1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bodde off injured for reserves

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Skeletors Wrath, Feb 1, 2012.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

That issue over choice of surgeon Norway, I seem to remember, can't believe Bodde turned down such a high profile surgeon as Dr Richard Steadman, let's hope he sees some sense this time round, good link there too, that musty has quoted!..............
    please log in to view this image

2. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Im sure the club would have wanted the very best for Bodde, the intresting thing is the rehab they do after surgery, this is the key aspect of recovery and nobody really knew what ferrie was getting up to when he was away from the clubs medical department, i keep talking about roy keane and what i read in his book, the key advice given to him was "do not cut corners" every day on the bike and in the pool for almost a year, when he was ready to play Roy keane had lost well over a stone in weight and was super fit, contrast that with ferrie bodde who came back about one stone OVER weight!! if he had been doing the required bike and pool work there is no reason why he should have looked so over weight, that tells us alot about his rehab IMO.

3. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Being over weight Norway as a Pro, is inexcusible in my view, but getting the same injury in the other knee, tells me he's unfit!! Was reading Rodgers comments...........

"The club have been brilliant for Ferrie, we've given him all the time and all the support; we've brought in every possible resource that we can to try and help him," Rodgers added. "It's so disappointing that when it looked like he was back on the mend, that he's now injured - potentially - his other knee [as badly]. "It's something we'll be able to comment on more in a few days, but obviously I'm devastated for him. While Rodgers is hoping for the best news for Bodde once medical scans can take place, the Swansea boss admits the possibility that the injury could be serious.

"If you have injuries that are career-threatening then you need to weigh up a number of things: you weigh up your health because that's the most important item in it all," Rodgers said. "Football's a very short career and you want to ensure that your life with your family, you can still run about with your kids and he's got a wonderful family, Ferrie. "It's early for that yet but it doesn't hide the disappointment of everyone, and importantly for him." We'll just have to wait and see, again!...............
    please log in to view this image

4. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

i may have to pull my sig down <wah>

5. Norway-jack

Norway-jack Well-Known Member

Agree 100% Dragon. What has been lost by some people in these Bodde threads is the fact that we all love the player to bits, and everything that has been discused and speculated about him has been done out of sheer frustration that we may have lost one of the greatest swans players in the history of the club,thats hoe highly i regard him!

My views have been sometimes harsh and objective, but never negative IMO and the debate created has often polarised opinon and given maybe the wrong impression of how i feel about the player, this is a pit fall of giving honest views on this board, im sure though that every swans fan feels absolutly gutted for the player not just now but in the last 3 years, i always take these things as a given and presume all other posters do the same when constructively critising a player or member of staff. every player that puts on the shirt or is affiliated with the swans always gets my 100% loyalty but being objective and creating debate is what i like to do here,

Ferrie Bodde has been one of the main talking points for a long time and the truth is that there has always been alot to talk about !! i see the next few months being equally intresting but im of the opinon and always have been that he will/would never have returned to the required level anyway.Alot of posters take umbridge with this view and see it as some kind of lack of loyalty of negative thinking, but as i trawl the messge board tonight i see alot of articles looking at the negative aspects not positive ones!!

Bodde will continue to be a major talking point here but i guess its just a matter of time before the issue finally gets put to bed once and for all, we all love him all want him back and all wish him well. That i know every poster on here will acknowledge,just a damm shame its happened to him again <ok>