1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bending the knee is not sport.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Woody, Sep 14, 2020.

1. safc-noggieland

safc-noggieland Well-Known Member

This is of course not the US.
    But are suggesting that footballers in the UK dare not do what sportsfolk in the US did, that is initially take the heat to do as they believed.
    F1 - not all take the knee.
    Not all teams in the UK take the knee.
    Those who suggest that all footballers that do not agree with the knee gesture are doing it out of ‘pressure’ or fear are doing footballers a great disservice.
    KTF

2. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

how long is it going on for though?

personally, i think it is a bad idea, many feel 'forced' to take part for fear of being branded a racist and i'm afraid that should NEVER be the reason for people to take part...when our beloved media starts being fair to all then we can all work at kicking racism out for good, until then i'm afraid my point of view is that they are fuelling it.

3. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

don't know what bed you have been hiding under but your a million miles from the truth, if your going to comment get your facts right , i know you lean very far left by your comments, but i get sick of people crying over BLM they are a terrorist organisation

4. Makemstine Roger

5. Makemstine Roger

6. Makemstine Roger

7. Makemstine Roger

8. safc-noggieland

Come on Rog. I’ve never mentioned BLM.
    I’ve never mentioned politics.
    All I tried to do is to say that posters by saying footballers who do not like the gesture of ‘taking the knee’ are doing it out of fear.
    It is not beyond the realms of possibility that some do.
    But to suggest that ALL that dislike taking the knee are doing so Out of fear - I find it hard to believe.
    As I posted many in F1 don’t - many in th US - where it started - don’t.
    You suggest that there are no footballers with the courage of their convictions.
    KTF

9. Makemstine Roger

if they take the knee it is in support of a terrorist organisation,

your words
    In the US - where this began - the opposite was the case.
    Those that took the knee were attacked, ridiculed and threatened by their president no less.
    They ‘risked it’. They stood by what they believed to be right

a total contradiction to what you have just stated, now show me the proof of what you have stated, i place a bet with you you cant.

10. Makemstine Roger

the president only became involved when they started killing people burning down residence and businesses and looting WHICH I CAN POST 20 OR MORE VIDEOS OF THE VIOLENCE THEY COMMITED.

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Taking a knee is not supporting BLM.

Woody and The Norton Cat like this.
  12. safc-noggieland

No Rog. NO NO NO.
    When first few Am. footballers took the knee before their games(and there were only a few) DT said the owners should sack them. He even railed aginst club owners when they didn’t clamp down on the few that at first kneeled during their national anthem.
    History then showed DT fury (along with more desths) only led to more athletes doing it.
    To make it clear I am not suggesting who is right or who is wrong when making gestures of conscience.
    I just think that to say no footballer ‘dare’ not take the knee, is to do footballers in the UK a disservice.

13. Makemstine Roger

who is it supporting then as C Kaepernick started it and endorsed it, after he made millions out of the sport but never gave a cent to the poor of Harlem, quick to criticize he was , but only interested in the big bucks

farnboromackem likes this.
  14. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

If that's what's considered an issue, I feel for people. Life must be pretty ****ing hard.

15. Makemstine Roger

Noggie i understand where you come from, however the knee is synonymous with BLM,and they have been going in restaurants demanding people eating raise a clenched fist in support any that don't are physically and mentally abused as the videos proove

16. Makemstine Roger

and what was he kneeling for then, whiteys giving him too much cash, he isn't even black he has a mixed ethnic minority background

17. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

It had nothing to do with BLM, it was a stand against police brutality and it was his unique way.

He actually sacrificed his career by doing so, Nike picked it up and supported him, as did many other major athletes of all colour and origin throughout US sports.

BLM is a whole different ball park hence more and more are distancing themselves from them, they are more know for the ‘fist’ of black power then the knee.

Kaepernick took a stand and refused to acknowledge the anthem of the US as he didn’t feel there was unity. It wasn’t remotely racist from him, it was never ‘them and is’. Sadly there are folk in the world that have twisted his actions that way and try and keep it ‘them and is’, which is the absolute opposite of all he did.

He wanted equality, he wanted unity, and he used his position in the spotlight to show it, at great sacrifice to his career.

Just as a side note, he did indeed donate millions to several charities and causes in that area.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  18. Makemstine Roger

we had a **** play for us who refused to wear poppies,JMc he was born in Northern Ireland but chose to play for the Republic, the poppy is to commemorate all those fallen in the war, like James CK is an attention grabbing arshole yes a few deaths happen each year by gun ho policemen but the number of cops killed and wounded by blacks far outweigh the other side by a factor of 40, more black are killed by blacks than any police action 13 % of the population commit 54 % of all gun crime and 80% of that percentage on their fellow coloured people, anyway people who bend the knee are woke attention seekers like Hamilton, who takes it for Blm **** him and all who support and with that im done

19. Dancingstripes

Dancingstripes Well-Known Member

When you are the only person refusing to take the knee from 22 players on a football pitch, you will create major attention for your self.

That major attention will be the mainstream media.

The mainstream media will write things about you that will make you fear.

It's completely different if a whole team does it, or a formula 1 driver.

Gillythedilf and clockstander like this.
  20. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Sign of weakness IMO

**** George Flloyd good riddance to the career criminal.