1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boris reported to the Met

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by AshtonRed, Jan 25, 2022.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

He's played politics throughout the pandemic. nothing has changed!!

Redprintt likes this.
  2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I’m afraid you’ve fallen into Boris’s trap, everyone else isn’t at his level. Kier is showing there are still principled politicians, I’m sure many Conservatives are too, they aren’t all like Boris. Hopefully the tories will get a backbone at some point soon and kick the cancer that is Boris out.

3. AshtonRed

<laugh><laugh>I’m sure they’d be relieved about that.

Imagine the criticism that would’ve been slung his way if he hadn’t come out now and say he’d resign. They’d have suggested he was no better than Boris etc. my take is that if his intention was to resign if he’s given a FPN then just be honest and say so now. I’m pleased he’s done that.

4. oneforthebristolcity

You really aren't aware how stupid that statement is..principled my arse.......that's twice in a day you've made me chuckle.. <doh>

5. AshtonRed

You are right in a way, it should be the norm to step down if as a leader, you are found guilty by the police of breaking rules you set, and expect others to abide by, however we don’t live in those times ( apparently). Whether you think Kier is principled or not, there’s no question his assertion to step down, if found guilty is the honourable, and principled thing to do,

6. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

spoken like a true blooded Labourite .... and fair play defending your beliefs

7. oneforthebristolcity

He's saying about stepping down, knowing full well it won't happen...."look at me and my BS principals".......I won't fall for it......
    Like I said before, most were at it, not abiding by the rules as the rules were only for those wanting to be told what to do and to create fear amongst us peasants!!

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  8. realred1952

you really do need to get things into context ... understand how the layers of the law relate to each other, the differences between the types of punishment etc etc etc

9. AshtonRed

And you need to stop trying to hide behind waffle. He’s doing the decent thing, just accept it and move on.

PS , I know waffle when I see it <laugh><laugh><laugh>

10. AshtonRed

With due respect, I know that’s your take on things one4, it’s not mine. I’m not quite as much a cynic as you, i think most people genuinely tried to do the right thing most of the time, including most politicians, maybe you’re right, I just disagree with you on this one.

11. AshtonRed

Just stating a few facts, party politics doesn’t come into it.

12. AshtonRed

The BS is from a very small minority of Tory MP’s trying to deflect from Partygate and no help with the cost of living crisis, by trying to suggest what Kier did was anything similar, it’s a small minority, many others won’t have any truck with it, and I’ve not heard one serious Tory MP suggest Kier should step down if found guilty, (they can’t really considering Boris’ stance), now those same MP’s are trying to suggest Kier is trying to influence the police investigation, now that is BS

13. oneforthebristolcity

Don't believe everything you read mate, it's all full of corruption and strings are pulled to fit agendas.. Kier is no different, he will do what it takes, as would Boris....IMO they are all distractions to what's really going on....in the end, "we" the peasants, are the ones that pay the price...I don't trust any of them, least of all, the Labour shambles..

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I think Boris has let us all down dreadfully over 'Partygate' he lied and dodged the truth about busting the rules, he is a buffoon, he has done well though on the vaccine programme, early lifting of restrictions, has displayed strong world leadership over Ukraine, Starmer, the man of dignity, honesty, humanity and trust, he supported the Corbyn cartel faithfully as his number 2, assisting him all the way despite Corbyns marxist faith and his Hamas, Hezbollah and IRA mates, he resisted the referendum majority vote for 3 years causing deadlock in parliament, he had his own 'Curry and Lager bash' in Durham, denied it, denied the guest list including Angela Rayner and the pre planned details as layed out, they call him Captain Hindsight, he supported excessive lockdowns and mask wearing.

I dread to think how we would have managed if Labour had been in control, they dither, they flip flop, create division and don't even know the difference between a woman and a man, what a state our nation seems to be in.

15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

When I was jumping on Boris's head right at the start of 'Partygate', some of his defenders on here reminded me (quite correctly) to wait for the outcome of the enquiry before casting judgement.
    I now offer those same people some of their own advice regarding Starmer's 'currygate'.

