1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BLM on shirts.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Or look at their own behaviours, Is BLM on shirts a supportive sentiment or support for a movement with anti capitalist, anti police, anti err nuclear family(?) political objectives!

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Double standards - absolutely.
    Having said that, the individual concerned sounds like an absolute arsewipe and isn’t a good advert at all for the majority of normal non-racist white people.

3. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

If a banner had been flown after the Paris attacks saying ' I stand with Burnley' or 'Burnley strong' after the Manchester attacks. What do you think the reaction would have been? But people think this banner is ok???

4. Cliftonville

It would have probably been barely mentioned in comparison. An opinion.

Ok - people have a right to protest using banners, but that is not the same as saying its in good taste. In my opinion again its in questionable taste but that doesn't make it illegal.

5. Loathsneyd

Nobody has said it's illegal in fact the police have confirmed that it is not.

6. Cliftonville

Left wing groups are doxxing the individual responsible which could put his safety in jeopardy and are trying to get his employer to sack him.

7. Loathsneyd

Well stupidity comes with a price

8. Cliftonville

Knocking down statues.
    Painting memorials.
    Banning art and comedy.
    Punishing dissenting voices.

The price here?

9. Loathsneyd

Well in a light of all that you must be really stupid to hire a plane to display a banner like that. Don't you agree?

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Britain fought wars to defend freedoms. we should stand to these left wing bullies as well. even for blockheads!!

myfredisred likes this.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Absolutely not. It's an understandable reaction from people who feel they are ignored and feel like second class citizens in their own town I suspect.

Burnley has long been a town with ethnic unrest and tensions and certainly previously had a vocal National Front/English Defence League movement. Not sure if it's still the same now, but I suspect it is. Nothing they've done in respect of the banner is illegal unless the pilot wasn't licenced or something. But if the authorities want to ban it all (WLM and BLM) worldwide then that's fine by me and perhaps we can all just move on.

12. Loathsneyd

Wow!!! All I've got to say is just wow!!

I think I will leave this debate here

raver and BCFCRob like this.
  13. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Wow!!! All I've got to say is just wow!!

I think I will leave this debate here.

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I cant agree loa … BLM brigade want their voice heard they want the same recognition of freedom of speech freedom to protest freedom to make statements without recourse ….. and a very large part of their movement believe it is acceptable to trash peoples livelihoods, loot and rewrite history to suit their own ancestral line but stop at 1600's … when their ancestral line goes back to AFRICA. We do not deny what some of the non Black worlds populations have done throughout history, and we CERTAINLY DO NOT DENY that slavery went on, and in hindsight now and after the event through past 300 years of history accepted it was wrong.

But read the history of slavery [ it not something you can do from a 40 page paper back in 20 mins whilst you take a tea break, it would take you hours days weeks months.... ] and it is nowhere near the "slavery" the Nazis or Japanese subjected to people to during the last WORLD WAR …… DOWNRIGHT INHUMAN …… in a so called "modern age of that time" . A great many slaves were not just loaded onto ships and dropped of in the Caribbean, a lot [ albeit in "slavery but not chains" ] were fed and educated had beds to sleep in taught to read and write and mixed unions were common. Aprogramme on DNA stated that African DNA CAN BE FOUND in a hefty % of so called "white" people!!!!! maybe instead of stirring it BBC or who ever should show it again! ……………. I am a strong believer in All Lives Matter, [ includes all living things ] however we should not get distracted by just 1 group the world is full of people that need recognition and help.. and a great many of them do it to the best of their ability … and this covers ALL RACES and Nationalities ….

