1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Best/Worse Transfer Deadline day outcomes for us

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MIAMI_FOX, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Also for people waking up

Ahmed Musa remains here as he rejected Hull as he didnt want to play in the Championship

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I still can't shake the feeling that Silva isn't/hasn't happened as it seems there was questions over whether everything was done on time and surely it would have been announced as soon as Drinkwater was.....

3. Proud Fox

Everything is done. Paperwork is in just waiting on international clearance

4. JohnTheFox

It's years of supporting Leicester than make me <yikes> hopefully that's correct, I'd have thought it'd have also been stated if it wasn't happening. Hopefully the club are creating a really **** intro video to release over breakfast in the morning.

What's the deal with Mahrez by the way, I'm in Hawaii so have been relying on foxestalk ans the Sky transfer fees, haven't seen any TV coverage but seems he has been pimping himself around europe and the club has no idea where he is?

5. Proud Fox

Clubs stance on Mahrez is that he is on international duty so its not our problem where he is. Its up to Algeria to locate him

6. JohnTheFox

Sounds like he won't be going anywhere unless an offer from Spain comes in tomorrow (today in a England).

Very worried about Silva, we must have missed the deadline

7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Still nothing official about Silva. Swap him for DD and money in the bank, great deal if it happens.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Portugal's transfer window closes on 22nd September so as long as we've done our part before our deadline is all that matters as they aren't bothered to say up waiting on us.

9. JohnTheFox

It's us doing our part I'm worried about. Silence is deafening

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Our official US account has announced it.

Mercury says it's done as well.

11. JohnTheFox

Looks fake that, until the club announce it I won't believe it

12. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Stupid comment.

13. BucksFox

Another stupid comment

14. BucksFox

Hope so.

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That me and @JohnTheFox want a player that played crap and want to leave to bugger off so a player that hasn't and want to join to come to us is stupid?

I know that you seemingly can only remember him from 2 years ago but accept that we and many other Leicester fans remember last season have a vastly different view to you.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

But no proper RB! Would have loved for us to get someone with some attacking nuance and with overlapping fullbacks on both sides.

Dunno what is happening with Mahrez - anyone know who he was negotiating with as whoever it was apparently didn't contact us so surely that is tapping up?

17. Proud Fox

Just angers me that how bad we was in the window last year. As Premier League champions we only manage to sign players like Mendy, Hernandez, Musa, Zieler, Kapustka and Slimani. Only decent signing came in January with Ndidi

Fast forward 12 months are signing proven quality in Iborra, Dragovic and Silva and exiciting young players in Maguire and Iheanacho

18. JohnTheFox

Or maybe, it was clearly obvious he was going and we had a replacement lined up so I wanted him to hurry up and go so we could get the replacement in. Guess what, now it seems that Chelsea and Drinkwater messed around until too late in the day and the Silva signing seems to have missed the deadline so are you happy with that?

19. JohnTheFox

It's not even that. As I had said directly to Bucks, my reason was that because of the stage in the day we needed things to happen. If we didn't have a replacement lined up I'd have been willing him to stay. No news on Silva suggests I was right to be wanting DD to hurry up but I'm sure Bucks will be happy as clearly nobody can replace a member of the title squad!!

20. BucksFox

I didn't say that you and Big Fox are stupid. That would go against my principles of wanting contributors to freely express differing opinions on this forum. What I objected to was the tone and disrespect for a player who has always given his all for us.

I happen to believe that Danny Drinkwater has been criticised unfairly by you and others, but they are your opinions and I accept that opinions are personal views and are not right or wrong. Any player can be replaced. Whether the replacement lives up to hopes and expectations is another thing completely. As a life long Leicester supporter I want the club to be successful, just as you do. I genuinely hope that Silva turns out to be a good move for us.