1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bolton preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Well played McG. Phew! 2-0

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  2. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Unconvincing but important 3pts. Well done, but in my mind many MM doubts remain.

We do have talent and fresh faces, but frankly I looked forward to a change of manager in 9 months.

I mean, to start so defensively.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't see much of the game, caught most of the second half though
    Celina looked good going forward, positive, direct running and at pace too. Got cynically chopped down a couple of times whilst in full flight.

Happy with a 2-0 win.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

15 points out of a possible 21 at the start of the season is pretty damn good considering that we must be the most boring defensive team in the division!

5. whitestallionblue73

whitestallionblue73 Active Member

Solid result.Win our game in hand and we are top of the table!!!!!!!!!!!!:emoticon-0145-shake

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Damn! I suppose Bolton are waiting to play us for their first win! <grr>

Good result lads, back on track now! <cheers>

7. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Poor first half from both sides.Don't understand why we showed them so much respect by starting with five across the back.Better second half with Celina coming on and Didz pushing higher up the pitch.Looks like we will have to rely on our Premiership loanee for any excitement once again.

8. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the game I thought we played okay first half was competitive but second half we had too much for them.

I think Celina looks good coming of the bench with quick fresh legs against tiring legs makes him look even quicker....Adeyemi was quite impressive and plays how I'd like Skuse to play.....Connolly looked a weak link at the back but kept going ..... Kenlock looks to get forward often.......Garner getting stuck in while the ball sticks to Goldys feet when he is on form.

All in all I enjoyed the game.

9. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

You can't argue with the points tally, if we win our game in hand we'd be top of the league and this is against backdrop of a huge number of injuries.

Micks done pretty well in my mind in the transfer windows however that's the positives over with we've played against some very poor teams and in nearly every match despite winning we've been outplayed and uninspiring. I saw a clip today of 2000 play off semi final against Bolton, that's what football is all about not this same old boring garbage that we get every week no wonder the attendances are as low as they are.

The talented players don't get a chance and have to work doubly as hard to get in the team and the youngsters are always the first ones dropped!!

Southcoastoldgaffer and Spanish like this.
  10. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Playing poor teams or not it's a very unpredictable league this and I'll gladly take three points any day on offer. Millwall tripped up Leeds yesterday who were flying, I'm sure Leeds would swap their result with our 4-3 win in a heartbeat.

Agree, points total very pleasing so far.

Agree with the kids, at times don't seem to get a fair crack of the whip but good to see Downes / Nydam at least figure today and still be in the 18, though not for very long at all.

I think the treatment of Celina seems just - I'd rather not go down the Jonny Williams/ Fraser route again. Clear we need him for the full season, so if he's a little behind I'd rather wrap him up in cotton wool. However, surely ready for a start now. Apparently had good impact - whether Mick will deem him ready to play away at Leeds you'd have to think will be doubtful. Apparently gave the ball away a couple of times in stupid areas and offered very little protection. Fraser was excellent at both of them in that respect so he does need to sort that side out - and he will.

As for thoughts so far....
    * Happy with points total.
    * VERY unconvinced with us though. Seems yesterday another game that could have gone either way, watching the highights Bolton seemed to boss the first half chance wise but goals change games.
    * Still think top 6 a big ask and agree we have some harder games on paper coming up.

Not very confident for next Saturday I'll put it that way.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

This will come across as being Churlish but the performance (if you can call it that) was lacklustre at best against a team who are supposed to be the "whipping boys" in this league! Team spirit, hard work and endeavour will only get you so far and our position in the league after 7 games proves this but there comes a time when you need extra quality and positive football tactics. I have enjoyed our flirtation with the top 6 but the shoestring budget and Mick's out of date negative tactics will find us out pretty soon. Why anyone would want to pay £30 plus to turn up and watch this dross week in and week out must be in need of serious therapy!!

itfcptc likes this.
  12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Well, they say winning when playing bad is the sign of a good team so lets hope that's what it is..... can't comment hugely as abroad.

Not many do Warky! Lowest crowd for almost 20 years.

Seems likely that'll happen Warky but it never did 14/15 we just kept going.

I think we have to take into account the injuries, state of the squad aswell. Will take a little time, however if better performances can happen it'll give us a lift. The only thing I know for sure with this season, is we have goals in the strikers and goals win games. Long way to go - do I think we'll end up top 6. No frankly I don't, but it's a funny old game and I'll carry on believing until I die.

Sad thing is, with Evans " investment " Mick is a good choice as he's very good with a limited budget. Imagine if Harry came in, we'd be in a mess.

13. johnnywarksmoustache

If Harry came in we would be Brankrupt within a week but I would enjoy his car park interviews outside of Portman Road on Transfer deadline day!! <laugh> <laugh>

San Diego likes this.
  14. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Im not the biggest Skuse fan but I have to say he was our best player on Saturday, and he needed to be as we were under the cosh for long periods and relying on breakaways especially in the second half.
    Its certainly not pretty but 3 points are always welcome especially with a makeshift team but next Saturday v Leeds will be tough and probably very ugly.

15. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I watched the highlights and Skuse made 2 forward passed with intent and then scored, I nearly fell off my chair!!