1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Better than nothing fans back in

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons why I’ve renewed my season ticket this year. But I will be surprised if I get in based on those numbers

3. Red Robin

Did not renew ours- but covid kicked in -22 years running felt strange not renewing.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Makes no difference to us initially with us looking like we're heading for tier 3 but great news overall. Full capacity again before the end of the season? Unlikely but it'd be amazing.

5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

cant see the tweet ..I E on this machine! but guessing allowing some fans in!
    I would think it would be names in hat draw x number those drawn go in hat 2.. next game draw from hat 1 … names into hat 2 etc...after x games and hat 1 empty draw from hat 2 put into hat 1 repeat till capacity is granted for ST HOLDER NUMBER?
    SEATING pairs is more economical than singles! space wise ...

6. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

It's a start. Could be a big win for small clubs in Tier 1 areas as they may pick up floating fans who just want to see live football? A bit like the Gas with their 40,000 "fans" at Wembley....

7. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

How do they do Old Trafford when their fans come from every where else in the country and abroad.

8. realred1952

4000 OUT OF 75000 FANS and most are ST?
    City will not have any till March the way the tw*ts keep bucking the rules!

9. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

10. realred1952

that's about 2 months at least before fans ? unless there is a vaccine?
    Bristol "rates coming down?" but activating the nightingale complex? …:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think

11. Red Robin

Mate was involved in the electrics there monster place.

12. realred1952

well no Tier 1 SO ONLY A FEW GET CROWDS … of 2000 ! Bristol is surrounded by tier 2 [ S Glos ? tier 3 ]
    no crowds for welsh teams....
    EXPECT the main prem teams are glad of tier 3 must cost more than they would get to open it up! imagine a capacity of say 40,000 needing to tape off 36,000 seats! let alone 60 or 70, ooo

13. realred1952

Well first weekend of fans and already trouble! and I don't mean Millwall game. Humans were given a voice and civilised countries allow those humans to voice opinions using them! Already Warbutton has thrown fuel on the fire, is this an attempt to get fans barred pre game, bearing in mind the same fans wont be there anyway!
    The same goes for Cheltenham … what a "pR*** AND and a load of dicks spoiling it for everyone, problem there is such miniscule crowds they will see more games more quickly!
    Rooney, did like him, but recently gone off him is taking up all issues to get noticed .. should stay out of politics …

14. realred1952

Millwall players will not take a knee before Tuesday's Championship fixture against QPR but will stand arm-in-arm in a "show of solidarity for football's fight against discrimination".
    It comes after some Millwall fans booed the players taking a knee before Saturday's defeat by Derby at The Den.
    Players of both teams will collectively hold up an anti-racism banner.
    Millwall's regular shirt sponsor will be replaced with the logo of anti-discrimination body Kick It Out.

BRAVO Millwall

Some QPR players will take the kneebefore Tuesday's game at The Den, despite having stopped the gesture earlier this season after director of football Les Ferdinand said its impact had "been diluted".

Red Robin likes this.
  15. realred1952

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live's Monday Night Club, former England defender Micah Richards said booing is "not acceptable". …..WRONG..... !
    "Millwall fans, from their point of view, this whole movement is becoming political.
    They're saying they don't think the players at their club should want to kneel because of what Black Lives Matter represents in their mind," he said.
    "If they're booing that, it's not acceptable, but it's free speech and that is their opinion, but I think people are taking Black Lives Matter in a different context and changing the actual narrative of what it's all about. [ right there I reckon ]
    but then says …………..

"When the players are taking the knee they are not saying black lives matter and they are any better than white lives, they are trying to say it's a stand for equality and unity and that is why they are taking the knee."

REALLY … it was done as an objection, a very strong one, against police action toward prisoners. It STARTED and it highlighted the wrong of those officers over doing it, the same manoeuvre is used against, [ WAS] a lot of arrests where the perp resisted or was thought likely to cause police injury.... whether Black white yellow or any colour you wish to add ….

16. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I prefer F1 stance, those that want to take the knee,take it , those that don’t, don’t have to , just stand but wear a T-shirt with a slogan on. In football all players take the knee, to me it seems they are expected to, that’s wrong and personally think it has less impact as we don’t know whether it’s meant or not.

Redprintt likes this.
  17. realred1952

<ok><ok><ok><ok> totally agree lost its impact for what it was intended to highlight …

18. realred1952

come on Millwall get that 2nd goal !

Red Robin likes this.
  19. realred1952

well London has been their own worst enemy … as a generalization. packed streets shops hostelries theatre etc etc even had loads of fans going to football … BUT HEY HO … the sod the virus sod the mask brigade have struck…. hey? pardon ?what do mean?? "what do you mean NO football no pubs no shops no rugby no darts no theatre … " .....why not...pardon me ? tier 3 wots that mean we are Londoners .. we cant be having that … OH YES YOU CAN.... blame the erjits ….