1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Breakfast Debate - Thu 4th April

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Someone got stuck in his wardrobe so I'll make a start

Bolton got a stay of execution but if this sale goes through it needs to happen fast. HMRC want their money, players still haven't been paid, staff and coaches and non playing staff have no money either. A sad state of affairs but the recent new owner wants to make a profit ffs and will see the club die rather not make cash.

Prezzer today with Don Marcelo

Douglas operation went well but his season and some of the Summer is over and he will be a bit behind the others in pre season. Wish we knew where Bielsa was going to be

Anyone any views on some of our loan players who may be back as I suspect we will see a culling exercise at the end of the season

ristac, bucks_is_leeds and ellandback like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ekuban is apparently going to be sold to the Turks for £1m and they say they will slap a £10m release clause on him. Good luck with that as he is still firing blanks, but got selected for a friendly for Ghana and scored ..... whoopie doo.

Jay Roy Grot has scored 3 goals all season back in Holland but to be fair he has been played out wide and has created goals, but not featured much recently. played for the dutch U21s last week and created the winner. Do I see him back? think it depends on promotion because if we dont go up we may find it cheaper to bring him back and play him wide?

Heckingbottom has been quietly going about his job at Hibs is great fashion. In a way i'm pleased for him and he took over from Lennon who spawned the Celtic gig. Hecky is unbeaten in 9 and won 7 of those.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  3. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Morning All

I can't see Jay Roy being given a position in the 1st team squad, unless he has acquired more verve in the last year. He just doesn't appear to have enough energy to cut it in the current squad.

Heckingbottom has presumably found his level. I hope he does well but I can't see him getting a gig at a good championship team or above.

4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt Doc and co from a sunny Bardsey
    I fail to see how the person buying Bolton can be a fit and proper person having been twice made bankrupt!
    I feel that who does best at Birmingham and Preston will win the race for promotion well we will know this soon enough
    Seems we will go back for Daniel James in the close season as he has stated he will only sign a new contract with a sell on clause of £4m!
    Clearly he does not like the way he was treated
    Having looked at Boro.s remaining fixtores I think that Gibson may give Pulis a stay of execution as they have a very easy run in
    If we get promotion I wouldn't say no tp Aaron Mooy at Town

ristac and ellandback like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Malik Wilks and Lewie Coyle have had 2 fantastic seasons out on loan. Coyle has won the player of the year last season and wont be far off again this season. The RB has even been played as a CB DM and LWB and the fans love him, however he is 23 years old now and should be established with his club, so I believe there is no room for him at leeds any more and he will need to kick start his career elsewhere. Malik Wilks has now scored 14 goals for Donny and he is used out wide in a front 3 a lot or used as the No9 lone striker at times when required. Another who I fear is finished at ER as he would be behind the likes of Clarke, Edmondson, Dalby and Kun. There was also a recent deal done whereby Leeds bought a 17yo kid from Donny who is supposed to be the next big thing. I'm guessing that this will be part of a deal to keep Malik.

6. leeds60

What was the kid called Doc and a good morning to you

7. w.c.dukenfield

w.c.dukenfield Well-Known Member

Morning all. Mike you know as well as I do if Bates is a fit and proper person any one is. I can't help but think there is a player in there somewhere in Jay Grot.

8. leeds60

Wilf he has the physique but has he the heart?

9. leeds60

The omens look good for promotion did you know that at this stage the team that has been second have gone on to be promoted!
    Long may it last!

10. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Club accounts out today showing a 4.5m loss last season and according to Phil Hay, administrative costs of 53m. Wow, thats a lot of stamps and envelopes, our highest ever figure. Ill leave it to others to dissect and explain the figures

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0148-yes:
    Good morning all from a rather wet Southampton.
    Only trouble with that stat is,as far as i can remember,their has been for a long time two teams that have pulled away from the rest,this season it's four :(

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon all would the figures include the purchase of Elland Road I wonder?

13. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

No.

ER was bought by Rad not the club. The club has a lease in place with the first 33 months rent free. There will be an amortization of the rent expense with an allocation from day one, which has no cash flow impact for those first 33 months..

ristac likes this.
  14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Much as i like the look of James, I can’t help feeling he may be playing his way into the thoughts of bigger (richer) fish than us. May hinge on promotion.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Here are Izzy’s stats according to Phil Hay and Bielsa May still have a place for him. Yeah right
    Izzy Brown's first-team stats for Leeds United read one touch of the ball, one yellow card and nine minutes on the pitch. But Marcelo Bielsa says he was injured last weekend and is still an option for him:

16. lifecheshirewhite

He means if we get 20 or so broken legs,in the next 2 weeks,he will be sub.

wakeybreakyheart and Eireleeds1 like this.
  17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

So Spuds make a new world record profit, even though they spend a billion on a new stadium!!!!

Proper business plan as the yids will have spread the cost of the stadium over 20 years, but employing a top manager who doesnt spend much money, if any also differentiates Pochetino from the rest.

Leeds make a £4.3m loss which is brilliant in reality as it was due to higher wages and player contracts, plus loan player wages. Nowhere near a problem for FFFP rules, in facat at least £35m away from those sorts of problems.

We will make more than that loss as soon as we sell some if our players out on loan, like Saiz, Cibicki, Wilks, Coyle, Grot, we will also lose the wages of the other dross like Anita, LDB etc, so will be quids in especially if we get promotion.

Pochetino has been at Spuds 4 years now and Bielsa who hardky soends has only been her e couple of minutes. Poch follows the Bielsa model of coaching and utilisaing your squad by improving rather than buying success and financial ruin.

The club have also done fantastic withoperations as profits up massively on catering, bar, marketing, superstore, ticket sales, non football activity, massive increases. So the finances are healthy and managed. Yes a few on here will do a Chippy and say we are skint and spend nothing, but Bielsa only wqnted one signing in January....

southernwhite and Whitejock like this.
  18. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

And we are 2nd in the league competing for the autos <ok>

Irishshako, Whitejock and Doc like this.
  19. dbc

dbc Well-Known Member

Those figures were propped up by Wood sale for 15 million - for this seasons figures next year we’ll have Viera to help with that but also increased ‘admin’ costs in terms of wages (Bielsa and back room staff) but also have had good income from stadium and must be improving commercially. Basically if we stay in championship we’ll lose a ‘small’ amount year by year but be in a survivable and sellable state but if we get promoted we’ve got a very healthy base to start from.... *crosses everything*

southernwhite likes this.
  20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Surely the likes of Wood's fee will be spread over 3 or 4 years?