1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Belaid is a Tiger!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Hessle Tiger, Jan 27, 2011.

1. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

guzan
    rosenoir gerrard chester dawson

evans koren ashbee belaid

stewart fryatt...

think i just saw a pig fly past the window tho...

2. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

its not that a bad situation to be in, im impressed weve got him on a 6 month deal, looked on slavias website and he hadnt won their player of the month for 2 years, hoping thats his thyroid problem but im the ever optomist

3. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

The 6 month deal could be bad though if he impresses and leaves at the end of the season. Where's the long term planning in that?

I know we're going through a period of austerity at the club but we have to still make sure we're making sensible decisions and not just basing them on PR.

4. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

After watching the Tiger Player video of the Reading game I was surprised how well Harper played after reading all the criticism of him elsewhere. His passing was spot on, always made himself available for the outlet pass, and covered well defensively. My guess is NP will start the same 11 as against Reading but with Correy Evans in for Stewart at RW. I'd expect Belaid to come in for Evans and Stewart for McLean in the second half, and Barmby as the third sub if used.

5. blackandamber

blackandamber Member

we can extend it for two years if we want, if he impresses we tie him down for another 2 years, we can theoretically sign him for 2 years and sell him the same day we extend his deal if we want to. i imagine its the same cash for the next 2 years aswell.

6. prideofyorkshire

I'm actually quite excited to see what he can do now, hope he gets a run out on saturday.

7. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They seem to have slightly overrated our players this season though. I've had Franco, Cullen, Simpson and Folan as my 4 strikers. The 3 that are actually ours got about 60 goals between them in the first season despite Franco starting 35 games (I just went and checked).

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Looks like he's an eye for the goal.

please log in to view this image

9. Kempton_Dogger

Kempton_Dogger New Member

Let's hope he doesn't have a tooth for goal...like Kilbane!

10. prideofyorkshire

11. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

With those Crazy eyes he looks alot like Jack Jeebs MIB

please log in to view this image

12. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

I was thinking more John Lydon

13. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Drama queens aren't dodgy at the back at all .. look at their record! but if we play well we can win..

I wouldn't drop mclean, remember Reading was an away match, he wins a lot of balls..

You think belaid will go straight in?

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I don't buy all this that Harper is a defensive midfielder. He does a completely different job to Ashbee, with the only real similarity being that they both do hard jobs that go unnoticed. Ashbee leads the team and makes interceptions and tackles, whereas Harper gets up and down tirelessly, makes himself available and makes simple passes. Harper rarely loses the ball, he just links things together nicely.

I do think wer are too negative. But I don't think Harper is to blame. He and Ash are a perfectly balanced partnership.

I'd like to see:

Guzan
    Rosenior Chester Gerrard Dawson
    Belaid Ashbee Harper Koren
    Fryatt McLean

Duke, McShane, Solano, Evans, Stewart, Barmby, Simpson

Get Stewart on for McLean second half to work their tiring defence, actually attack a bit and hopefully get a 2-0 win.

I'd love to beat this lot and TWS.

15. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I don't agree about dropping Harper.

I've watched the entire match again thanx to tigersplayer and watched JH's performance especially - a lot of you don't appreciate what he does.. you don't see him lose the ball much and he links up play to the more technical players.. he also helps guard the defence.. think of him like glue. you don't see it but it holds the team together.. NP knows this and i'd be surprised to see him dropped.. in fact I wouldn't. he had a better game than Ash

Guzan

Rosenior Chester Gerrard Dawson

Koren Harper Ashbee

Belaid

Fryatt Mclean

16. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think the same i saw the.. I can't see what makes him a defensive midfielder, more a box to box player, and after watching him specifically the last 2 games he doesn't do much wrong at all, just consistent but not brilliant. But I always like to have some real flair and creativity in the center of the park, something which neither Ash or Harps bring to the table, and in order for that you need a bone crunching midfielder alongside him to rough it up, who the only player in our squad like that is Ash. Not only that but Ash is our leader and without a true leader on the park who commands respect, performances tend to drop. That's the only reason I dropped Harps from my team.

And even though it's not being debated I chose Simpson over McLean as I think he's finally starting to find his feet, and after not even appearing in our last few games (don't think he's even played since Fryatt and McLean came) he will be eager to take his chance, most definitely against the club he played for last season. I like his link up play along the deck, and he seems a very tidy player, think him and Fryatt would get along very nicely now we're getting some proper service from midfield now and again (although I'd like more hence dropping Harps and bringing Koren central). The only reason he failed the first half of the season so badly was because the only service he was getting was 50ft long balls from defence to fight out with 6 feet + center backs,he's never going to get anywhere with that. I also think he was very unlucky not to bag a few before he did, his finishing looks very cool and composed, trying to place shots nicely away from the keeper, which is what I like a striker to do. Maybe confidence and pressure to get results due to our bad start came into play, but he will definitely become a decent player, of that I am sure.

Did anyone else think McLeans first touch and control was especially poor at Reading?

17. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Harper had a tidy game at Reading...linked up well, made himself available, and made some nice passes, but we need a more creative CMF alongside Ash the assassin. Belaid prefers to play CMF and has good speed. Koren is also suited to that role.

I'd like to see Stewart up front and paired with Fryatt. His pace is a real threat and keeps defenses honest. Bring him on in the second half against QPR.

18. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Heh always makes me laugh that when you all do these team selection things from your own point of view, you rarely end up agreeing, should put into perspective what the actual managers got to do each week, although I guess he has the benefit of knowing what they've trained for etc. Still, s'funny how almost all teams produced are different.

19. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Woah, Canadatiger, is that your real age? We have someone more senior than Uncle OLM??

20. jayc89

jayc89 Well-Known Member

Even as manager's you see the playing staff in a different light. Look at the squad changes at Liverpool from when Rafa was at the helm to now - Would Rafa, or Hodgson, have fielded the same starting 11 as Kenny did last week? Doubtful.

But you're right we rarely get the teams right lol