1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

bellamy

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by jimjamsafc, Jul 2, 2011.

1. jimjamsafc

jimjamsafc Member

2. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

3. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

cest will love this, and tbh i wouldnt say no to him in a red and white top either.

4. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Dont think its a goer, but yeah Id have him.

5. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

Hated him with a passion when he had a black and white shirt on his back,mellowed when he had a light blue shirt,and would love him with a red and white shirt on!!!

6. FlagFlyingHigh

FlagFlyingHigh Active Member

He's on 90k a week at the mo .... don't think so.

7. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

he went to cardiff and said he would go back again if he could, lets hoping that he realises he is an older player and first team football is where its at, not an extra £40,000 a week just for sitting on the bench, and to me he is that sort of player, he loves what he does and he wants to do it week in and week out.

8. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Damned right would kidda. I've said it a million times over that the Craig Bellamy's of this world ARE the difference between winning and losing. He is a horrible little ****er but if he was OUR horrible little ****er we'd love him. Gets in the faces of opponents and opposition fans and that's exactly what we need. A niggle factor.

Can operate up front or crucially, out left as a very attacking left midfield/forward.

If he was for free, a 2 year deal (he is only 32 this month after all), would mean paying him £9.3m in wages. A 3 year deal would mean £14m. Consider that N'Gog is demanding £40k per week and would cost £4m to buy, I'd say Bellamy is a steal at £1m more over 2 years and £3.5m over 3.

Bellamy is a born winner and that desire and hunger to win hasn't left him at all. He would rub off on the rest of the squad and give us a cutting edge. With 152 goals in 435 games, he is no slouch in the scoring stakes either at an average of a goal every 2.8 games.

Imagine the derby game and Bellamy lining up against the mags. They would give him **** and you know how much he likes that? If he is fit enough and keen enough, I'd definitely go for him still.

However, as it is the laziest **** paper in the country, I'd take it all with a pinch of salt.

9. Cannylad

Cannylad Member

I'd love him in a Sunderland shirt, I hope we pull this deal off.

10. c4mackem

c4mackem Member

as said above, niggliny little w*(ker when he's playing for someone else but sort of guy who you'd love playing for you
    Had a lot of injury trouble with his knees, remember him not being able to train too much but wide front left he'd be a plus

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

As opposed to the Yak story, this is a good one. Be chuffed if this happened. But not if it was instead of a Sturridge or someone.

12. CyprusMackem

CyprusMackem Active Member

13. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

ready to be shot but I must say not sure about him. The Bells of old yes but I'm not sure if that bells is still around, his head yes but his body, not sure.

So I suppose happy either way.

14. talcnturnip

talcnturnip Well-Known Member

Wages too high for us and he will not take a cut when he can see out his days at City. With syd here mind Bellamy of about 2/3 year ago yes a total dick but a very good player.

15. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Is he still the player he was though, i wasnt very impressed with his form at Cardiff?

16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

An enormous yes from me.

I don't care if he's a prick, he's a menace, a leader, a grafter, and a player with a load of talent.

People like Whickham and Dong can only improve training with the contrasting styles of Bellamy and Gyan, and £4million is nothing for a player of such influence.

Wages may be an issue, but then, i'll bet O'Shea is on way above our supposed wage cap.

17. Uni_Mackem_MAHons

Uni_Mackem_MAHons Active Member

Would take him in an instant. Wages need to be lower but thats the problem with man city players. Their wages are so inflated because of whos in charge. Think Man city will find it difficult to offload the players they need to get rid of.

18. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

I have to say I dont really get this Sturridge clamour? I've seen him several times live at the SOL and on TV for club and Country and I dont see this £15m+ footballer at all. I see a petulant little spoilt kid but not much else. He has all the attitude you want but I dont see a 20 goal a season footballer in him at all.

Personally, I'd rather take Danny Welbeck for the same amount and in him, I can see the potential for 20 goals in a season and I also see a hard working lad who loves his football.

19. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Rather take Sturridge than Wellbeck.

20. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

debateing point wellbeck for me <bubbly>