1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best team we have played twice

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by over18and legal, Feb 11, 2014.

1. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Hull fan in peace.

You have a top team. We have been totally outplayed in both games. Bloody entertaining football to watch too.
    Fair play to you.
    We are very much in a fight to stay up but it's certainly exciting.

Please destroy the Slumberland c***s in the cup. I have heard you guys have had a few of their thickos to deal with on these boards.
    I detest them with a passion.
    I visit other boards to talk footy and share views but some of those mackems are just the most vilest (is that a word) people you are ever likely to come across.

In closing, it was nice to play a team were your players didn't roll around or fein injury.

<cheers>

2. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

I'll allow it. But I won't allow the use of the word "most" before it. ;)

Also I kinda like Sunderland for the most part but god am I sick of not beating them.

3. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Top side Southampton.

Good luck for the rest of the season, unless we meet in the cup.

4. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Cheers 18 - you'll find we have a lot of time for your manager here. Classy man, and hopefully you'll pull away again from the bottom. You'll also find an awful lot of people keen to finally finish off Sunderland in one of our countless games this season!

Good luck for the rest of the campaign.

5. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I really do not like Gus Poyet.

I like Steve Bruce.

I don't like Sunderland, they're like Middlesborough.

I don't mind Hull; said from the start you'll stay up. Bruce makes you difficult to beat and the two new boys up top will get goals.

Good luck

PS. Best performance against at home in the Chamionship maybe barring Leicester. Outplayed us apart from 8 minutes after half time.

6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Really, any rival fan does not have to say 'in peace' when coming here. We assume it is always 'in peace'. The threads don't last if anyone is not 'in peace'. So don't bother with the 'in peace' We're a peaceful bunch.

Everything you said about our team is true. And you won't have any trouble staying out of relegation, in my opinion. True, everyone seems to be beating everyone else, in true competitive spirit [about bloody time anyone in the PL could beat anyone else, a la Championship style], but some teams still get turned over slightly more than others, hence relegation happens. Your team won't be amongst those.

7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

It's funny how my preferences towards which teams go down is starting to become more and more based upon their not606 representation.

Hope Hull stay up healthily, Sunderland on the other hand...

8. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Well played lads. Really enjoy watching Southampton, not only for the football you play but for the contribution to the future of English football you're making. Hopefully you lot can kick on this year and next and break the top 7.

Having the young English players playing in Europe would be great and also help fend off interest from the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea for them.

All in all, I echo the other City posters on here. You're a very impressive team with only improvement on the horizon.

9. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

That's a good point. I just found WHU dull until Trixter came on here and started throwing his weight about. Now I really, really want them to go down (not that that's likely now).

On the other hand, Hull have a decent manager and a group of fans who are quite clearly very devoted to the club and its history. They also play entertaining football. I'd like them to stay up.

Vin

10. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Same here Vin. I dont think West Ham are safe yet. Lose their next couple and they are right back in the mix.

11. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I think God should have a capital G.

P.S. Steve Bruce is a top bloke and I agree with others that there are teams you end up disliking as a consequence of their obnoxious fans which is a shame because I am sure most clubs have great fans who are in the majority.

If I was a Pompey fan reading the Portsmouth News website I would have a pretty dim view of our club.

Two or three rather silly fans can wreck a club's reputation.

12. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Mauricio said he liked Hull prematch...his judgement is good enough for me. Bruce is a lovely guy. I think Hull will be safe...a good defence is the foundation for success...you gain more points than you lose.

I have to say that I have always loved my team (of course) but at the moment if smugness had a Tog rating it would be 13.5. I am so proud of our team...I don't care if we will never win a title...we support a team that is achieving a measure of success in many fields and yet still feels as if it belongs to us.

13. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Here! Here! Well said.

14. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Unfortunately, our defence is getting a little thin, Dudgeon has been out all season, Chester is out with a hamstring problem, McShane got stretchered off last night and looks to have torn ankle ligaments, Rosenior is out with a thigh strain, Brady has been out for months(though hopefully he's back now) and Figueroa seems to have forgotten how to play football.

You're the only team to outplay us home and away so far this season, I thought we did well to come second last night. <doh>

15. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

I like Bruce. Like Mick McCarthy he is just an honest man that doesn't moan too much and gets on with things. Both of them deserved better than they have had through the last few years but have been tossed aside. Want Hull to stay up.

The 2 clubs I most want to go down are Hammers and Sunderland but they both seem to have started getting points together although both well and truly still in the battle at the bottom i.e. from 10th to 20th :)

16. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I think there's a fair bit of mutual respect and shared ideas between both managers. Both talk about the other team appreciatively, and Bruce is very quick to own up and talk about a better team beating his. I'd like to think that Poch would say the same, if the tables were turned.

17. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Godders, I'm surprised at you - surely it's 'Hear! Hear!'??

18. Itchen Masack

Itchen Masack Well-Known Member

My gf is from Hull and I've been there maybe 30 times, so I have a certain fondness for the place. Even have a Hull shirt (which I refuse to wear!). Hope Hull does enough to stay up this season, I'm sure they will as they actually look to play football. It was also refreshing to watch a match where the opposition fans didnt shout 'handball' every 5 mins or so :D

19. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm using it as slang, not as an actual name. The same rules will apply as to words like "****" and "damn" and "jeez", etc.

20. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

If there is a better team than Saints, of course<whistle>