1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Barton on Twitter about Warnock

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ranger74, Jan 20, 2012.

1. _qpr-scotland_

Up to now Id defended Barton but this is ridiculous.

I dont want him at the club. Sell him. Anything would be a profit.

2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I've never really had a point of view on barton and regardless of your opinion of warnock, this is totally unprofessional!! Neil led us up lets just hope joey doesn't take us down! I am now not a fan of this moron. start Derry and buz tomorrow!

3. Ranger74

Ranger74 Well-Known Member

Before we lay into him lets give him a chance. I wish he'd shut up but none of us know what was going on in the background at the club. This could, I stress could, be things just coming into the open and who's to say whether or not the team are fully behind Barton?? He could be voicing a general opinion. Let's give them the benefit and look at tomorrows performance with a crowd getting behind them 100%.

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Well if he does not perform after saying all that about NW then he will look a right 'Twatter'.

5. Renault Ranger

He got owned by the fans and dint respond but tried to use quotes etc to cover the fact he got told to basically shut up as NW did more for theclub and at prersent he has done sweet fa.

There is also a plan to boo him but I plead those going to not do this as this is not what we want. Cheeer the TEAM on to victory and make them feel supported.

6. Ranger74

7. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I agree, there should be no booing. Whatever our personal feelings about Barton, club comes first and we have to be united tomorrow. Wigan would just love to divide and rule.

8. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

just wondering when we will have the first player claiming a strained finger injury through tweeting.....

9. Liverpool_RRRs

this is getting plastered all over SSN too, absolutely embarrassing, Barton's a disgrace to the club.

10. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Rangers should rip up his contract and **** him off.
    He is like The Omen.
    I was looking forward to the game tomorrow.
    For the first time in years, I don't fancy going.
    This will destabilise the team even further.
    We'll definitely get some fans booing him and this won't
    help the team.
    Amazing really, what should of been a great season in our history,
    is descending into an absolute nightmare.

11. StanwellRanger

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16661074.stm

Joey Barton: Neil Warnock to blame for losing QPR job

Page last updated at 18:35 GMT, Friday, 20 January 2012

E-mail this to a friend
    Printable version

Barton was made QPR captain by Warnock
    Queens Park Rangers captain Joey Barton has said former boss Neil Warnock has himself to blame for losing his job.

Warnock attacked the power of social networking sites for "slowly poisoning" his reputation with the club's owners.

But Barton said on Twitter that Warnock should "look in the mirror" if looking for someone to blame for his sacking.

BARTON ATTACKS WARNOCK
    Continue reading the main story

Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomorrow. First time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised
    Joey Barton on Twitter
    "If I talked about Neil, he'd do well to get another job. Twitter cost him his job? I can think of a million other things," he tweeted.

"Lost his job and the guy is blaming everyone but himself! Embarrassing, time to look in the mirror mate," added Barton, who was made club captain by Warnock.

And he went on: "Looking forward to the game against Wigan tomorrow. First time in a while we actually have a plan and seem organised."

Barton's scathing comments come after the former Sheffield United and Crystal Palace boss had criticised the effect of social networking on the manager's job.

"My former chairman at QPR [Tony Fernandes] tweets a lot and some of my players tweet and players only look after themselves," Warnock had told the BBC.

"So it's quite easy to start rumours with this new modern media and I don't think it helps anybody.

"It's a dangerous precedent if you let players talk to the chairman but, you know, you can't stop tweeting."

*****************************************************************************************

Joey...Joey....People in glass houses spring to mind....and don't bite the hand that feeds you....

Hmmm

Stan

12. KING-KERRY-DIXON

To be honest lads he is letting your club down big time, I reckon Hughes will ban him from Twatter like some other managers have done.Wish Man utd would ban fukin Rio ferdinand as well,the nob.

13. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks this is getting blown out of all proportion? After all if you look at what JB has actually said its no different to what has been said on this very board by various people.

Something else to consider as well is if NW said what he said to deliberatley get a rise out of JB he must have done so in the knowledge that this would de-stabilise the team/club, so is it a bit of sabotage on NW's part? (hope not).

Also no boo-ing tomorrow please.

14. _qpr-scotland_

I think the best way for us to show our anger at Barton is to sing Warnocks name one last time. Sing it loud and preferably when he's down near the R Block before following it with one for Mark Hughes.

What Barton has said is so out of order it's unbelieveable. He's responded to effectively a no comment by letting loose. A lot of people are asking what the difference between the two is. Barton is not only still employed at the club but is the highest earner as well as captain. NW is a free agent.

Me and Barton are finished. Even if he scores a hat trick tomorrow I dont want him. He's been at the club five minutes and has seemingly single handedly disrupted the whole feeling around the club let alone a number of underwhelming performances and costing us three points against Norwich.

15. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

I have said this on another thread. NO BOOING. Just one loud chant from all the supporters ... "Paddy for Captain". Bring the house down.

16. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

@Joey7Barton
    Joseph Barton
    Neil Warnock saying I talk to much. Now that is funny #mikebassett

[video=youtube;ylftUmF-GSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylftUmF-GSw&feature=related[/video]

<laugh>

17. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

**** off! If Neil has a dig at Joey, why can't he respond???

Neil more or less said in his interview that Joey went to the chairman and asked for his sacking. NO ONE of us knows the ins and outs in this sorry mess. I for one won't take side with any of them. They're both out of order imo, but Joey has every right to hit back when he's attacked in the way Neil did. Difference is Neil is a media master and uses it to the max, Joey are daft using twitter.

18. Ranger74

Spot on Norway. Wish they'd both shut up and lets get on with supporting the team! Many on here seem blind to the fact they have both behaved poorly just in my view NW has been more subtle about it.

19. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

I used to joke about Barton joining QPR and starting trouble there instead of here at Newcastle, but it seems he's done exactly that.

He genuinely, well and truly, cannot help himself. I've never known anything like it.

20. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Good post