1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Birmingham disgrace

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by invermeremike, Dec 13, 2020.

1. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Reading the news about the demonstrations in Birmingham today left me with utter disgust and contempt for the people who attended this nonsense rally and had the audacity not only to disrupt trade for the local retailers but then went over the top by congregating outside of their vehicles without masks. Obviously common sense and caring for other people's health has gone out the window and I just hope the local police find and charge the organizers of this event. Regrettably the big issue here on the west coast of Canada where 70% of our provincial statistics are from the same community and unless the authorities get off their politically correct asses the cases will continue to rise possibly overriding the advantage of the vaccines. Shame on you for caring more about an issue half a world away rather than your local population.

I just noticed that their national organization told them not to proceed with the rally which makes it plainly obvious they will continue to do their own thing and to hell with the rest. Shame on you all.:angry:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

It is where the UK is. Previous protests in Birmingham breaking lockdown were described by the police as powerful and attended by premier league players. The events were praised by left wing media.

We have a two tier approached to policing in the UK but also a two tier approach to information. This leads to people deciding that when laws are not applied evenly they do not apply to them.

It will snap eventually.

3. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

must admit, cant find any news reports on this?

4. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I think Inver is referring to an Indian car rally protest for farmers back 'home' in India. Alas many left their cars and caused trouble for the police.

Jiffie likes this.
  6. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

How many more times likely are the BAME and Asian communities to catch and die from the virus?

That'll help.

Angelicnumber16 and Redprintt like this.
  7. invermeremike

I was trying my best not to come across in a racist sounding way but the fact is here in Canada the virus is being spread in the worst way by ethic communities who use their heritage as a way of skipping the regulations designed to protect people. Our statistics show that BAME and Asian communities are more likely to get this virus and I'm not sure whether those figures are predicated on the fact that they are the biggest abusers of the regulations or whether it's something else in their DNA. The vaccine is not a cure all when idiots like the ones who showed up in Birmingham yesterday continue to flout the rules and risk a super spreader event. Stay safe one and all.:emoticon-0100-smile

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. realred1952

apparently a friend has just commented that the attitude in London last week has been driven by tier 3 being certain for London and suburbs from this week so shopping blitz's and she said a number of people said "f ***" the mask sooner get it now! [ last weekend not the one just gone ] WHY? … I asked, reply being under 40 not likely to be that bad or not ill for more than a day or so! was the thinking..... quite a few had hardly no symptoms carried on working and had a test to prove they were positive.... She said for past 2 weeks she has been in self imposed isolation.. as those friends etc around have gone off the rails ….with their don't care a s*** attitude. [ my swear words an interpretation of her phraseology... she doesn't swear! ] whilst still tier 2 she is leaving London tonight and staying with her friend in Kesick UNTIL 2021 ……

9. invermeremike

The lined out portion of your comment just about says it all John. I am fortunate to live on an island that is somewhat protected from the stupidity of others that is until some of the prairie snowbirds who couldn't head south for the winter decided perhaps our island could be their sanctuary. You only had to look at the provincial plates to see them standing out from the crowd and the reception they received was not too warm because Alberta from whence they came is in meltdown. Although their presence on the island was in fact a tremendous boost to our economy the potential strain on our provincial healthcare system was quite scary, however things have calmed down somewhat after the initial concern but the upcoming festive period will bring out the usual don't give a damned crowd and there is talk about shutting down ferry service to the island except for emergencies - we'll see if that works. Our fellow citizens can be our worst enemies at times like these and so shame on them again. An early Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for your contributions to our special site.:emoticon-0128-hi:

10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I believe that London was only placed in tier 2 to keep shorty Khan in his box.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

12. realred1952

a ha cheers ROD thought it on weekend.... blimey inver news must travel by pack moose!

13. invermeremike

Are you dissing Canada? Just to let you know a new valve just arrived for my radio and I heard we are finally getting that interweb thing next next week. Our television will be turning to colour at the same time as our rotary dial phones become obsolete but personally I will be sorry to see the phone crank finally disappear from existence.:emoticon-0109-kiss:

14. realred1952

crikey didn't realise it had gotten that modern a phone! .. according to my grandfather when he left Calgary about late 1880's the way to send a message was via the morse man! and hope was no one had nicked the wire or was still connected to next station...…. does your radio use the old glass 6v battery?