1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big Mouth Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Miketyson2007, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

soooo after a 1 0 win over Bristol Rovers it appears that Robinson is the darling of the covered end..the new messiah .
    Apparently his name was sung loud and proud on Saturday by the covered end .
    Amazing what a decent performance can do.
    He's Cringeworthy corny in the extreme BUT whatever floats your boat.I suppose .
    His after match interview was classic Robinson ...brought a tear to many an eye I'm sure .
    I will never take to him .if we win the league I will probably give him a teeny weeny clap but that will be it .
    He's not for me never was never will be .

2. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

The covered end did chant "Robinson's Red Army" several times, and in the last few minutes of the game they responded loudly when KR waved his arms at them demanding more support. I think however that their primary motivation was to cheer on the team rather than show adoration for Karl Robinson personally.

Of course his popularity is high at the moment. Many fans badly want to believe that this is not another false dawn. Others I think just crave some success to cheer and make them proud again. But I feel most of the support from the fans on Saturday was for those ten men in our shirts who defended so well and even took the game to Bristol Rovers when they could.
    Without getting carried away, I think we can all be proud of them for that performance.

:emoticon-0159-music "And now I know how Joan of Arc felt, now I know how Joan of Arc felt...":emoticon-0159-music

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Butterfield and Miketyson2007 like this.
  3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

He talks an awful lot of sh1te, but if he gets us up and keeps us up I can accept that especially when you look at Roland's other managers.

4. Butterfield

Butterfield Well-Known Member

As the flames rose,
    To her Roman nose and her Walkman started to melt

Ponders Revisited and lardiman like this.
  5. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Karl Robinson's forthright style may impress and enthuse the squad when things are going well, but the real test will come when things begin to go wrong.
    And they will begin to go wrong at some point during the season, even if only through pure rotten luck.

Will KR be able to keep the squad united when the pressure is on, or will his habit of shooting from the lip cause division and make things worse?
    That will be the real test of his management ability.

Hard work and practice over the summer can bring early success. But coming through tough times during the season and regaining success will take character. The whole squad will need to show that character in order to win promotion.

:emoticon-0159-music"...stop me if you think that you've heard this one before...":emoticon-0159-music

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  6. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I like Robinson. I know he talks a lot and contradicts himself sometimes. But he has done a lot of work with the squad this Summer. He has brought in some very good players at this level, Clarke, Fosu, Reeves, Marshall,Amos.
    He has moulded them into a team who work hard for each other. We seem to be more professional off the pitch too.

Ken Shabby and ForestHillBilly like this.
  7. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

The reaction on CL to Robinson saying we have our Charlton back (that phrase makes me cringe) is truly pathetic.

DickPlumb likes this.
  8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Pretty cool that you met Luke Young <laugh>

DonCorleone likes this.
  9. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

My fourth chin was particularly excited.

10. DickPlumb

I think the reaction to comments made by Robinson on CL has been completely over the top. What Robinson meant was that they are trying to get back to the core values of what Charlton is about. Hard work, togetherness etc. Which I think is true. But certain people pounce on every phrase or expression and use it against Robinson or the regime. Robinson is a football manager not a politician, he is enthusiastic and sometimes lets his mouth run away with him.

DonCorleone likes this.

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

He can make me cringe - but he appears to have the best intentions for Charlton.

12. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Did Karl Robinson actually say the words "We've got our Charlton back"?

If anyone can post a link to whatever he has been saying along these lines I'd be most grateful...

13. DickPlumb

lardiman likes this.
  14. ForestHillBilly

KR may not be a Curbs or a Lennie, but neither is he a Dowie, pardew, a Fraeye, a Millwall Bob, a "Mad Dog" Luzon, or a Slade.

15. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Saturday he got the team playing well. They adjusted to the sending off. They won 1-0.
    He wants the fans with the team. He may have jumped the gun that ee have our club back, but there are a lot of fans looking happy again. Robinson is a manager, he should be judged on that. If we lost ten on the bounce and he apologised, it would change nothing, so why get het up now? Cut tbe guy a break and support the team.

16. lardiman

Forum Moderator

"The fans have got their team back..."

Perhaps KR isn't a million miles away with this expression. I think the team we have now is about as close as we'll ever get to the kind of team we would want, under this ownership and in this league. It might be a bit of a premature claim after just one game of the season, but I can see how much he wants it to be true.

It may be that the fans have got their team back. However that should not be mistaken for us getting our Club back.

17. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Every word he utters is corny bullshit to me

18. ForestHillBilly

If anyone thinks the CL thread about KR's "got the club back" is OTT, have a look at ITTV's near-hysterical response to it.

19. ForestHillBilly

His conspiracy theory about referees picking on us because we're so good is ridiculous, and I hope he doesn't really believe it. Blaming Novak's red card on simulation by the bearded one reminds me why we couldn't stand him when he managed Milton Keynes. My conspiracy theory is that he knows Crofts and Novak are both liabilities, so told them to go in two-footed in order to get them banned. Crafty, eh?:emoticon-0136-giggl

20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

The Welshman's twin!