1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Blackpool Fined

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by TigerKwik, Jan 28, 2011.

1. TigerKwik

TigerKwik Member

2. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Its wrong he or any other manager should be entitled to play any squad memeber they see fit the only knock on effect is on the fans who pay to see them,hence the FA cup games dont attract full gates.

3. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

if this had been Man U(re) or one of the other big boys at the top of the EPL it would have been a suspended fine or no case to answer too, and SAF would have been moaning that his team was being picked on.

4. TigerKwik

TigerKwik Member

Thats the main point to this, once the title run is won or over the 'big boys' have on numerous occasions played reserve sides and not one thing has been done by the authorities.

It just makes a mockery of the whole new 25 man squad policy if a manager isn't allowed to choose from that and is dictated to by the suits who know nothing about player form, fitness or team strategy! A farce and a plague on both the FA's and the premierleague's houses.

5. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

It could be said Man Utd played a 'weakend' team at the KC the day we stayed up. Yes their 'weakened' team may have been stronger than ours and yes they might have won BUT the PL have said BP would have been fined regardless of the result vs Villa. They have also said they took into account the BP starting line up in games previous to the Villa one, so how did the Man Utd team that played us compare to the team they had been putting out previously? If the EPL introduce a 25 mand sqiad rule then they cant then turn around and dictate who out of that 25 man squad is a 'First Team player' and who is 'First Team reserve' etc its got **** all to do with them.

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Man U did exactly this againt in late 2009, when it was us or Newcastle to go down. Turned out the toon did us a favour and lost the fight themselves, but imagine if we'd both won. Man U weren't penalised at all for that, and they really did play a reserve side!

7. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Man Utd team vs City (last day of 08/09 season): Kuzsak, Rafael (Eckersley), Brown, Neville, De Laet (Possebon), Nani, Fletcher, Gibson, Wellbeck (Tosic), Lee Martin, Macheda (incidently Corry Evans was on the bench!)

Man Utd team most of that season: Van Der Saar, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo, Nani, Rooney, Tevez

8. TigerKwik

TigerKwik Member

So 10 changes then (and Brown should never be a first team player!). Would love to see what Fergie would've made of the fine.

9. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Christ, let us pray Holloway sticks to his principles and quits. I'll take the inevitable 3-4 days of overreaction on SSN if I don't have to see him again to this season.

10. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

Why would you want Holloway to quit? He's one of the best footballing personalties on the planet. ****ing love the guy!!

11. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

Because I think he's a complete tool.

He may have been at first, but now it seems like he'll just so something ridiculous or go on a big rant just to get on Sky.

12. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

He might talk some utter bollocks but at least he resisted going on Goals on Sunday with a pink jumper round his shoulders!!

13. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

He wears a ****ing body warmer.

14. TigerKwik

TigerKwik Member

He does have the TanMans love for chasing a camera but Holloway seems to have an understanding of the fans more than any other current manager.

He's backed himself into a corner now though, go on the principals or stay for the money and the glory. I wonder what Mike Newell would advise?

15. HC

HC Active Member

He should never have said he would quit because I bet he doesn't. I still like him for speaking his mind but more and more he comes across as being far to interested in the attention he can get as a Premier League manager.

16. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

Agreed. At least if he stays we may lose the "Cult of Ian Holloway" from football, the man's a complete tool.

17. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

I like Hollaway, he sez what he's thinking which makes great TV. In an ideal world he should play the exact same team he played against Villa, get a win and pay the FA.....FA. I bet if he refused and took the FA to on in a legal battle he'd win since the FA are clearly NOT in any position to make a judgement on the ability of a team a manager puts out!

Our FA are no better than FIFA, I'm glad FIFA stiffed the FA with the world cup bid, they made them look like the bunch of c##ts that they clearly are!

18. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

The FA are completely in the wrong here, but on Holloway I wouldn't say he says what he's thing and that makes great TV, I'd say he says what he thinks will make great TV.

19. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

Holloway is been made to look a tit here, he knew his resignation wouldn't be accepted it was a token gesture.

20. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How many games did each of those reserves that played against us play that season?

Fletcher who they were upset about missing the CL Final and Neville for another strike me as players that would have been regulars for them (injuries permitting).