1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bit of a shambles performance.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Norway-jack, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

If we play like that on Sunday we will get murdered! after watching that game im left with more questions than answers, I cant actually believe we got the win tonight such was the poor play from a number of swans , it was a bit disjointed and a bit sloppy even taking into consideration st gallen were pressing us hard all game, that's nothing new to us though and we should be able to cope much better than that .

Basically far too many crap performances tonight.
    Routs, what the fook has happened to him lately ? mr average .
    Amat, iffy but could come good
    JDG, another game where he picked and chose hi moments, left us exposed and failed to close down when we needed all hands to the pump,lazy.
    Tiendalli, this guy is a joke right ? it cant be the same player we had last season can it ? absolutely ****e from beginning to end.
    Poz, carlos kick a ball ! no point in doing tricks with the ball unless you have end product,he was the route of a lot of problems toight,i can see why Laudrup don't start him in the prem league, very raw.

The players were sloppy and need to get it sorted pronto, credit to the opposition but we are better than this and we need to get back to being the team that works harder than the opposition.

Thankful for the win of course and if you can win when playing bad that's great. Tremmel was man of the match and it was so refreshing to see him come out and punch the ball away and take pressure of our defenders , in fact after seeing that id rather start trammel at Southampton then Vorm, who I think is slightly going through the motions and not quite his 100% level .

Onto Sunday but im fearing that game with this defence , we wont cope in the prem league with these back up players unless they can shake off dodgy form <ok>

Overall a win but it felt like a loss ,loved the way the boys dug in to get the win but they need to get it sorted <ok>

2. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

Weirdly on twitter there is lots of praise for our passing game and for coping with that atrocious ref.
    I think we have elevated our expectations a touch too highly?

3. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Not really, I knew this was going to be a hard game, what disappointed was the sloppy play from regulars and newbies, listening to Laudrup and the players they also acknowledged that they played badly tonight, so im in pretty good company to think we had a stinker <ok>

4. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Looking at our defensive frailties today, it beggars belief that anyone could say Laudrup's tactics against Arsenal were wrong not to play Bony ;) Arsenal would have beat us 7-0 if we had played that tactic against them. That is why Laudrup is the boss, and we are still just fans.

But as for tonights game, yes it was a bit of a lazy performance for me. I thought our midfield first half were all poor, even Leon, who in the grand scheme of things went on to be my MOTM, but still first half our midfield were utter ****, they were not doing anything with the ball, like you say Pozuello is still very very raw, needs a good schooling on when to do his trickery, also as a winger, he needs to support Tiendalli (in tonights casE) Tiendalli was left wanting many times tonight, but a lot of it, like against Arsenal was due to **** support, unlike Davies who had Routs, who still put in a shift, albeit not a great one going forward, but still helps, where as against Arsenal, Tiendalli had Dyer, and tonight had Pozuelo, there is only so much he can do alone. But yes he is still a bit urmmmm, non match fit for my liking, needs a few games to get up to the speed of things again.

I know I may get a roasting for htis, but as much as I think the world of Chico, without Ash, for me he is very temperamental, he makes a charging run to cut out the play, but misses badly leaving the others to clean up his mes, Williams as his partner can do it, but unfair to expect Amat, who is still learning to cover his mistakes like that. A great defender, but sometimes takes one too many risks that don't need to be taken.

Also fed up with the midfield stopping and watching us defend, instead of getting stuck in and helping to defend.

But credit where its due, St Gallen were great tonight, haven';t seen a team play like that against us at home for god knows how long, not even the Premier League big boys are brave enough to play against us like that, and that seemed to catch us off guard, and we never fully recovered.

On a final note, the ref was utter ****e.

5. Jack Uzi

Jack Uzi Active Member

Bit harsh on JDG. Thought he had a good game.

6. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Actually, my final note, the St Gallen fans put our fans to shame tonight, more excitement in bubble wrap. It was as if St Gallen were the home team. I can't say a great deal as I cannot afford to go for the time being, times are hard, but common, we are known for our amazing atmosphere, it was pretty much non existent tonight. That helped St Gallen all sorts, when they have fans like that behind them.

7. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

St.Gallan made life very difficult,and the ref didn't help. Too many passes went astray,and since that is our strong point,we struggled. Lucky to win,I think,but we stuck at it.

The highlight of the TV evening for me was to see Lee Trundle in one of the pundits' chairs and clearly enjoying his new role with the Club.

8. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I think we were sloppy first half, but second half we got into the game and controlled things pretty well, yes Tiendalli is a shadow of last season, and Poz is young and raw, but we had the ref against us tonight as well as a team that was physical, dirty, and in our face, so on the whole I think we did rather well, and stood our ground, and got the result that was needed!................<ok>

9. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Thought Leon had a great game my mom. He did all jdg tracking back, teindialli very poor performance. Amat thought was tidy enough, the lad is still learning. Did think Dyer looked very lively when he came on.

What was pleasing is the way we dug in, can expect something similar on Sunday, but a bit less physical.

It wasn't a vintage display and passing went astray, but a wins a win. Onto the next one.

10. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Leon was my MOTM too never, he's a legend.......................<ok>

11. exiledswan

exiledswan Active Member

thats pretty much how i saw it, we werent at our best especially 1st half but we upped the tempo in the 2nd. St Gallen were a lot better than any of us realised and really pushed us hard, thats a credit to them and a credit to us for dealing with it and getting better as the game progressed.

the ref was a tool and thankfully we won and can forget about him forever!

12. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

The s***e referee gave them a lifeline to cling to and they grabbed it with both hands. TV replays showed TWO clear penalties. If we'd put those away I wonder would St Gallen been quite so gung-ho for the rest of the game. It would also have given us breathing space to settle down and play our game. Also, the yellow cards didn't help as they prevented booked players from fully committing to tackles for fear of a red.

In summary, full credit to St Gallen for taking the game to us but a totally incompetent official gave them a huge helping hand to do so.

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

St Gallen came with a game plan and it nearly worked , one on one with Tremmel , the worst penalty you're ever likely to see and a shot off the post along with pressing us high and that could have been a lot worse than just a poor first half performance, they made us look poor .Again Chico does the simple things good but rush of blood to the head and he's off which is all well and good but leaves us exposed at the back.there are times in the game to do such things but he has to realise the potential consequences of his actions.
    Bony tonight had avery good game and his lay off's at time were sublime ,he was unlucky in the first half where his strength when winning the ball appeared to be a foul on the defender which was frustrating to say the least.
    it's easy to criticise the home support but again not a full house and a lot of the regulars by me were missing ,seats taken by families which is great to see but can affect the atmosphere + the fact that St Gallens fans had been in Wind Street for most of the day then I'd say a few pints of the amber stuff can influence the mood some what .
    We won a game which could have so easily gone the other way and for that I'm grateful.

14. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I think more credit should be given to St Gallen - I thought they were a very good side. They are unbeaten in 12, beat Sparta Moscow over 2 legs and beat Grasshoppers away on Sunday. We did well to get a win - especially as they had the ref in their pocket <ok>

15. neathjack

neathjack Active Member

Taking the positives Gallen played well and we were playing poorly but we did battle to get the win on another day we would have collapsed and lost.

Tiendalli really is playing badly but vaguely remember he took some time to get going last season, but he and JDG regularly just seemed to give up and leave us exposed.

JDG to play one or two lovely passes but defensively he just doesn't to be that good.

I think there is beginning to be an issue with players trying to play the Laudrup type perfect passes and flicks when there is a safer option. I appreciate we need to try these passes sometimes to break defences but when we are winning with only minutes left or a shot is on, perhaps we should keep it simple.

We do seem to be missing Pablo and Rangel?

Frustrating but a win is a win.

16. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

^^^^Agree. Far too much clever flicks going on when something simpler would have been more effective.

17. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Some stats that might surprise. We had 60% possession: 15 shots to 12: on target 6 to 2. Despite the fact that St Gallen undoubtedly impressed, we seem to have been more effective with what we did.

I still think that the referee was a huge contributing factor to their game but I worry about Southampton. We expended a great deal of effort tonight and, undoubtedly, it will take its toll. That's the trouble with trolls like him; he's left us a legacy that could affect our league position. Had we been awarded the two penalties we deserved, I think we would have had a far easier game. As it is, I think the lads will really struggle now to get a draw on Sunday. The proper reality of Europa football.

18. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

19. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Is that a wind up ? Leon without doubt . imo of course

20. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

That's amazing....

I think his cop-out attempt of a tackle that assisted Arsenal's build-up to their 2nd goal forfeits him any right forever more to any MOTM accolades in a Swans' shirt, even if it's merited!!

Time after time tonight, heard myself bellowing for him to get stuck in. Anonymous at times defensively. Then again, he's nowhere as bad as Tiendalli!!

Where do you start.....

By the way, Leon more his immense 2nd half display...