1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolder has done one

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Steven Toast, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Sacked as manager of Ferriby with the club bottom of the league. Harsh to be honest, they're going to keep plummeting as they have no money. Paul Foot has taken temporary charge.

Former City Youth player (and sports car dealer) Joe Lamplough has taken temporary charge.

A statement from Ferriby follows:

CLUB STATEMENT: Chris Bolder and Paul Robson.

Chris Bolder and Paul Robson have been dismissed from their posts as Manager and Assistant Manager

Following a poor start to the season which has seen The Villagers gain just six points from 15 games, Manager Chris Bolder and his Assistant Paul Robson have been dismissed by the Club.

The team sits at the bottom of The Evostik Premier Division and is in danger of falling adrift of the clubs above them, especially as The Villagers have played more games than all but one other team in the division.

Bolder and Robson have been in charge for just under a year. The team was facing relegation from National League North when they were appointed last season. They managed to see an improvement in results but the side was too far adrift to avoid relegation from The National League North.

There were hopes that the end-of-season form would see the team make a reasonable start to the current season but that has not been the case as far as results are concerned.

Bolder and Robson have drawn praise from opposing clubs for the style of football that the team plays but a relatively young and inexperienced team has found it difficult to produce wins, even in games where they have been on top.

Owner Carl Chadwick comments,

“Sadly, results this season have meant that I’ve had to make the decision to dismiss Chris Bolder and Paul Robson with immediate effect. It’s never easy to sack somebody but I felt that it was too much of a risk to continue as we were and probably fall further behind teams just above us in the league. To their credit, both Chris and Paul understand and accept this.

“Although I was not at the Club last season, I would like to thank both of them for all that they did as they had a thankless task when they arrived.

“Unfortunately, the progress the team seemed to be making has not continued this season so I’ve made the decision to dismiss them.

“I must thank them for the energy and effort they have put in this season and I wish them well in any future management jobs they get.

“Joe Lamplough will be in temporary charge of the team, starting with the game at Buxton on Saturday.”
    There will be no further statement from the Club on this matter in the immediate future.

2. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Thought they might have been put on allotment leave