1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bart the bad egg

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Feb 6, 2020.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Bart has come out again at Paul Hurst.

Snippets include:

- “Form is temporary and class is permanent.”
    - the sun shines out of McCarthy’s arse
    - we knew we were in for a long hard season when Hurst was appointed
    - still upset about being benched against Norwich
    - still upset about being laid into about wages after an abysmal performance against Exeter (thou doth protest too much)
    - the defenders discussed that they had to keep a clean sheet to get anything from a game because there was no quality up front
    - we knew we were relegated in October
    - Hurst was a dead man walking as early as 6th October (just six or seven weeks into the season) and by Leeds everyone knew he was getting fired
    - Lambert entirely blameless because the morale was low

No hint of reflection on his own attitude and performances.

There is no sense of trying to be constructive, to work with Hurst, the damage caused by sniping and backstabbing - this guy has put his ego before everything else.

Bart’s beef with Hurst may have been justified if his leaving was the catalyst for some better performances, or if three transfer windows since had led to any improvement.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - some players were loyal to McCarthy and swallowed up the bile he had at the end of his tenure. We had sold some top players and results did not come immediately. But we have suffered far worse form under Lambert (and appalling form this season at a much lower level).

The manager was not backed by the owner, in fact it sounds like quite the reverse.

The club is toxic and has failed under successive managers. Bart’s behaviour and perspective, as with in any organisation, is by the example set from the top.

As long as Evans remains in ownership, I fear our decline will continue.

2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

There are two sides to this.Firstly ,I’d expected a bit more class from Bart.Secondly shows further evidence(if needed)of the shambolic way the Club has been run for Evans ownership.

3. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Interesting Bart is loyal to McCarthy who couldn't decide who was better: Bart or Gerken (& chose Gerken for a good while)

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

In more positive news, Butcher is getting involved with some defensive coaching. Perhaps we might finally get him involved in the first team set up.