1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Boycotting Away Games

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Medro, May 17, 2012.

1. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

Quite Gambol <ok>

They're making a special case of Rangers because of the size of the club - any other team reforming would be straight into the 3rd - no-one would bat an eyelid.

Allowing a newco team into the top division with penalties can surely be refused by the new Rangers - can it not? Are they forcing AFC Rangers of Govan to enter the SPL?

Quite how this equates to "putting the boot in" when every Rangers fan is calling for a CVA is properly galling.

Every other team in Scotland has to pay its dues - to suggest that Rangers should only pay as little as 1% of their dues while everyone else pays their way is pish.

Presumably Lee Wallace will remain a Rangers player when Rangers took him out of his Hearts contract without paying for it - this is not a sole example, either.

How the **** is that fair?

Considering Rangers board's behaviour in the administration of Dundee and Airdrie, other teams can be considered to be putting the boot in when they apply for interdicts to secure the funds Rangers owe them or take their players for extremely reduced terms while the iron is hot.

2. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

hopefully if we do liquidate we do go down to div 3.

3. simon_bhoy

simon_bhoy Well-Known Member

"hopefully if we do liquidate we do go down to div 3. "

why? what good would that do your club?

4. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

True, the discretion has never been exercised before. But why change the rules now? Why punish us for what they want?

Are they going to change the rules again toward the end of next season to somehow stop us from being relegated?

It's a farce.

5. simon_bhoy

"True, the discretion has never been exercised before. But why change the rules now? Why punish us for what they want?"

because it is what both parties want but there should be some sanction - you dont have to accept it presumably

"Are they going to change the rules again toward the end of next season to somehow stop us from being relegated?"

i would assume so - they increased the league when it was aberdeen

"It's a farce."

maybe its the best of a farcical situation

6. Gambol

Yep, it's an option for Rangers newco to resign their SPL share.

If we get a CVA (which I highly doubt) it's a moot point because the share won't need to be transferred.

Can't disagree Rangers shat the nest. They didn't pay their way and are in the **** and shat on the other clubs they owe money to along the way. No denying that and how truly galling that is to the other clubs.

We ended up in admin and got punished within the rules. We brought the game into disrepute and got punished within the rules. Thems the lumps.

Now they want to make new rules to punish us further because they want to keep us in the SPL? Punish us for what they want?

If they want us, keep us by using the existing discretionary rule. Otherwise boot us out.

7. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

I would love to know what exactly Neil Doncaster is talking to Charles Green about.

8. eric cartman

eric cartman Well-Known Member

The board can implement whatever punishment it see's fit under current rules. That could have meant a whole range of punishments like -50 points or relegation. You would still have received some form of punishment, they're now only proposing we put it in writing what those punishments are.

As for the proposed punishments of -10 points for two years is, to me, rangers getting of lightly. -10 points and you would still finish second which isn't really that much of a punishment.

The question is why even keep rangers in the spl?

For the next two years it will be a one horse race that i doubt sky will be interested in.

9. Gambol

<ok>

Hearing all sorts of rumours about the punishments. 10 - 15 points for two seasons and also seizing of up to 75% of revenue <yikes> <laugh>

10. eric cartman

Worse than that they actually redistribute the seized revenue to the other clubs. That will send the boycott crowd over the edge when they find out they're still funding the other clubs just by being there.

11. Gambol

<ok>

Yeah, I'd heard that's what would be done with the seized revenue.

12. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Bungs

13. Gambol

<laugh>

It's funny cos it's true.

<laugh>

14. Girvan Loyal 1690

so we can start again like we should. Plus I'd love to see all the other clubs come crumbling down after us.

15. simon_bhoy

im not sure that would happen and smacks of nose cutting tbh

i completely fail to see how div 3 benefits your club

16. eric cartman

I don't think they would. Downsize, yes but administration, no. Many teams get relegated and struggle on.

17. Girvan Loyal 1690

we'll see

18. eric cartman

Doubt it, very unlikely rangers will play in the 3rd division next year. It's all just posturing from angry people but none of them will have the convictions to go through with it.

19. harryhood67

harryhood67 Well-Known Member

The only reason we have a 12 team league , is for 4 old firm games , that is not happening next season . Time for common sense , 2 leagues of 16 teams , I would even bring back 2 points for a win , but extra points for scoring 4 0r more. One trip to Aberdeen / Dundee / hearts / hibs / would even get the home fans back out .

20. Gambol

Div 3 doesn't benefit our club. As a newco it's where we should be.

From a selfish point of view I'd much rather see my club compete in the 3rd than be hamstrung in the Premier.

But politicking and coin will not let that happen.