1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackburn Rovers land New Zealand wonder kid Tim Payne

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by Black Cat Kiwi, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Black Cat Kiwi

Black Cat Kiwi Well-Known Member

A Black Cat here, first time visitor. The following article might not be of interest as it's not about your first team but hey the lads got tongues wagging on this side of the world. Not easy to get a contract in the UK so I hope he goes NZ, Blackburn & most of all himself proud.

Blackburn Rovers land New Zealand wonder kid Tim Payne
    Thursday 24th November 2011

BLACKBURN Rovers have won the race for New Zealand wonder kid Tim Payne with the 17-year-old striker set to arrive at Ewood Park next week.

The Kiwi under 17 international is regarded as the hottest prospect in his country and has been snapped up by Rovers after impressing in numerous trials over the past few months.

Payne will sign a professional contract with the club when he turns 18 in January, after opting for Rovers in favour of numerous other clubs from across Europe.

He will initially join Gary Bowyer’s development squad but, after seeing the likes of Jason Lowe, Junior Hoilett, Martin Olsson and Grant Hanley break into the club’s senior ranks, will be pushing for first team involvement.

A star pupil of Sacred Heart, New Zealand’s top football school, Payne will be looking to follow in the footsteps of compatriot and Rovers stalwart Ryan Nelsen.

His agent Danny Hay, a former Premier League footballer with Leeds, said: “I’ve seen him since he was 12 years old and watched him develop. I’m so proud of the player he's become.”

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.u...ew_Zealand_wonder_kid_Tim_Payne/#commentsList

How do you guys rate Ryan Nelson this season?