1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Barnsley v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Another bloody chairman changing the name of their club.

Sir Cheshire Ben, AlRawdah and Tuckin like this.
  2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Was following the match on twitter, sounds at awful game, but the best way for an awful game to end is with the win. At least the travelling faithful can go home happy. Much needed 3 points, clean sheet and away win though.

Even though we still at not playing our best, a couple of wins against Forest and Boro, and things can look a lot different. Better to have started slowly and come good the 2nd half of the season, let's hope that is the case.

P.S. Since coming out here we are unbeaten, I'm here for another 5 months, keep that up and we will be back in the big time.:emoticon-0100-smile

3. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  4. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

5. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Yes. I heard that on the excellent stream.

6. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

The football was dreadful for most of the afternoon and it was like watching a Sunday League game at times. The conditions didn't help but we seemed incapable of stringing a cohesive run of passes together. Playing Dicko as a lone striker isn't working and he clearly needs someone to play off. The midfield looked so lightweight without Meyler and how Henricksen stayed on is a mystery. However, it's the result which matters and we were always likely to end our poor away run with a scruffy win. I thought the substitutions changed the game for us and Campbell and Irvine both looked impressive and industrious. It should do everyone the world of good finally getting an away win and we now have something to try and build on with 3 games unbeaten. Great support yesterday and loved the banter between the fans and Fraizer Campbell in the first half! Not sure if someone said this earlier in the thread, but what was with their stewards wanting to take the protest banners down?

Newland Tiger and Howden Tigress like this.
  7. King Curtis

Oh, and we're now above massive club in the table <cheers>

8. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

It wasn't that good John!! We had our customary last minute goal mouth drama/panic, fresh air shot defending, but got lucky. The fact that most of us has had Greegsy in MOM top 3 for the last few games speaks volumes. First half they seemed to be marauding through our half at will, but for their lack of quality in front of goal it would have been different. But 3 points is all that matters, relieves some pressure and grows confidence, hopefully Slutsky will now be able to put together a more confident team who can assert ourselves on the game and other teams.

9. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Bloody hell JEXA, I had to read that slowly.... I thought I read 'since coming out' and thought you and Escab!!!... then I re read it thankfully...

10. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Problem is Tigress, you can't cobble together confidence based on that yesterday. They will all know they got lucky, not coming off the pitch thinking we murdered them bring on the next victim and every opponent going forward will know we're there for the taking with some pressure. As I said earlier on the thread, its annoying/ distressing/ upsetting (fill in your own) how far we have fallen in 5 months.

ImperialTiger and Howden Tigress like this.

11. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

That's what I said in the MoM thread really.

It was awful but Barnsley were more direct at attacking most of the game and seemed to have most of it.

12. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Top marks to whoever put those banners up and for the Allam out chants. Good work <applause>

13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

After yesterdays protest, Ehab might have to change his percentage of who he thinks are with him, 2300 on and attendance of about 15,000 is 15%.

I'm sure that is where he got his 10% from, on average there is about 15,000 at games and 1500 travelling away supporters who protest.

14. King Curtis

Struggled to see anyone yesterday not taking part in the protests. No surprise really after Ehab came out with so much nonsense this week.

15. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Walking towards the turnstiles yesterday, after passing Moses & giving him the nod, we saw a couple of City supporters & their kids walking the opposite way. Presuming he was heading for tickets I asked one of them if we needed to go to the ticket office prior to getting in. He replied you didn’t but as they wanted £20 for kids they can “shove it up their arse”

I agree that it is expensive for the youngsters (4-5 years - guess) they had with them but why the **** didn’t they check before leaving? Seemed a strange decision to take when they got there.

stevieg likes this.
  16. Sir Cheshire Ben

A woman in front of me didn’t sit when prompted with the “sit down if you hate Allam” chant. When I had my full weight on my derrière I tapped her & asked her to sit as I couldn’t see. She gave me a look. I guessed she was on so didn't pursue the matter with the already busy Stewards

17. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

The kids prices yesterday were £10 (under 16) and £5 (under 12). So unless Barnsley doubled the prices on matchday, the bloke was talking bollocks.

18. Sir Cheshire Ben

It appears they did, pretty ****ty trick. Quadrupled then for under 12s

“Barnsley have confirmed that Tigers fans who haven't yet bought tickets for Saturday's game at Oakwell will be able to pay on the day.

Tickets are no longer available to buy in advance, but cash turnstiles will be available for the Yorkshire Derby with admission priced as follows:

£27 Adults*

£20 Seniors (65+) & Under 21s*

*- We apologise for the incorrect prices initially advertised on Friday.”

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/articles/2017/201718-barnsley-a-pay-on-the-day/

19. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

I found that odd too so I had a look. It was only £20 for pay at the gate. Had they pre-booked it would have been £5 for under-12's. As you say they could have planned it a bit better.

20. Dills double deckers

Dills double deckers Well-Known Member

Why any club feels it is ok to charge over a tenner for a school kid is beyond me in this day and age.