1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Balotelli Walks Off

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Staines R's, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

Dunno if it’s been done on another thread but hats off to Mario for taking a stance against the racists that frequent Italian football. ****in’ scum the lot of them. Nice to see his opponents and teammates tried to calm him down.
    He later scored a penalty ( though Brescia still lost 2-1)

SW Ranger, Ninj, UTRs and 3 others like this.
  2. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

For those that might think it was an overreaction

3. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Racism from the terraces seems to be getting worse not better. Hoped the 1970's were all behind us

SW Ranger and UTRs like this.
  4. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Apparently the Verona boss said the fans were being 'ironic', isn't that what Jezza said about Jews not understanding British irony when he 'liked' that vile mural?...

daverangers likes this.
  5. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Isn't that the sort of excuse Bojo the clown supporters give to justify calling muslims letter boxes. At least none of the Verona fans are a Prime Minister.

Willhoops and NorwayRanger like this.
  6. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Well they can hear exactly where it came from, will they react or say it’s a sign of appreciation

daverangers and kiwiqpr like this.
  7. Sooperhoop

Problem is in Italy there's no desire to deal with the problem, many clubs are literally 'prisoners' of their Ultras. At least over here you'll be called out whatever your political persuasion...

daverangers and UTRs like this.
  8. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Fair play to him<applause>

Sadley the racism really does seem to be going back in time and racism 110% just sucks!

Ninj and kiwiqpr like this.
  9. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

10. Sooperhoop

This is something that should get across the board coverage, the Sky Sports presenter's comments about Gary Neville's view not being that of Sky Sports might just be the most significant game-changer in the way racism is perceived, with the TV company seemingly putting it's own interests ahead of what is right. Stan Collymore has written perhaps the most shaming open letter and it is absolutely spot-on. Read this and every word is true...

Steelmonkey likes this.

11. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

I’m still shocked you hit women Stan

kiwiqpr likes this.
  12. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Italian football has become very politicized with the ultra groups of Hellas Verona, Lazio and a couple of others having an identification with far right ideologies - on the other hand you have Calcio Livorno and Sampdoria with left wing antifa leanings. Eastern Europe is also full of clubs where the far right has taken over sections of the terraces. The clubs do next to nothing against this - or probably want to but are powerless. At the same time football fans have always latched onto any possible way of needling their opponents - does the whole Celtic team walk off the field because of sectarian chanting at Ibrox ? Hellas Verona has a history of this - they have actually hung effigies of black players from the stands at their ground prior to matches. I don't know why they are even allowed to have a crowd at their matches.

13. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I should start by saying that racism by anyone anywhere is abhorrent; there is no excuse

However, I genuinely don't believe that it is out of control or becoming a much bigger problem here in the game in the UK. There are hundreds of thousands of fans attending matches every week yet I can only think if a handful of alleged incidents. Yes, a handful too many but I heard a lot more sectarian abuse at one match (Aberdeen v Celtic) recently and the police in the crowd did absolutely nothing

That said tough action should be taken against those fans guilty of racism but only once it has been proven. I hate the current fad for trial by social media. Someone is guilty based on fact - not simply because it is easy to spout crap from behind a keyboard

Merry Christmas one and all, and a tolerant and thoughtful New Year

14. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

Is it just me that thinks if players ignored the scum that chant this **** and didnt react so as to disrupt the game and give the racist bullies what they crave then maybe it would stop.
    The players are giving these idiots what they want, just ignore them and they will go away or stop.