However, whatever happens with Currygate - assuming Starmer is found guilty, Boris Johnson is still MORE guilty than Starmer, for 2 main reasons:
    1. He's the Prime Minister, leading the country, a role model, and the international face of Britain in the eyes of the world. He is broadcasting to the world that he can't be trusted. Starmer is simply the leader of the Opposition - I doubt if anyone else in the world has even heard of him.
    2. Starmer COULD argue that he was being stupid and misinterpreted the rules - they weren't his rules, so he could claim stupidity as his excuse. Boris can't - they were HIS rules introduced by himself - for ALL of us to abide by or face prosecution. No excuses whatsoever for him. He wilfully and deliberately broke his own rules then lied to the country.
    Whatever happens, a £50 fine is an insult to the rest of us - like the hairdresser down the road from me who was fined £6k - SIX F-ING GRAND - for cutting someone's hair during lockdown.
    He should have gone to a piss-up or a curry party instead - it would have only cost him £50 if he got caught.

AshtonRed likes this.
  16. AshtonRed

Agree with your first point about Boris, Starmer backed Corbin, of course he did, he was the democratically elected leader of his party, as for Brexit, not just Starmer I was disgusted with the behaviour of pretty much the entire Labour Party, I said so. Likewise Boris should be called out now by fair minded tories, he’s a liar and a cheat. Captain hindsight- silly name made up by , and now called by silly people. Dither and flop?, nonsense again a silly accusation made by Boris and his mates, Boris who wouldn’t know the truth if it caught him by the testicals. As for knowing the difference between a man and a woman , are we talking physically or mentally, things are not as straight forward as they used to be.

see Bcfc’redandwhites explanation re Currygate, he put it much better than I could .

17. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Indeed..............

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-61391409

18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I quite agree, Boris made the rules and broke them, Starmer voted for the rules and broke them, Boris lied and denied all but was found out, he admitted his wrong doing, apologised publically to the nation and parliament countless times, Starmer lied about drinking, eating, gathering, was caught out, photographed in the acts, copies of paperwork supplied by a whistleblower proved forward planning but still he continues to deny and lie, no sorrow but false expressions of innocence our famous little legal eagle sniffs along.

He is a trained legal lawyer, he understood the rules alright, he agreed to them and voted for them leading his party in Parliament, I will resist the name calling but does he really think that because he self isolates 6 times he is a hero, look I'm truly sorry he suffered loss at the start of Covid but Boris did as well, in fact Boris nearly died of it, the fact Starmer is trying to play the quiet man of courage and make political gain out of it demonstrates to me how stupid and vane the man really is, it's pathetic, why not just admit the truth as he advocates others do, he is weak and should resign.

19. realred1952

Starmer agreed the rules along with most politicians .. your comment is like saying someone doing 19 miles ph over the speed limit is less guilty than someone doing 20mph over the speed limit

flawed example no comparison.. the barber continued his business after a warning. He refused to shut up shop and is now back in court ... this was the height of the pandemic .....
    please log in to view this image

A BARBER who refused to close his salon during the coronavirus lockdown has been summonsed to court for failing to pay his fine.

Guy Awazi was ordered to pay almost £6,000 after being convicted of breaching coronavirus legislation in the first and second lockdowns.

As previously reported, magistrates found that Awazi and his business continued to cut hair, despite several visits from police and council officers, and being told to close.

Now, more than two months after his conviction, the 36-year-old was back at Swindon Magistrates’ Court after failing to pay the £5,940 fine he was issued. He had been given four weeks to pay the court bill, which included a victim services surcharge and court costs.

20. realred1952

Pretty much agree with all your post Wiz but would differ on the lie bit ... his response was always "I was told it was within rules"

in fact when you look at the pics of the Starmer and Boris occassions there is more lack of SD Spacing and restricted movement in a confined space with less people than the Starmer incident [ 10ft x 10ft office with a closed window!] one attribute of lockdown was to keep ventilated ... opening window might have given game away ....!