1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Beginning of the end of Slut?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Gone For A Walk, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Starting to feel like it?
    Checked Tigers(****ing)TV and HDM for full pre-match interview. Not there, only shortened doctored version. Why? There is a reason, and I doesn't take a genius to work it out.
    You can literally see the energy and positivity being drained out of him.
    I feel sorry for him (Slut). Given the tools, he could have been incredible for us, on and off the pitch. But he's being royally ****ed over by Enob. It looks to me like his journey with us is coming to a premature unhappy end.

juleskaren and Stan The Man like this.
  2. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

We lost on Tuesday so no big loss.

3. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

All of the pre match interviews have sections that are subject to veto until 1030 pm the day before.
    This is to allow the newspapers to have something to publish.

4. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

So, as it's now past 10.30 pm of the day before, anyone have a link to the full, normal pre-match interview? All I can see is the one that ends very abrubtley with only one person questionning (not meaning the club one). Irrespective, it doesn't change the feeling I get watching & hearing him speak now.

5. hullinasia

hullinasia Active Member

Managers press conference always on the same day this is the first time it's never been on Aina conference was on there yesterday already from the same time. Our Dictatorship has decided the manager was been to negative and refused to air it

6. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

There never has been a full video available so why would there be one now?

Lincoln Tiger likes this.
  7. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

If you watch the Presser - on the Team News thread - you can read him: he just looks exasperated by the situation.

(Look on the bright side? He's mates with Abramovich, who possibly has connections to some delightful characters. Maybe they'll pay a visit to Eeyore...)

8. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Get a grip ffs

9. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Who?

10. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right of course Driff.

The acid test will surely be when Clucas goes. A straight swap with Musa coming in as is suggested, but not sure how reliable or likely that is, will not be sufficient for our Comrade.

It's the number and qualities of bodies coming in that he needs. 1 in 1 out won't work with the 'squad' as threadbare as it is.

Evington likes this.

11. Arnold_Lane_HCFC_

Arnold_Lane_HCFC_ Well-Known Member

Kempton, Tig, tigers40 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-city-boss-leonid-slutsky-348342

Asked if City were showing enough ambition, he said: “I don’t know. Everybody has an individual opinion. Now we have six new players in the team but we have lost 12. I think we need more players but again it’s transfer politics. That’s the area of the owner.

I suspect frustration more than anything, we'll probably get a 'marquee' loan / signing' to appease the reamainers / stop even more membershit schemes being cancelled - 'well I'll give it another ... I 've already paid for ...' take us up to Xmas again ...

dennisboothstash and Evington like this.
  13. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Just watched the 59 second clip that's ended abruptly, seemingly before he can go into why his enthusiasm levels are dropping, and I have every sympathy for Slutsky, Ehab has clearly stitched him up completely. Who'd have thought eh?!

14. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

I do feel for him. He comes across as a bloke who is desperate to do the best he can and seize the chance given to him. Instead, he's having to put up with our clueless clown of an owner uselessly dithering about.

look_back_in_amber likes this.
  15. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

This is a guy who is naturally affable and wears his heart on his sleeve. he also comes across as nervous, certainly on the sidelines during a game he's pacing up and down. I don't think he's someone who can hide his emotions easily (as Silva did).

Yes, he looks frustrated, but is that down to transfers being done by others (he would have known how much input he would get before joining surely) or is it because we are in for players but it's just the way the transfer market is.

One thing looks sure - Hull City doesn't appear to be really spending any money - maybe the Allams will settle for cash in the bank plus safety?

16. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

I can't believe he had no idea of the Allams before he came here. Like Silva it could just be considered a situation where he won't get the blame if things go wrong, and that's likely how both looked at it.

17. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

The answer to the reason why may well be when the team sheet for todays match is announced.

18. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I believe EA told him one thing and then did another; principally because he misread the value of this window and decided to cash in. Slutsky is definitely showing serious frustration and the 59 second cut off was abrupt and telling.

19. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Even if we get Musa , we were heavily linked with him before Hernandez injury and the inevitable Clucas departure , so a further 2 top signings would be needed On top of a left back and a couple of squad fillers , to surely appease even the Ehab fans

20. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

They have experience of sinking £80-100m into the club and ending up where they started. Options.

They can get most of that back through selling best players and parachute payments (they could probably claim that the bank has called in its loan if it's still outstanding -bank is making us sell players).

They can also get most of that back by getting promoted. To have a chance of that the team needs to be top 6 out 24 after 46 games (top 25%). Big spending teams will probably fill top 2 (although no guarantee) and then it's a 4-way crap shoot (if you are good enough for top 6 then you have a chance).

So do you 1) recover most of your outstanding monies and have a outside chance of hitting the jackpot, 2) recover all your outstanding monies and scorch the earth as a "f you" to the fans or 3) speculate on promotion, recovering none of your monies and giving you a better shot at one of the 3 promotion places albeit with no guarantee as others are spending big?