15. Loathsneyd

Sky Sports News presenter Mike Wedderburn has posted a powerful video taking apart the misconceptions behind the "white lives matter" banner that was flown over a football match on Monday.
    The video, posted in the aftermath of the incident during Manchester City v Burnley, went viral and here he further explains why Black Lives Matter is a cry for help and not an attack on white people:
    There seems to be a misconception that Black Lives Matter means that white lives don't.
    That is the only reason I can imagine that someone would think it is a good idea to fly a banner over a football stadium only minutes after all the players and staff took a knee in support of a movement asking only for equality.
    It's not the "Black Lives Matter More" movement. It is simply that they matter.
    George Floyd wasn't a one off and don't kid yourself that it only happens thousands of miles away. It happens here.
    In 1981, Yvonne Ruddock, a black 16-year-old, was celebrating her birthday until an arson attack put paid to the celebrations. She was one of 13 killed. The police treated the victims as suspects.
    In 1985, the police shot and paralysed Cherry Groce in her own home in front of her children as they searched for her son who no longer lived with her. A week later a police raid resulted in Cynthia Jarrett's death, another innocent black woman.
    In 2011, reggae star Smiley Culture died in a police raid. In 2016, the former Premier League footballer Dalian Atkinson was tasered to death by the police. Dead black men. None of the officers involved were held accountable.
    This is not a definitive list, it is just a snapshot. This is reality for black people. Young black males are taught how to make sure they don't antagonise the police when they are stopped.
    So, to the people who flew the banner over the Etihad: understand that black people want a level playing field, an equal chance. That is all. Not more than you, just the same opportunities as you.
    You may have heard the phrase "white privilege" and been antagonised by it. Don't be.
    It doesn't mean that you live in the lap of luxury and spend your life deciding which magnum of champagne you will have with your dinner. It means that life is tilted in your direction to such an extent that you probably don't even notice.
    When you walk around the shops is it assumed you are a criminal? Do the police stop you regularly because you look suspicious? If you are black the answer is yes. Is it for you?
    In your business what colour are the people who have the power? What colour are the people who make the decisions? What colour is the manager of your favourite football team? What colour is the owner of your favourite football team?
    The chances are that the answers are probably white and if you are white it has probably never crossed your mind to give it much thought. Have a think about it now. That is white privilege.
    Black Lives Matter is not an attack on white people. It is a cry for help.
    It is a declaration that we won't take the current situation anymore. But nothing changes without the help of white people.
    That's why Burnley captain Ben Mee was so disappointed by the so-called "fans" of his club and their banner. In his words they are "just not getting it".
    If change is going to come then we need everyone to get it.

16. Angelicnumber16

That's fair enough but there are ways of doing things and upsetting the majority of peace loving, law abiding citizens worldwide by wrecking stuff, spreading Covid and acting like with mob mentality is not the way to do it, and if they genuinely want help then they need to change their tact.

George Floyd should not have been killed in the appalling way he was. The world agrees on that front and also hopes the person who did it gets what's coming to him.

17. Cliftonville

A lot of questions. And confusion. The writer did not reveal BLM's objectives and aims.

Anyway ..

When you walk around the shops is it assumed you are a criminal? Yes it has happened. I was from a council estate.

Do the police stop you regularly because you look suspicious? It used to happen very regularly. Its was intelligence led policing. I fitted the profile the police were targeting - White council estate. Some people call this profile chavs. Intelligence based policing is necessary. I am not scarred by it.

In your business what colour are the people who have the power? White. The populace is 85% white. If you are good at your job my business sector sees you progress - They do not see colour.

Power? We have a black Mayor.

What colour is the owner of your favourite football team? Strange question. White but the colour is irrelevant, wealth is relevant.

What colour is the manager of your favourite football team? White. Simon Jordan recently revealed in ten years he had never had a black applicant for CPFC's job.This could be a question of football being a merit (success) based industry and few black managers not having that merit. How many black people take the EUFA A&B badges to get on the ladder ..

I went to the same **** schools as black kids .. I was discriminated against due to my post code and the area being rife with crime.

Had a think about it now. That is not white privilege.

What I recognose is that having lived abroad the UK is far more tolerant than the African black Country were I lived was. It is not perfect, we will not all have the same quality of opportunity - You cannot in a capitalist society. We by working hard and not carrying round victimhood mindsets can progress and better ourselves. I did as I surpassed the expectations society had for me and the social class I came from. The UK being the fine place it is allowed me to. It is not over ran with racists, this Country is not what BLM portray it as.

Its a privilege and blessing to be born here.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  18. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

And I'm not totally convinced the cop was acting with racist reason, being, out of the 4 cops only 2 were white........all were to blame for not intervening.....all in all, really bad policing..

19. Angelicnumber16

I'm sure he wasn't. Just someone who thought he was above the law, and yes, appalling policing.

BUT criminal activity was supposedly taking place at the time and the person in question apparently had a long and violent criminal history. None of that makes it right what subsequently happened to him of course, but...………. it's also part of the cause of his death.

I also see the story as to what happened when 2 people were shot dead in Moss Side Manchester over last weekend. This was at a lockdown party attended by hundreds of people and had a DJ.

A 'Lockdown Party' and a violent killing and hello, Manchester is in the headlines yet again.

Seriously I give up !! And these people clearly have no regard for themselves or for each other, so I say let them get on with it !

I could ask where were the Police again but what's the point ?

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  20. Angelicnumber16

a privilege and blessing to be born here

I said much the same on here a couple of weeks ago. The people moaning and causing mayhem call themselves British but don't have the national identity and pride that they ought to have, or seemingly any respect for their society. But what they do have is a ready made excuse to be anti social and think they'll get away with it.

A lot of them also all think they're entitled to a free ride and get out of jail free card if they break the law, and frankly they're not. I suspect a few of us on here have grown up via the school of hard knocks in a post war country when I was a kid that was austere beyond most young peoples comprehension.

I was also brought up on a Council Estate by a single Mother btw and we had virtually nothing.