1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Boxing

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 17, 2015.

1. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

Ive just arrived at Bethnal Green London for LeeMcGregors Commonwealth title fight..liveon Channel 5....ive been talking him up for a number of years. World Champion in waiting. Im hoping he stops between 4 and 6 11/2. Essomba could be awkward there is a big height difference. Essomba is also proved durable ....so statement if Lee can put him away. Massive fight on the cards against Kash Farooq if this goes to plan.

Cyclonic and Denny4 like this.
  2. Ardent1965

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

4. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Lee seems to want to rush forward as fast as possible, but I think it would be in his best interests to take great heed of those who are guiding him.

5. Cyclonic

Ghana born, UK resident, Joshua Buatsi stepped into the ring last night in Newcastle to defend his WBA International Light Heavyweight Title against the Frenchman Tony Averlant. It was just his eighth fight since turning pro just 15 months ago.

Denny4 likes this.
  6. Ardent1965

Lee is 21 he has a world youth title and Commonwealth title in the bag after 5 fights...he will learn...he will go through the divisions...the Kash Farooq fight will be an all Scottish , British title affair....that’s going to be some showdown...maybe biggest since Alex Arthur Willie Limond. Lee’ is box office has a massive support...he knows he has to show control that will come....but sometimes you need to go toe to toe. He can do whatever is needed...I will say it again he will win a world title.

Cyclonic likes this.
  7. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

Looks very promising. He might need some of the current bantamweight world champions to not be on the scene to capture a world title but he definitely looks full of potential

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    Cyclonic likes this.
  8. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

I watched from round 8 as I found it live on Spike TV. Based on those few rounds it looked a tough fight with the oppo showing plenty of heart. I also noted Barry Mcguigan in the front row shouting out orders to your man incessantly looking like he was living every second of the bout. I hope his ticker is sound!

Cyclonic likes this.
  9. Cyclonic

Lee is a tall Bantam who'll probably move to Super Bantam before he's ready to fight for a world title,either way, he's in with some serious talent. At Bantam we have Naoya Inoue, Zolani Tete, Ryan Burnett, Nonito Donaire and Emmanuel Rodriguez, and any of these could hang around at Bantam or move to super. It's good that Lee is only 21, so he has a lot of time to build into a serious title chaser.

He's a serious talent though and with a bit of luck, just might get there, especially with so many organisations out there. There's a vid on Youtube where Lee is asked about Inoue. His reply. "He just looks frightnin'." It's nice to see that he has his head screwed on right.

Ardent1965 and Denny4 like this.
  10. Cyclonic

This was a strange old fight last night at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle. Simon Vallily v Craig Glover. It was almost like one of them was off his face.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> I did have to skip through some of it though as being pressed to go out

Cyclonic likes this.
  12. Cyclonic

13. Cyclonic

My gosh, there's some serious money in sport. It's just been posted that Canelo Alvarez has signed a 10 fight deal with DAZN for US$365.000.000. Half his luck.

14. Cyclonic

Holy ****, I dunno what's going on, but Kubrat Pulev looked freaking amazing at the weigh in. He's come in more than a stone lighter than his last fight, but is built like a ****in' Adonis. Hughie Fury looks to have his work cut out for him. Hughie has an ugly body, pretty much like his cousin Tyson, so I'm hoping like crazy that he has some of the magic. Man I hope he can do this. Just a matter of hours now.

15. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

I love boxing but this fight has no interest for me in the least. Two very very average heavyweights and I'm leaning towards a narrow points win for Fury.

Cyclonic likes this.
  16. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

My sentiments exactly

Cyclonic likes this.
  17. Cyclonic

Well the Hughie Fury bubble has burst big time. Kubrat Pulev as much too strong for Fury, in fact Pulev made him look pretty ordinary. As expected, the score cards all went To Pulev. 118-110, 117-111 & 115-113.

18. Cyclonic

One of the unfair things about the boxing game is the lack of coverage afforded to the lighter weighted fighters. Everyone knows of the heavies. Anthony Joshua, Deontay Wilder and the like, but the smaller guys are almost invisible. Yet some of the fighters are of a better quality than the big boppers. As much as I like watching the monsters in action, I find it hard to believe that they represent the pinnacle of the sport.

Ring Magazine has Lomachenko listed as number one in it's P4P rankings. Fair enough. Then they have Crawford, Canelo, Golovkin, Usyk, Inoue, Mikey Garcia, Sor Rungvisai, Spence and Nietes completing the top ten. Plenty of other outlets have an order that pretty much takes in most of these fighters, but in a different order. But most of them struggle to fit in the two heavyweight champions. So it appears that most of these pundits don't thing too much of Joshua and Wilder. They seem to be rated as pretty poor champions.

But back to the original piece. One of the lesser known class acts out there is a Puerto Rican puncher named Alberto Machado who presently holds the WBA Super Featherweight title. On last night's effort against the American Yuandale Evans, the little known Alberto Machado could be around for quite some time.

Denny4 likes this.
  19. Furiousiceman

Furiousiceman Active Member

Fury v Pulev was as advertised unfortunately. Two solid but unspectacular plodders, grinding to a boring 12 round decision. It's mandatories again at the likes of Pulev that see so many unified champions give up the belt. Enjoyed Ted Cheesemans British title win. More action in one round than the combined 12 of the heavyweight fight.

20. Cyclonic

Last night, Scotland's "Tartan Tornado" Josh Taylor climbed into the ring to defend his WBC Silver Super Lightweight Title for the fourth time. His opponent, the undefeated American, Ryan "Blue Chip" Martin.

bayernkenny likes this.