1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bad performance, worse referee

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Dangerous Marsupial, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

No it isn't, it's down to the "I want the moon on a stick" mentality that is rife amongst so many of our fans.

And anyway, why do you claim that negativity has seeped into everything? Has it? Or is that just more negative spin? I wouldn't say the dressing room is a negative place at all at the moment, much as some would love us to think it is. The team sprit looks as good as ever to me, the lads certainly enjoyed celebrating the goal anyway - that definitely didn't look a negative bunch of players from where I was sitting.

Good, hard earned away point today in atrocious conditions at a ground where we never get anything. I'm happy enough with that for sure <ok>

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

People see what they want to see. Nothing changes. I've had enough of this.

EDIT: Sorry Munky, you and I were posting at the same time. Didn't mean you!

3. Mexican Canary

Precisely

4. tipsycanary

tipsycanary Well-Known Member

Or maybe just some of it is down to the fans who, instead of supporting the team are happier complaining

5. carrabuh

carrabuh Well-Known Member

Or the positivity coming from fans who are happy with anything put in front of them.

6. Fenland Canary

Fenland Canary Active Member

What about injuries, surely they are to blame. <laugh> worse than the Fulham performance imo, other teams in the PL still play well with injured players. We have absolutely no decent back up when our best players are injured!

7. tipsycanary

That doesn't even make sense.

8. Fenland Canary

I think he's referring to the happy clappers, people who consider that anything other than supporting the manager to be treason!

9. tipsycanary

And that increases negativity? Tbh putting everyone on two groups "Outers" and "happy clappers" is ridiculous. Is there no middle ground? I'm not calling for CH to be sacked but neither am I delighted with the way we are playing. I do however feel we need to look to long term stability at the club, and without knowing the ins and outs at the club I would say giving CH until the end of the season, then considering a change is the most sensible option.

10. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

I'm in the middle.

Not sure we are seeing any improvement though and not sure if trust CH.

11. Fenland Canary

Totally agree with you there mate, I think changing managers now would be suicide, wait until the end of the season now. Besides atm there are no decent managers available what with all the recent sackings.

12. tipsycanary

Agreed! No point in change for the sake of change. If they really feel that a change in the summer would benefit the club they can give themselves a good 5/6 months to find the perfect replacement.

13. gruffnuts

gruffnuts Active Member

It really isn't down to anything like that. By that train of thought, every single club, which you'd imagine have such fans, would be a hub of negativity. Or is it just us?

I thought the celebration more conveyed relief. That maybe they can keep the guy in a job. I don't for a second doubt they like him and will try and play his game. I also thought it had something to do with the scorer, and the fact that he doesn't get too many, and he tries enough...

But if that's your example of negativity not having seeped into every pore of our club? How many players look like they're enjoying their football at the moment? I can count one, Redmond, and bless him, he'd probably be just as happy chasing cars down the road...

Quite why I would want to spin anything, I'm not sure. Hughton has absolutely answered his critics in recent weeks, so I can't see what more there is to really add. At no point have I screamed for his head, so I don't feel a need to be proved right in the great Hughton argument. I just want what is best for my club. I don't want or expect to break into the top four or Europe...I couldn't give a **** about cup runs in all honesty...I'd be happy with lower mid table, with a spot of decent football every 2 or 3 weeks...god forbid, maybe even the odd match (against a Hull, Swansea or West Ham - nothing too heady like a Palace or Sunderland of course) where you left feeling like the better team.

He's an Alex McLeish. No better, no worse.

Find it sad that fans now think our team aren't up to it and picking them apart. Anyway, what negativity?

14. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Like the range of opinions expressed, nothing is all bad or all good. City scored an excellent goal after good work by Wes and Hooper, who made an excellent cut back to Johnson who placed it perfectly. What's negative about that? Yes Fer had an awful day, but that is a rarity. Considering the conditions, I thought it was a reasonable away performance.

15. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

I think we can all agree that Fer really doesn't like playing in the rain.

16. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

I sit in the "needs must" camp - halfway between the "Happy Clappers" and the "Hughton Outers". By that I mean as much as I don't like our style of play it is a needs to an end. The club has a need to stay in the PL and thus the style of play has to be moulded to get the required number of points to be safe - it may be unattractive (certainly compared to the flowing stuff of old from the Brown, Bond and Walker eras) but if it gets us to the "safety zone" then I won't condemn it.

It's interesting to note the comments that some people see a point gained at Sunderland and Palace as four points lost. I don't. I think a point at the Stadium of Light and at Selhurst Park are two good points gained. Both Sunderland and Palace would have targeted their home games against us as a game they would have looked to have won (in much the same way as we would have expected three points against Fulham) and therefore to only draw at home against us would have been seen as vital points dropped against a side around them in the league - much the same as we did in our bloodletting after the Boxing Day result.

At the moment it is substance over style - this is a needs must situation and that is where I sit for now.

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm hoping you mean condemn!

18. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Yep - good spot Dave !

Thanks.