ruddy

Richards Cahill Ferdinand Smalling

Lampard Barry Wilshere Carrick

Bent Crouch

---

You can almost make a 2nd XI with the injuries/decent left out players...unbelievable bad luck!

2. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Carrick, Barry, Ferdinand and Lampard = Past it.

You don't know what you're talking about. Bent is ****e at international level and Crouch is just a back up player. Smalling again is a back up and one for the future.

Richards and Wilshere are the only 2 I agree with. Now stop moping.

I think including someone players like Lennon and Rodwell would get me agreeing with you.

3. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

Carrick, Barry and Lampard have all been exceptional this season, and I rate all three as better players than the ridiculously overrated Steven Gerrard. As for saying Bent is **** at international level, fair enough - but then you have to justify Crouch's inclusion, as he's got a stunning international return and has enjoyed a decent season.

I agree with you re Rodwell, class player, but Lennon is awful. He makes Walcott look consistent and technically good.

IMO, Leon Osman should have been included. A real technical player who is much better than Downing or Henderson.

4. SaintsForTheWin

Spurs are half the team when they haven't got lennon in and I rate him a lot more highly than Walcott. Walcott has an attitude problem in my opinion and thinks he is a lot better then he is.

Carrick has "retired" supposedly but there's no place in the team for him. Barry is ****e and plays a role which England do need but he gets caught out in position and isn't quick enough to recover. Lampard has had an average season in the worst Chelsea team there has been in a decade. Absolutely mind blowing that they actually won something this year with hugely negative football.

Leon Osman is a great player, one of the most under rated players to set foot in the PL. I would have him in over Downing or Henderson anyday.

5. Lenny

Lenny Well-Known Member

The trouble with Walcott is that he is so much better for Arsenal than England. I don't think he works at all in a 4-4-2, which Lennon does to be fair. As Roy appears to be sticking with a 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, I do think that Lennon is probably the best option on the right in that formation, although his defensive side to the game isn't the greatest (much like Walcott) and so helping out Glen Johnson when the need inevitably arises would maybe cause issues - possibly why Milner's been starting.

6. SaintsForTheWin

Glenn Johnson needs about 5 players to help him defend. Useless player.