1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Borini

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Master Yoda, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

Well, it's halfway through the season, so the perfect time to ask about our on loan striker.

What would he get on his Christmas report card?

Seems to have potential - he's quick, has a good strike... but lacks confidence, plays within himself a little. Gave away the ball a fair bit.

Didn't enjoy his first season with us due to injuries and being played wide left until those injuries.

Would you rather have Borini in your squad or Victor pissing Moses?

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I like Borini.

Thought he was gonna be a striker, but happy at how he's playing. Played yesterday, even though he was ill, full marks to the lad.

Canny shot on him, play him with better players, think he's got massive potential..

8/10 from me.

3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh I like borini.

4. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Id be happy if he stayed with us as I think there is a decent footballer in there. I wasn't too excited when we signed him on loan as I didn't rate the lad after his Chelsea and Liverpool highlights but having seen him up close now I am well happy with him. I think he could be a real goal scoring midfielder/winger in the making but he isn't strong enough to lead the line.

To have him sitting behind the main striker in a 5 man midfield, or as an attacking midfielder behind a front 2 for games against lesser teams, he would excel. I hope he is fit for the Villa game.

5. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

Cest don't you think he could play up front with Fletcher? I think he is our quickest attacking player and could play on the shoulder of the last defender, with fletch holding it up from a slightly withdrawn position.

We may need 4-4-2 to break down the likes of villa, who will 100% sit deep and look to hit us on the break.

6. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Like him but couldnt see him fitting into the liverpool squad atm, huge credit to him for playing ill for the cause yesterday and putting himself in hospital for safc

7. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Hope we sign the lad, as with Ki, he's been one of the better PDC signings, hope we can keep them both.