1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bird Droppings Gulls v Chairboys Turd of May

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 1, 2014.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Yes I've been feeling like a piece of poo all week mulling in my head what to write this week so instead I've cheated.

And now the end is here and so we face our final curtain, after 21 seasons of being a football league club our fate is far from certain We pray we've got it wrong as we travel the M5 highway and wished Gareth Ainsworth had done it our way. Regrets we've had a few but then again far too many to mention, we didn't do what we had to do and now we need divine redemption, we messed up each charted course, each stumbled step along the byway and wished Gareth Ainsworth had done it our way. Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew when we drank more than we should do But through it all, when there was doubt we drank it down and spat it out and wished Gareth Ainsworth had done it our way. We've loved, we've laughed and cried we've had our fill of pies our share of losing and now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing to think we did all that and may I say, not in a quiet way, oh no Gareth should have done it our way. For what is a man, what has he got? If not himself, then he scores nought To say the things we truly feel and wish our manager was Martin O'Neil The record shows we took the blows and did it Gareth's way.:emoticon-0105-wink:

2. Metashrew

Metashrew Member

Nice one! Very best of luck for weekend.....hope we get to play you next season.....then we'll play it our way! :emoticon-0100-smile

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very good Guy. I think we should make a recording of that

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i hope we both stay up and northampton go down. thats my 1st wish <ok>

5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

And mine! I just can't see Oxford winning at Northampton, they've lost something like 6 in 7 games under Waddock! <yikes>

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

oxford will want to end the season on a high as their form recently have been shocking and their fans will be cheesed off that they missed out on the play offs. a final day win is a must for them and what a team to do it against, your local rival where form goes out the window and its a chance to relegate their rival.

i have to say i been thinking all a long that its a simple home win for northampton. but for the above reasons dont count oxford out yet <ok>

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't see Wycombe beating Torquay. They have been upping it lately and may also wish to end on a high. Well one higher than us to be precise.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i explained why oxford my/should be up for it.

torquay have a chance not to finish bottom and put on a show for their own fans.

rovers game is going to be a sell out, already sold over 10,000 tickets. i wont be surprised if we bottle it big time.

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With a fan base like that Jack you don't deserve to go down. Maybe they'll put on an exhibition for you.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

should be a total sell out. note sure what our capacity it these days but only 200 tickets left now so it looks like they be gone before saturday. its not even all ticket so turn up on the day and there be no entry!!! if we do get a sell out then our average home attendance would be top 5 in the league and would be top 10 in league 1 too. not bad for a league 2 team struggling for survival.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

With Luton out of the way we'll be one of the top 2 unless our crowds drop off even further

12. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I can not see our crowds dropping much further there are still a lot of supporters of our age Ron who have good memories of non-league & a new experience for the younger ones. I know as a football club you have to keep trying to go forwards or you can fall of the edge (Yeovil is one example) but is it better to be successful lower down. You only have to look at Southampton my local premier club they will be very lucky to finish any higher now the only way is down again

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

our local news in bristol covers the whole south west which includes plymouth and torquay. torquay was in the news this week saying they are financially prepared for non league as they trust the fans. they said the last time they dropped to non league there attendance didnt drop but instead increased! thats pretty good going.

if we or yourself go down and are doing very well in the conference then i expect our crowds to be higher than what they are now being at the bottom of league 2.

so i wouldnt worry about the crowd numbers, as long as you do well on the pitch <ok>

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Good luck guys!

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I seem to dream a lot lately, usually several dreams a night. One I had last night was not promising at all. I dreamt we drew 2-2 and we were talking non league. I do remember that, in my dream, I clearly saw all 3 results. Not that it matters but I can't remember what happened in the other 2 matches.

17. mowgli1960

I woke up feeling good before the Rovers game thinking we'd be safe, today i woke up feeling a sense of dread so hopefully i got it wrong again, COYB! And best of luck to Oxford and Mansfield as well. Whatever happens tonight i'll be having lots of beer! <cheers>

18. mowgli1960

Ainsworth is on the bench, we might need a wise old head on the pitch with a few minutes to go. COYB!

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-0 <party>

20. mowgli1960

Great start, puts pressure on the other two! <party>