1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bored to snores, rechecking Michy

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 17, 2020.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

This is also a similar time when we went to **** with sarri too.

Teams worked out to sit deep and hit us on the counter. We found it hard to unlock teams he just played flat out defence and we looked vulnerable on the counter.

Keep kante back (although no stevey g impressions) and rlc to give us a great presence up front and we should fair better. Also why the hell has christensen been starting over zouma?

Bullet tooth Tony and Bodinki like this.
  2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I don't see signing 3 top players should affect the development of any of the youngsters. If we lose Giroud for Cavarni, Barkley for Isco and Rudi, Zouma or Christensen for Koulibaly for instance? The youngsters would still play about the same amount of games, apart from Tammy, who's played too much anyway and looks stuffed. The others would rotate as is but alongside better quality. My point is, we need an upgrade in our experienced players to better develop our youth, especially in 3 positions. The likes of Pedro, Giroud, Alonso, Barkley, Drinkwater, Emerson, Moses plus a few others need replacing, plus left back at seasons end. Most of them might be replaced by emerging youth, but not all.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

I think the same way, RLC in top form will be a big help, I prefer Zouma, though to be fair Christensen has looked better recently, but seems fragile to me, and Kante looks lost, confused and wasted in his current role. We need , and I include myself in the "we", to remember Frank might take most of the season to discover his best 11 players, and also has to balance game time for a lot of young players. Never going to be a quick fix, as it's turning out. Top reinforcements now would help him.

4. The Ginger Marks

RCL has been out a year effectively and is months away from match fitness or top form. We now have what everybody cried for, a young team with endless promise. A few bad results and some are bemoaning what they wished for. This season premier league is the best for ages, there’s no soft touches anymore. Just be patient and let things evolve. If you had offered me fourth, five points clear at this stage I’d have bitten your arms off.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Exactly. We knew the young lads like Tammy and Mason would tire at some stage.

Maybe Tammy does need some support, he has played a lot of footie this season.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

If we bought Isco, he would play in RLC/Mount's position and be first choice. Isco would block both their development, as he would want to start every game unlike Barkley.

Koulibaly would block Tomori's development.

And I doubt Cavani would be happy playing second fiddle to Tam

And who says any of these players want to come to Chelsea anyway? Red-top rubbish

7. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Patience required here.......Players and management learning their trades.I'm very happy at the moment the potential is massive.
    4th is an unexpected,realistic possibility helped by the fact that united,spuds and goons are ****e<laugh>

Naas Blue and The Ginger Marks like this.
  8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This.

We need to be patient rather than demand the instant success we have got used to

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Don't see anyone demanding instant success, just stating what has become extremely obvious, we need strengthening in 3 key positions despite the development of our young players. Most posters have said for years that the best way forward is a blend of youth and experience. We now have the youth in spades, it's a few of the experienced players that are showing the need for upgrading.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  10. The Ginger Marks

Mate look back at your posts, you and Stan were crying for this ffs. It’s a natural progression, needs time and patience. We’ve punched above our weight all season.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

Mate, what is "this "I am supposed to have cried out for FFS? Youngsters in the team? Sure did when we kept buying 2nd rate players who kept the RLCs' and CHOs' out of the squad. Thank god I did and Stan too , cause most others didn't. Team full of youngsters? Never said that was any answer, nor any "natural progression" , only that a blend of youth and experience was the way forward. and it's absolutely NOT a natural progression we now have. We have never had a stream of youngsters come into the team, in fact anything but. Now we have loads of them and they look better than most of the experienced players. So I'll put it in words of 1 syllable that can't be misunderstood or misreported. To compete under Frank until seasons' end, we need to upgrade some of the older players , in particular, in 3 positions that the youngsters can't fill. Striker, midfield creator, CD.
    In the future we need to continue promoting the youngsters and only buy GREAT players to fill the positions none of the youngsters are able to play. Patience has nothing to do with anything.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You say: ‘we need to continue promoting the youngsters and only buy GREAT players to fill the positions none of the youngsters are able to play. Patience has nothing to do with anything.’

Well we won’t get three players better than we have and the areas you want to reinforce - such as Tomori, Jorghino and Tammy - in this window.

So be patient and wait til summer and ignore all the Twitter rubbish about the likes of Cavani.

Patience instead of reacting badly to one defeat is everything. Just enjoy what we have for once

The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

To be fair, its 8 defeats, not one, but otherwise I agree.
    Like I have said many times, if you had offered me 4th place with a 6 point buffer after 23 games at the start of the season, i'd have taken your hand off, given that we lost our best player in the summer and couldnt make signings, plus with a rookie manager. I was getting panicked de ja vu visions of 2016 all over again, so the fact that we are where we are is great.

Our youngsters needs experience, and we need one or two signings, it will come.

14. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Completely agree

Reached last 16 if CL and fifth round of Cup too..

Great experience for next season

15. Chelsea Pensioner

There's a reason the top teams are top, they are always looking to improve their squad. So should we be, especially with our recent dreadful recruitment of players and Managers. It's not on the top of the "urgent must do " list in terms of improvement, but it is obvious that to stick around the top 4, we need players in positions that our youngsters are some time from being able to fill. Can't see why that approach gets such a negative reaction. Every top team has 2 players of almost equal ability in every position and that won't hold back the development of any of the youngsters Frank has introduced. It's the lack of quality in our experienced players that needs addressing which is why our Manager wants new players, and I'll go with his opinion and not the 'just be patient" solution. Those calling for that are completely correct in that the kids will all come good, but not a big help if we're 10th in the League when it happens. For a Club as ambitious as Chelsea, we have to be more proactive.

Blueman and Bodinki like this.
  16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I don't want a bunch of new signings to come in and displace our youngsters, but I don't think that is what CP is asking for.
    I would like one or two signings to compliment our squad. Maybe a striker or a CB, experienced players that the youngsters can look up to and learn from.
    Then in the summer I want a new ****ing keeper, Kepa has exhausted his chances with me.

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Frank has said he would like a striker to help out Tammy. I must have missed quotes where he said he wants to bring in multiple players in January. Listen to what the manager says.

He is clearly saying let's be patient.

Most reliable news outlets here posted:
    Chelsea boss Frank Lampard keen to avoid 'knee-jerk' signings this month

“I think the idea of January being a time to buy players, it’s difficult for everybody: for players coming in – especially if they’re coming from a different league – for the club and for the settlement of the group. I think that’s why we have to think ultra-carefully.

“I don’t want to make some kneejerk reaction to say: ‘Here’s my first big signing’ because we couldn’t sign anyone in the summer.'

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...frank-lampard-kneejerk-signings-a4337811.html

18. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Rubbish, only City have this. And of course it holds back youngsters, which is why youngsters rarely got a chance when our squad was very deep 2003-10. You think signing Isco, as you suggested, would not reduce games for Mount?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  19. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This. Agree.

CP was suggesting three new signings in January namely Isco Cavani koulibaly. I don't think a £150m spend would happen in Jan.

Isco would be a direct block to Mount and RLC.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah there is no way we are going to spend that much in January.

I wanted Cavani on loan for the rest of the season, if his deal to Atletico is put on hold.
    Koulibaly is a summer signing