1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boris reported to the Met

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by AshtonRed, Jan 25, 2022.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I’m sorry Wiz, but I think it’s really important we can trust our PM, it’s fundamental to our democracy. Whatever party he/ she belongs to.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I always respect peoples right to their own opinions and beliefs, in fact mine don't differ from yours very much, just a minor hiccup here and there.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

The man is a bumbling moron and the embarrassing sight of him trying to get someone to talk to him at a recent meeting of top politicians was a mark of the man. He is now being hunted down by an opposition who don't seem to have a viable replacement along side his own party who don't have one either. At this critical time for all countries in the face of a madman trying to destroy a country, if not the entire world, you need leadership and Boris is not in that league. Bumblers need not apply.

4. AshtonRed

It’s good to see one of our Political leaders has integrity, it’s a shame Boris doesn’t. I’m aware it’s not a surprise, he’s never had it.

5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

this is a terribly good ploy ... a real gamble but weighted in his favour .............
    by making such a statement and he does not get a fine then pressure is put on Boris. And would in the light of the elections just passed be a an ideal time to point gather! However should he get a fine then it means he will need to keep his word and resign... dragging as he hopes would happen Boris down as well. Politics is a messy enviroment, if it was just a case of you need to be perfect then a lot would not happen as needs to ... one classic example is Red KEN and the Olympics ..!!!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  6. AshtonRed

You’ve missed the point completely, he’s an honest and honourable man, doing what any such man would do, you are so used to there being a spin, an angle, it’s just plain and simple, he has integrity.

7. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

And as a leader of the opposition party during the Pandemic, was completely and utterly useless and IMO was as guilty to braking the laws as Boris was........having said that, all of them didn't give a sh!t, knowing it was all blown out of proportion in the first place..

8. AshtonRed

I’m not sure you can make a judgement on whether he broke the law without knowing the facts, the facts we know was Durham police investigated and found no rules were broken, apparently new evidence has come to light so they will look again. They say they were working in a constituency, they stopped for food and drink, which was allowed. In the light of the new evidence the police will look again, if they are found to have broken the rules he will step down. If only Boris would apply the same principles, principles in my view ALL politicians, but certainly leaders should apply.

In relation to being useless during the pandemic I think you have an agenda, there’s not a lot they could do. They stood alongside the Tories even when they didn’t agree with them to show unity in a time of need , again the responsible and principled thing to do.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  9. realred1952

:emoticon-0138-think <doh> :emoticon-0105-wink:

10. realred1952

they did stand by them for a week or two, then came up with a Jimmy opposite .. vice versa ... thats how he became Captain hindsight

11. AshtonRed

That’s a silly name, made up by and repeated by silly people,

He stood by the government because that’s what needed to be done( ie what a person of integrity would do), he then pointed out how he would have done things differently. That was the right and proper thing to do.

Then infantile peoples made up an infantile name(because they don’t understand others may have integrity and be honest ), then other infantile people repeat the name.

12. AshtonRed

<doh>Obviously difficult for you to recognise honesty and integrity

13. oneforthebristolcity

Not having any ideas of their own, just stood and criticised everything that was being done and then saying it should have been done a lot quicker......basically, never had a bloody clue.....absolute shambles..

14. AshtonRed

Nonsense, they were the opposition, in times such as the pandemic it’s the duty of the opposition to stand as one with the government of the day, show a united front. All efforts must be used dealing with the crisis, there is no time for Party politics, they had different ideas on how to approach issue and at times voiced them, whilst still voting with the government, it’s a difficult balance to strike, but on the whole the Labour Party got it about right.

15. oneforthebristolcity

<laugh><laugh><laugh> IMO they were an embarrassment and the saving grace was, they weren't leading the Country, as not only would it have been a complete shambles the Country would be more on it's knees than it is now..

16. realred1952

I have to thankyou Ashton in a perverse sort of way for cheering me up with your comments. At present moment mainly health wise and with third party health worries I am feeling really down! with 1 down and 2 to go this week hospital visits are a a worry on he result/s .. your interpretations give me a bit of a cheer up, a smile to face.
    Dont get me wrong everyone has an opinion, a translation etc of what happens / happened.
    having spent about 8 years delivering documents to QC'S in the Temple / Lincolns green [ then waiting for a reply ] your belief in honesty and integrity is not exactly on the mark !... One QC said defending a guilty party is not always the right thing to do, but the job is to ensure the prosecution gets all the boxes ticked for guilt .. defence by hook or by crook to get perpetrator off... [ not guilty make sure prosecution has a case with holes! ]
    Integrity would dictate should you know he is guilty then you shouldnt stand up for him/her!

17. AshtonRed

Of course, even the plainly guilty deserve defending in a court, that’s what justice is.

However that’s altogether different to what we were discussing, if you can’t distinguish the difference im not going to waste my time trying to explain.

18. AshtonRed

We’re all entitled to our opinion, had we had a leader that had a crumb of integrity we’d be in a much better place now, if we’d not wasted millions on PPE that was useless we’d be in a far better position than we are now, and if we had a government that didn’t ignore a review before COVID was even heard of that said we were I’ll prepared for a pandemic we’d be in a far better place than we are now. If you’d rather bury your head in the sand and think we were better of with the tories in power, that’s your choice.

19. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Starmer has looked at his options.

In the meantime, possibly 6 weeks he'll make the best of a difficult position.
    'I'll lean on the police by saying I'll resign, but to the public I'll seem a man of integrity'.

He's playing politics.

Not for some on here but for me it's beyond belief any politician has any integrity whatsoever.
    I wouldn't p*ss in their mouth if their back teeth were on fire.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  20. oneforthebristolcity

I think I would be burying it in worse if Labour were in power, The Tories are just the best of a bad bunch.....They are all corrupt IMO as are the main stream media...in a world of corruption...only fools take any notice of any of them....