1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best Lovers, Shola Haters

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Crouching Shola Hidden Talent, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

On this one occasion I actually agree. Shola was more active than usual last night and Best looked subdued and more likely to score at the wrong end. I always try to be fair and balanced and despite my dislike of handicap that is Ameobi, I actually think he did ok considering the **** that was served up to him and Best last night. But in general there is no comparison to be made. Best does more running in his sleep than Ameobi manages in a PL game of football. To be honest I'm bored of the excuses people make for Ameobi, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the fact no one has ever shown any interest int aking Ameobi from us in ten years tells its own story on his value to the team.

He is not good enough Ameobi full stop for me. Best is a back up option but seems the type to thrive on regular action and I think he'll struggle to get that here now. I still look at our strikeforce and think it needs work. Instead of the likes of Shola and Lover we need younger options like Jordan Rhodes or someone of that ilk who has a bit of potential to develop, and bring energy sadly lacking from our current bench options.

2. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

For me, Shola goes down as one of the worst (if not the worst) long-term Premier League strikers in the history of the tournament. I don't think anyone, anyone, has been that poor as a striker and managed to get so many games for so long. It's beggars belief. He just offers virtually no goal threat and has only scored once in 16 ****ing appearances.

3. Colly NUFC

Colly NUFC Active Member

I'll say what I always do, he's a fourth choice striker, makes sub appearances, and his goal tally is adequate for that. He's not going to set the world alight, and he's been pretty much destroyed by injuries, but he's what we've got at the moment so I'm not going to slate him unnecessarily. If he's played crap, fine, criticise him afterwards, but a lot of people here write him off before kickoff and tick a little box every time he makes an error, or rate him 2 out of ten in rubbish ratings threads. If the same scrutiny was applied to Ben Arfa (a first team superstar, not backup) he'd be getting similar in games where he doesn't score.

Last two games, particularly Brighton, he's played better than Best. Yes, Bests out of position, but he missed two gilt edged chances in the box that Shola set up. The rest of that game, as even Chris ****ing Waddle noticed, Shola won everything in the air but had no support, yet he gets blamed for the result.

Yes, he's rubbish, but when there's a thread before every game to spot his mistakes its just pathetic. People actually want him to fail seemingly.

4. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

He SHOULD be our fourth choice striker but Pardew rates him as our 3rd choice for some ****ing reason.

I don't understand what aspect of him Pardew **** over, because there's no aspect of Shola that is better than Best.

5. Marvo

Marvo Member

They've scored the exact same amount of goals in the past two seasons - 10 each. Best has more league goals, though.
    They're both completely ****, anyway.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Don't think this is true. Under Pardew he has been mainly our 3rd choice striker, and for a fair bit he has been first/2nd choice. That is unacceptable in the PL. To be fair we have now signed Papiss which pushes him out of starting contention, but on all known evidence it is hard to say who Pardews rates higher in the pecking order between Best and Shola. I think its Shola if I was pushed. That to me is nonsensical because he is rubbish. I do not even think he is good enough to be a 4th chocie striker for a club with top 8 aspirations.

I'm bored of the "he wins headers argument". He wins a few and maybe Pardew should have had Best closer to him last night and against Brighton, but to be honest the quality of his knock downs is mainly ****e and I'm not even convinced he knows which direction its going to go in off his 50p head. How is his strike partner meant to read it? He should have been shipped out years ago.

People don't want him to fail Colly, the lad has had more undeserving support from our fans than anyone I know in my time watching the club. The blind support thing reaches its limits too, and I think that is what we have seen from the fans with him this season. Everyone is sick of watching the same ****e from him. People don't want him to fail, they want him to leave and stop subjecting us to his 1 in 10 good game ratio, his inability to score with regularity, the breakdown of our attacks and most of all his lazy lolloping about. People criticise him before games because you know 9 out of 10 times you'll be right and they're sick of him spoiling their Saturday afternoon.

7. Jonas' Dance Teacher

Jonas' Dance Teacher Active Member

Totally agree! Best is awful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.