1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Betting tips/discussion

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by leeds down south, Aug 19, 2020.

1. leeds down south

leeds down south Well-Known Member

Very close again! Only Newport denying another big win. Too many draws for me..........

2. leeds down south

Any value tonight?
    upload_2021-9-4_20-56-27.png

3. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Never really on Ryan. looked a close bet but my highest cashout was 33 quid.
    Was always chasing today then I got some give late on.
    Roll on next week!

leeds down south likes this.
  4. leeds down south

upload_2021-9-5_10-38-17.png
    Blues DNB @17/20

5. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Do you discuss horse racing on here or is it football only?

6. leeds down south

I only focus on football. Don't have much of an idea about horse racing as evidenced by my showing on ITV7
    upload_2021-9-5_11-4-25.png
    Similar results in June/July

7. Saf

You think that's bad? Those figures aren't bad, at all.

If you kept backing horses that were 9/2/5/1, you'd be in profit <ok>

I enjoy the odd flutter, I'll bookmark this thread and keep popping back if nobody minds.

leeds down south likes this.
  8. Saf

I'd also urge caution against being hyped up by BET365 stats on in-play football. They're notorious for upping their dangerous attacks and shots to make the game look far more attacking and competitive than it really is. Always bet with 365 as best odds but follow your matches on another website would be my advice. William Hill is a good one, they give you far more information about what is happening in the game and are more realistic with their shots on and off target.

SIDDAS and leeds down south like this.
  9. Saf

Bet365 are showing 29 shots in this game now. William Hill and most others are showing about 20-22...

10. leeds down south

Yeah I sometimes cross reference with William Hill- includes woodwork and even goal kicks can be quite useful to tell if the stats seem accurate (shots off target). Appreciate not every goal kick is a result of a shot off target.
    upload_2021-9-5_11-17-0.png

SIDDAS and Saf like this.

11. Saf

I'm having one little bet on the horses today. The 2:00 at Fontwell.

The favourite, Vorashann, doesn't interest me. Last good effort came on soft ground today it's running on fast ground and still 5lb higher than for it's last win. PawPaw looks a big danger, he is running on the ground he likes but fell short last time with no excuses and has gone up a further 2lb for that. Should stil be thereabouts. Northern Bound is out of form and the handicap hasn't cut it any slack yet and remains on the same mark after a poor run, last time out. The outsider of the race is Court Royale, I like this old horse and is very capable of winning a race like this and has an interesting mark. Finished 3rd, 2nd and 3rd running off marks of 121, 120 and 119. Today he is running off a mark of just 114, that's 6lb lower than when finishing a good second at Chepstow. However, I'm going to risk my pennies on IRON HEART. He won well at Newbury on good ground before two below par races. Pipe has since put the horse through a wind operation and give its first run out since that on the flat which I think was a very sensible move. Moving up a couple of furlongs seems the right thing to do and the horses wind op should allow that horse to improve again. Horses second run after wind surgery is generally the time to catch them so I'm taking a chance on this at 7/2.

Not a strong fancy, at all. Literally just a couple of quid on this for interest.

12. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Good luck with the horse mate. I used to be well into my horses a few years ago. but since I got married etc things have slowed down from betting everyday it's now mainly a Saturday job for the horses but I generally back jockeys not the horses lol.
    Goodluck

13. Saf

The horse came nowhere, I only put a 5a on it for interest. I watch over 100 races every week but I'll usually only bet on 1 or 2. I just love the sport.

If there's a horse that I really fancy or if a lad I know who rides out for a trainer gives me the nod then the bet will be anything from £50 upwards.

14. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Ah i thought your horse was for today lol.
    Yeah i could do with a good winner if you hear owt mate.

Saf likes this.
  15. Saf

If you like Ante-Post bets, DYSART DYNAMO is 8/1 to win a race at next years Cheltenham. He shown so much potential and ability in his two starts, he'll either go in the Champions bumper or a novice hurdle. He's 16/1 for a few of the races and at this stage I wouldn't take the risk of trying to work out which race he'll be targeted at. Out of Dysart Dancer who was rated 119 in her short but successful career and his Sire is Westerner who was an Arc runner-up and Ascot Gold cup winner.

Assuming nothing goes wrong with him I think that's decent value for a win. EW should be a safe bet.

SIDDAS likes this.
  16. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Have to admit I'm a Jumps man my local track is Newcastle but I only go when the Jump season is on.
    I know the horse you on about one of many Mullins beasts.
    Anti Post not really my thing as so many things can go wrong unless its a no run no bet offer.
    I will defo watch out for it though.

As on the betting side I will always remember what my uncle said to me who was a mad punter. anything coming over to race from abroad midweek or at minor tracks take seriously as there not coming over for the day out or to gain handicap marks.. If they were they would stay at home and do it somewhere close.
    Gordon Elliott I made some decent money from when he travelled bunches to the Scottish tracks and got Dickie Johnson to travel up.
    Always like a traveller.

Even though I love a dabble Horse racing is the most corrupt sport out there lol as its so easy to pull a horse even with closer inspections these days.
    Handicaps are big no no's for me on decent bets as someone is always plotting a plan.
    Pattern races. Listed, Group races are what I used to take a closer look into when i was more serious as its so much more a level playing field you can actually work out form on a level weight with most horse running around the same distance.

You should join me and Ryan in our weekly fun football bet SAF.

leeds down south and Saf like this.
  17. Saf

Yeah, I'll happily give it a go, mate <ok>

Although I've moved to County Durham, now, I'm a Geordie so I like going to the Newcastle meetings. I'm there in November for the fighting fifth. Like you. I am also all about the jumps races. I must admit, I'm big on handicap races. I like the process of looking through all the form and trying to work out which horse is on a good enough mark to be the plot in that race. Most Group races I don't bet on, I'm there for the pleasure with those so I like to relax and watch the whole race so I can take it all in. You can't do that with a bet on as you're mainly just solely focused on your own horse and miss the tactics and main action of the race.

Me and a mate are talking with a trainer now with a view to buying yearlings and then selling them through the breeze-ups as unraced 2 year olds just 6 months later. We think there's decent profit to made with quick turnovers going down that route...

18. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

If only I had the money lol
    Land me a few winners I might join you lol.

Yeah me and Ryan have a Saturday only £20 four team Accy.
    Only Uk Games though.
    Just seeing if we can make a profit I got a lucky one up the other wee. Ryan got sucker punched by a last Minute Southampton goal at the toon I think the same week.
    I bet mine too infact i think Ryan does as well if I'm not mistaken.
    end of the day it's just a bit of fun and we just seeing if we can make a profit over the season.
    so feel free to join in along with your horsey tips along the way.

Saf likes this.
  19. Saf

20. leeds down south

Away look slightly better 1st half
    Draw no bet 13/8
    upload_2021-9-8_14-4-59.png
    upload_2021-9-8_14-5-23.png