1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

BLM on shirts.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Are you saying that as you grew up on Council Estate that you have received the same treatment? Well unless you have your post code tattooed to your forehead then in my opinion you are wrong. However you do make a compelling argument that it is worse in other countries so everything is hunky dory

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I was brought up on a council estate, failed the 11plus and worst of all had ginger hair. Not easy.
    Police were respected and the Lord help you if you cycled on a pavement. You wouldn't dare answer back to a policeman or teacher. Now you see folk literally screaming into Police faces. Discipline? They've never heard of it.
    Ffs you get on with the cards your dealt and if you graft you succeed.

End of.

3. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

I answered the questions posed.

To use a phrase my lived in experiences will differ to others. I highlighted the treatment I had. I could be stopped several times a week by the police heading to and from the estate. My address and social class limited opportunity. I know this to be true. That is a question of class not race - Black and Asian kids could have more privilege than me.

Living in another Country is relevant. It helps shape my view of the benefits and advantages of living here. Its a great Country, not a bad one. I believe the values and structures of Western culture are inherently good. One of those structures is the family.

Why do BLM want to disrupt Western nuclear family structure?

Two of BLM's founders are Marxists. BLM talk about revolution. They are anti capitalist. BLM is not solely about anti racism.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    Redprintt likes this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

after reading this article I was somewhat awed by the one sidedness of it AND THE LACK OF real content .can get away with it because probably 30% of the population watch sky then the media get hold of it and the negative ness of it becomes the norm.
    no reference really to what the BLM was or has become if you have spaghetti bolognaise for your dinner everyday you soon get fed up with it and it becomes meaningless [ first few times was a treat to the taste buds and had that bit of excitement with the varying bits of taste ] after a while it becomes tasteless you just care for it anymore … to me that's what this whole BLM / protests near riots / damage is becoming, having it rammed down our throats every day.
    with the easing of the lock down can now meet up with peeps you only have had contact with via media zoom etc … hey being able to talk freely you get a different picture, last night on a hill top over looking the Severn Estuary our little group were able to talk freely …. and hey … condemnation of the GF affair … support in the first 2 weeks of the protests before Colston CRIMINAL ACT .. then afterwards condemnation of the mayor of Bristol the police [ lack of action on COLSTON day but not most other things ] and condemnation of the premier league and their shirt thing …..
    Support for BLM went from 8 out of 10 pre COLSTON DAY to 1 /10 at present.

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL …. I believe All Lives Matter … not a just a chosen few [ last creature I saved ….a caterpillar from being walked on ]

5. Cliftonville

Will this person pay a price? Should she?

please log in to view this image

6. Loathsneyd

Yes she should and hopefully will

7. Cliftonville

The University does not agree.

8. Loathsneyd

I can't help that

9. johngalleyfan2

the world is full of people who do just that from poor backgrounds theyeven become presidents of every form personalities of every form ….

don't think the original concept was about racism in the way it is being used now

the days of the council estate "enigma" / "stigma" was in one way where a lot of crime originated from much to the pain and suffering of the innocent. In /since those long gone days the picture changed and council estates became "dumping grounds" for ne 'er do wells of any race nationality colour or creed .. white/black/yellow or other and criminal patterns changed ...drugs ... trafficking in everything …. more violent gangs … [ in the 70's there were gangs in Hartcliffe- Knowle - Southmead ] I had friends in Southmead and we used to meet in a pub on Southmead road!!!! a number of times I was approached AS AN OUTSIDER but saved by one friend who was close friend of the gang … was accepted!!! .. as I only came from Keynsham!

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL …. I believe All Lives Matter … not a just a chosen few [ last creature I saved ….a caterpillar from being walked on ]

10. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Thought about not posting this but one tragic weekend of black on black violence in one city.

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

#BlackLivesMatterUK
    @ukblm
    · 7h
    As Israel moves forward with the annexation of the West Bank, and mainstream British politics is gagged of the right to critique Zionism, and Israel’s settler colonial pursuits, we loudly and clearly stand beside our Palestinian comrades.

Must be obvious now to the Premier League that this is not about racism but politics.

12. Cliftonville

Keir Starmer starting to place some distance between himself and BLM and their call to defund the police. Before taking the knee he should have read the clear statements on BLM's website.

