1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Breakaway league...

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Dr Van Helsing, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Yeah, the problem is that the beautiful game has been a high class hooker for decades.

**** knows, maybe the skanky old tart now has a fatal dose of the clap, and the Big 6 (12) are all off to the looney bin to die slowly of terminal syphillis.

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Chill Spurly... we are just worried about you boys becoming the Barnet of the ESL, albeit without ever having the joy of promotion from the equivalent of the National League ... the only thing you'll have to play for is which of you or the Goonz finishes bottom flounder (intentional) member each year ... <laugh>

duggie2000, Lovearsenalcock and brb like this.
  3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

nope...not at all...I’m not interested in it.

It’s the truth...we couldn’t challenge on our finances and you all loved it...now you hating because we ****ing off

you all want it both ways.

you don’t see the car crash of oligarchs and sheiks because your club were never in the mix. My club were, I see what these owners did to our chances. You all lapped it up.

You don’t seem to be able to grasp the emotional aspect of this from the fans of those clubs who are joining...you never will...you have no interest in that.

Sucky and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  4. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

You’re just hurting and lashing out cos Jose’s gone bruv. Don’t worry, we get it. We feel your pain..

BobbyD, Libby, PINKIE and 4 others like this.
  5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The drama! <diva>

PINKIE and Archers Road like this.
  6. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I’m not for it...you keep on ignoring that..but you fans left behind are massive hypocrites and I’m not allowing you all to move around to a higher moral point every ****ing time

You should have protested harder when the Russians and Arabs came in...but you were too busy enjoying the fact that this means Liverpool won’t win **** all for the foreseeable and that’s the problem with most of the fans of clubs left behind.

I didn’t want no super league...I woke up yesterday morning dreaming what I always dream.

Sucky, PleaseNotPoll and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I’m just seeing <wah>

Later bro.

8. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

me too but from you all

have a good day bro

9. brb

brb CR250

I actually find the National League more interesting than the Premier League.

Jeff Stellings team, Hartlepool looking to make a league come back at the top it, but Sutton have 3 games in hand. The play-offs are done differently and of the top eight clubs, only Sutton have never had a league status in the top four leagues. In 8th place is Notts County, who have a brilliant ground for a non league club. Wrexham in 5th place bought out recently by some Hollywood star.

The opposite end of the table we have Dover propping up the league, after all their remaining fixtures were voided and all points gained by other teams via them, removed from the league. This was penalty for refusing to play during covid.

Above Dover is Barnet, looking to get relegated to the National League South, which will be quite fitting for Spurs fans as the go to club in protest, as they win fook all as well.

Let's not forget the Wealdstone Raider is also in this league, wonder if he's ever worn a Spurs shirt. <laugh>

please log in to view this image

10. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Got some news for ya Spurly lad ... if the 6 go they will undoubtedly be missed ... at leaast initially... but new rivalries will grow and new success stories will emerge and, I suspect, some English club fan bases will grow as the next generation of armchair plastics will be torn between the PPV rivalry with an accountant in Turin or the blast of worktime bantz with various fans of what will still be the most competitive footie league in the world ...

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

@brb @Tobes ..Will there be a separate 'Sold Our Footballing Souls' board going up on here?

... if so ...can you limit Ponky's access rights to that and the Goonz board? <whistle>

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Would be down to the owner, but I guess another board would have to be created whether we like the idea or not.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I get all that...my gripe is with the fans crying today yet they spent years enjoying the bigger, richer teams with foreign owners steamrolling your beloved premier league...it was fine then because it was quite invisible and it meant a few of the pantomime villains in the league couldn’t reach the heights they probably would have without these very men pumping their billions.

Now these same people want a share of another big pie whilst steamrolling over every club in England and what football means to them...therefore it’s impact is hitting your clubs so now you’re all bothered and up in arms.

They were leaching then and now they want to leach some more...you accepted it then probably cheering on Chelsea as they went into battle with the more organic club in Spurs and now you have a problem.

You should have displayed your disgust then and maybe it might have sunk in by now to these foreign owners that we don’t like this kind of **** in England. However what you showed them was that so long as you can attract the pazzaz, the big names...you’ll all come around eventually.

you guise should not have accepted them when they decided to use the PL as their platform..them monsters are too big now, they want a bigger platform.

Your fault aswell

brb likes this.
  15. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Exactly right

16. brb

brb CR250

I do agree with a lot of this, as I've more or less said in some earlier posts. There has always existed a great divide between the top tier being the premier league and the rest ie lower leagues, this has existed since 1992 when SKY came on the scene.

It did dwindle down a bit to the Championship, and this happened through the natural processes of relegation from the Prem and promotion from the Championship over the next three decades, with clubs bouncing too and fro between those two divisions.

It even started to affect League One (third tier) as clubs were given parachute payments, with also the massive supporting base they had, it placed clubs like Hull and Sunderland at an advantage over the rest - with the likes of Wolves, Sheffield United and Leeds before them.

Covid was a big eye opener for many, in what was happening in the lower leagues, but it was all a little too late, as clubs like Bury went under.

Although I've agreed with a lot of what Gary Neville has said over the last few days, I would like to remind him of one thing....

How did Salford ever become a league club?....we know the answer to that, him (Gary) and his mates chucked money at it. He even sacked managers, that performed well, but didn't get instant promotion. So it's ok for Gary Neville to create his little empire of elitism but not others!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  17. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Based on what, exactly? Genuine question. It's not your league position, it's not your silverware (or lack of), so what is it? The financial side? You borrowed £175 million of taxpayer's money because you're that skint during the pandemic.

You're trying to be a top six club with your new flashy stadium because you've witnessed Chelsea and Man City buy their own success. You're like a guy who takes out a second mortgage on his house just to buy a Lamborghini to flex on your wealthier neighbour who bought a new Audi.

AndyI likes this.
  18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Infrastructure is world class...enough to entice the global fan base. You think anyone cares about Forest winning 2 euro cups 70 years ago whilst today they ply their trade in the lower leagues playing in an outdated stadium prolly falling to bits at its seams? No one cares but the romantics with their pint at hand.

You can say what you want mate but the elite teams in Europe see Spurs as part of them plus Real Madrid and Barca are in bigger debt than us

Dont worry yourself about it...carry on cheering the next big foreign owned club in the PL as they steamroll everything in their sight because it’s funny to see teams who try to grow organically get blown out of the water. Then, when they get an invite in 5 years to join the SL and their owners accept...you can have another cry about it on here.

hypocrites

19. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

I don't cheer on any club but my own. Don't have Sky, or BT or whatever. I pay £10 to watch my own team's games during the pandemic. That's it.

Real Madrid and Barça are in much bigger debt, yes. They both spend way beyond their means on players and stadium renovations etc. Difference between them and Spurs is that they have a packed trophy cabinet and they are consistently competing in their domestic leagues for the title, even during a bad season they're still there or there about. Barça and Real were giants of football before big money was pumped into football.

Archers Road likes this.
  20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

this is pub talk...no one cares about who’s won what when discussing the SL

Youre that man I was talking about earlier or was it yesterday when I said for people who are not bothered you all seem very bothered by the structure and criteria of this league.