1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Blackburn v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Donatella Anybody, Apr 13, 2023.

1. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Odd take this. The last few minutes of injury time it just kept coming back immediately after us hoofing it. Not sure how you could pick that spell out as an enjoyable one.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  2. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Hope we can keep Macca this summer. What a player!

3. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

4. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I agree but I think his performances have gone up a level in recent weeks. But I think the back 4 keeps improving. Coyle was great again as was Elder too.

GlassHalfHull and canada tiger like this.
  5. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Just got back, great game i thought.

6. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

Thought it was baffling how the BBC described it as "drab". Thought it was a good watch, two committed teams trying to get forward and get the all important goal, but both equally as solid at the back

HGS66 and HebridesTiger like this.
  7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I would class that as an excellent away performance, and as far as 0-0's go, not a bad watch. Limited them to very few chances, and create one or two decent ones ourselves.

The whole back 5 were excellent, Darlow assured, both Coyle and Elder were very good as was Greaves, but the standout was McLoughlin, what a player he is turning out to be.

The whole midfield worked tirelessly, both Seri and Traore had good games, but Slater was the pick of them for me. He really gets into some really good positions as is always looking for space and being available, he has got better and better the more the season has progressed. Certainly improves under Liam.

I guess the big play of the night was Harry Vaughan's performance, particularly after the break. For such a young player, he certainly didn't look out of his depth and was excellent on the ball, he has a really bright future and I can see him being a regular next season.

Seeing Harry Vaughan certainly, there are similarities to Bowen and KLP, if he can emulate them then the future bright.

I suspect Liam has seen enough of Malcolm, he will be disappointed in his application, and it is unlikely we will see him again next season.

We are performing equally as well as teams in and around the playoffs, as it shows City have lost fewer games than Blackburn and scored more goals, and they are in the playoff spot and we are 15th. We are not far away from a good side, just need to turn more draws into wins.

8. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Well, that was a late one for us, but worth it, and a fire cracker, over in Cyprus, Easter weekend here (as big as our Xmas festivities) so bonfires, fireworks all night.

What a performance from each and every man, would have been a travesty if we hadn’t got something out of that effort. A fantastic point, and clean sheet. Although Blackburn were pacey, big, had most of possession, threw everything they had at us, they couldn’t hurt us in the final third and I actually thought we had the best, closest chances to score. Our defence stood up to them, big mismatch in size, but captain marvel Coyle, playing through injury, will know he’s been in a game, brilliant. Sean Macca outstanding, As was Slater. Credit to all, but extra mention to Vaughan, an incredible debut, his parents must be so proud. Not forgetting the away support, fantastic, loud and proud. A short rest, then bring on Boro, UTT.

9. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Perfect away day experience then, sun sea sand and City ! Enjoy ya break

Howden Tigress likes this.
  10. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Impressive debut from genial Harry Vaughan. When he was on the ball, with a bit of space, he was oozing natural ability, at one with the football.

Lots of work from both the coaches and him needed though. He'll have to get stronger. Needs to keep switched on at all times. Work on his positional awareness.

Really promising start though. Looks to have a great attitude and a lot of determination.

File under 'excellent prospect'.

11. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Harry Vaughan is the player interview...

HGS66, tigre, rovertiger and 3 others like this.
  12. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

A) gave the lads a breather and a chance to re-set.
    B) because they were camped in our half... tired bodies, tired minds.... no Seri on the pitch to control things...
    C) when he hoofed it up the pitch, he made sure on a couple of occasions it went out of play, which forced players back to start again...

Red top reader likes this.
  13. Red top reader

Red top reader Well-Known Member

Where is that love button when you need it…
    That is one very chilled and confident young man, also for such an inexperienced lad talks with such a confidence… mad. This lad will go far, remember you heard it here…..

Howden Tigress likes this.
  14. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Needs to be building a partnership with Greaves. I think Greaves definitely started the season the better of the two. But now he’s a big step behind as he’s lost most a season playing in a position that doesn’t really suit him. Potentially flatlined his entire career if he doesn’t start performing at centre half now and keep his spot.

15. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Amber tinted glasses, along with a few others.
    I've seen a lot worse, but for a neutral I'd imagine it was fairly drab. Not the worst game ever but not that exciting. Only 5 shots on target all night and all about a solid defensive display.
    From our biased perspective, yes, it was a very decent point against a play off chasing side, given we have key injuries. Once again a very good defensive performance, but we offered little going forward, and we (like Blackburn) were very sloppy with ball retention going forward. It's odd, and frustrating, because we surely have players in midfield & attack with enough ability to string a few passes together when going forward, but we rarely did.

16. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Good young players about. Brighton have a good set up identifying them. They have unearthed another one with this 19 year old from Paraguay. We might not have wanted him, he is only 5’8”.

The B&S Fanclub likes this.
  17. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Its called lazy journalism, and yes we pay for it.

On another matter. .Harry Vaughan sounds like a City ledge in the making....
    Genuine Q...What took so long?

Real ale tiger likes this.
  18. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Disagree with this, thought we rode our luck and Blackburn looked pretty dangerous, but then we looked a threat on the counter and in the first 15/20 of the second half we had them worried I think.

19. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Did I hear he's only 19. Far too young and weak for the first team, needs loaning out to some lower league club to play in their under 20s for a few years.

Amin Yapusi likes this.
  20. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

5'8"?
    That's massive.
    Harry Vaughan is so short that his height doesn't even show up on Wiki.
    ps didnt realise he'd already played 30+ times in division 4 for Oldham (if that info is correct). Seems odd they would then send him on loan to Radcliffe after those appearances?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Vaughan_(footballer)