13. johngalleyfan2

The BLM is nothing like it was intended to be when it kicked off … read up on it someone sent commiserations to someone who "had suffered a loss" only to find out later the family had gotten other members of the family to lie about and impersonate other member of the family to pervert the cause of justice … it was non political and just wanted to give support to one section of "wrong doings by others " ...they had and still haven't any thoughts about of where their ancestors came from, and where factions are still "practicing" similar acts of brutality. . . their attitude is "Its all about ME!"

14. Cliftonville

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2020/ju...hDHeWR1zjMqQXPPikVdtGClJhRECYbv3CO6oSbpdWcsMo

However, we would like to make clear that we do not endorse any pressure group or body that carries the same term in its name, and we strongly believe that organisations should not use this important force for change and positivity to push their own political agendas.

Crystal Palace displayed Black Lives Matter banners in the ground. The players displayed Black Lives Matter on shirts.

How does that not endorse a political organisation/movement that has been called Black Lives Matter that has existed for a significant number of years? Ignorant virtue signalling.

15. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

This is really interesting now because, I believe, the broader BLM issue is tending to alienate an increasing proportion of the populace who may otherwise have supported them.

On the back of the BLM banner, others are jumping on the bandwagon making things worse. For instance, readily available on Amazon and Etsy is a range of clothing/merchandise with the tag line of "Blue Lives Murder", using the thin blue line logo (a police charity for the uninitiated) as a back drop.

As you may imagine, this has created significant offence to many in the broader Police and emergency services family. The Police federation has been in discussion with Amazon who have point-blank refused to withdraw these items as they say they do not breach the companies policies!

I would love to know what the response of Amazon would be if a similar range was offered for sale with the word "black" substituted for "blue"?

Redprintt likes this.
  16. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

There would be outrage, protests, looting and thuggery. And if it happened in Bristol, the Police would stand by and watch it happen again.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  18. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I think Gary Neville is taking issue with this badge. We'll done mate.
    And now we have Sky Sports full of black pundits.
    It's pathetic, just pandering to an extreme left wing bunch of morons.

19. Cliftonville

We know what the response would be, but do you not feel there is an issue here of freedom of speech and expression being defended?

I have in my possession artwork (books) by Gee Voucher. Gee was an anarchist artist who frequently mocked public figures like politicians and religion in her work. Without doubt her work is offensive to some. In regards to her religious work she depicted the Pope unflatteringly. Our society allows her too. If work had depicted a prophet called Mohammed? There's the double standard.

Western Society is not built upon totalitarian values. Its isn't built on banning stuff you do not like or extremist mobs chucking stuff they don't like in Docks. There is a dangerous road to be pursued here if we ban offense. Freedom is under attack.

20. johngalleyfan2

BACKFIRE …. ….. SOMEtimes you can start to do something that means something to the great many of the population, that / who may have had no connection other than to think "oh my goodness that is/was terrible! [ read in paper or saw on TV ] It may linger for a while and then go away... a protest is held or the media picks it does a documentary it gets attention and those peoples attention is drawn to it again and they can see it is wrong / bad and add a voice.
    BLM had that attention, but events since has destroyed or will do the fabric it encompassed. NO longer is the issue GEORGE or similar cross race attacks, it [ BLM] has sunk to a level of destroying unrelated aspects of life. It has alienated the many at the expense of the few by trying to destroy history, cultures and very fabric of modern day living. Now the history books will look not at George and the disgusting way he was treated but the vandalism and destruction that followed with many innocents of all races colours and creeds being deprived of their livihood [ looting arson vandalism]. celebrations [ memory jolts ] in future years will be the memories in museums, memorabilia, defaced, damaged statues which will encopass the aftermath of the red faces of knee jerk backers …. jumping on the band wagon.. to, as was published elsewhere, encourage people to only buy from or shop in ….which conformed to their idealism.
    The biggest problem that football states [ and built up a massive following for] is Racism... kick it out ...absolutely K R O …… THE FOOTBALL hierarchy "know it alls " decided to abandon that and alienate 000's of fans with their stance on what players should wear on shirts... political support for a new "party" intent on causing misery and hate. yes hate ... against the history of the world and what does or does not conform to its agenda. Humans evolve, sometimes slowly, I know a great number of people that appreciate the efforts of Luther king, the Bristol bus driver etc etc that made efforts in a civilised way for the betterment and education of the masses.... Millions of Back people all over the world have integrated, have put their mind to it and climbed the social ladder to great heights they worked for, there is millions [ of lesser populations ] all over the world of every race culture or creed that see the benefit of work and joining in with society …

ALL creatures great and small … All Lives Matter …