1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Big Mouth Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Miketyson2007, Aug 7, 2017.

1. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

SeriouslyRed could not make a decision on buying a packet of biscuits in a supermarket.

Lets see where we are..........................

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

SR seems a well meaning bloke, but he undoubtedly prefers a spreadsheet to a clean sheet on a Saturday.

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

How do they get bubbles into pi55 water?

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

All we need to do is sell a player for £11m and we can do it again. Who will it be this year, Novak? Crofts?

5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

He's off his head.

6. User deleted as requested

What p1ssed you mean?

Like you <laugh>

7. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I generate an atmosphere at the aways!

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I'd rather go for a beer with the most wanted geezer in message board world than SeriouslyRed.

9. User deleted as requested

Colin is on top form today <laugh>

IMG_0330.PNG

lardiman likes this.
  10. ForestHillBilly

Roland must be paying KR a pretty big bonus for his loyalty.

11. User deleted as requested

Robinson is and always has been a Belgian stooge. His comments in this transfer window reinforce it. Why else was he kept last season when he achieved worse results than his 6/7 stooge predecessors.

When Meire calls him to ask him to bend over and have the latest broom handle shoved up his jacksie, Robinson's only question is "how far up this time?".

The fact is that after Powell, only the greedy (Slade) or the desperate egotist (Gobbo) will work for this mob.

I think most Charlton fans would start to warm to Gobbo a bit more if he just stopped spouting this incoherent illogical drivel.

'Wait til January and spend big' my arse.

12. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sadly, that's my overriding view. He has turned things around in fine fashoon on the pitch, but he cannot keep to football. He seems to feel he can mediate between the fans and the Belgians. He'd do better to pressure them to back him. The foitball being played is keeping protests of the agenda. A serious run of injuries and this transfer window and his multiple answers about signings will come back to bite him.

13. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Agreed. Robinson needs to stop pretending he knows how Charlton fans feel.

If he cut out the patronising blather and simply let the good results speak for themselves, he would be rightly supported for doing his job well.
    That's all I want from him - to get Charlton back into the Championship.
    Not to tell me I've got my team back because we've won a few games and the protest chanting has gone away for now.

A pause in hostilities should not be mistaken for surrender.
    The protests have ceased at present, but only a simpleton would believe they are finished.
    They will only end one way;
    In celebration, on the day that Charlton fans hear Duchatelet and Meire have gone.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  14. ForestHillBilly

I ask myself what's in it for him, and answer myself "Money, of course you stupid c***", so behind all the bollox is the wish to collect his bonus IMO.

15. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I guess he enjoys working at Clubs that don't have much tradition or identity to get in the way of the job at hand.

MK Dons have no history or identity because they are a franchise. Charlton has no traditions or identity left because Duchatelet and Meire have rendered them worthless. They mock us now with this '25 years' stuff, paying lip service and pretending it means something to them as well.

A feeder Club in a European network has no independence, no purpose of its own and no reason to cherish its former traditions and values.
    The fact that Duchatelet's network experiment failed is no consolation. The damage is still done, and the gentrification of the Club and its ground - the pimping of the Valley into a vaguely soccer themed leisure centre & corporate hospitality venue - continues unabated.

Duchatelet never wanted what is best for Charlton.
    Meire and Robinson want success on the pitch for their own reasons, but unlike Duchatelet's favourite protégé at least Karl Robinson is not totally incompetent. He has experience and he has ability. Now, because he has been backed to at least some degree, he may have his best ever chance of getting Charlton back into the Championship.

Whatever happens in the next two and a half hours I'll be praying that he succeeds, because that will surely bring the day closer when RD can strike a deal, collect enough money to convince himself he has not been a complete disaster as our owner, and finally **** off.

16. User deleted as requested

Karl Robinson today celebrates becoming Duchatelet's longest serving Charlton manager at 285 days & counting, usurping the reign of the magnificent Guy Luzon.

Effusive as always at today's Press Conference, Gobbo had no difficulty in reading from Tom Rubashow's notes as he claimed Duchatelet has "never" interfered in team affairs - "just one or two texts when we have lost".

Crack Addick likes this.
  17. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Here's the News Shopper article;

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/...g_Charlton_owner___s_longest_serving_manager/

OK, Karl Robinson is just a football man trying to do the right thing.
    He's not a politician, and he's not interested in anything that went on at Charlton before he arrived.
    That's great for him.

Unfortunately, for the rest of us CAFC did not just pop into existence 285 days ago.
    Still, some credit to KR for not being judgmental about Charlton fans who are staying away at present.
    Pity the Duchatelet fan club cannot follow Robinson's example, instead of aping the divisive petulance typical of their beloved President.

18. ForestHillBilly

[QUOTE="Royston, post: 10932591, member: 1025865" Gobbo had no difficulty in reading from Tom Rubashow's notes as he claimed Duchatelet has "never" interfered in team affairs - "just one or two texts when we have lost".[/QUOTE]
    I'm inclined to believe this, considering that we're playing good football for the first time since Roland bought Charlton.

19. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Big mouth Reamer has been made to look a fool (again). Said he knew for a fact Grigg would be joining us in Jan - he's just signed a new contract.

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Beat me to it. Full of ****.

Pisses me off as he gets the gullible peoples hopes up.