1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Brentford V Cardiff City

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Masky, Apr 20, 2021.

1. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

He looks a proper footballer. We could do with signing him up next season.

Brentford were bang average and City, albeit with their usual limited ability and with little attacking quality from the mundane CM, played as well as they could have done and like at Reading should have won.

But it’s a fact we are finding it very hard to score from open play.

DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought we played really well in our own half. Once over the half way line approaching the opposition box is where the problem is.

Our lack of creativity in the final third means either the ball is passed sideways or we get it forward too quickly expecting Moore to chase across from one touchline to the other. That's not the best use of his resources and his sharpness suffers when it really matters - that's in the box.

Wilson tries too hard running around but creating very little and gets hauled off because of it. He wont be with us next year and as said a million times on here, we need to resolve this area of the pitch as a priority. Unless we take a real chance on a combination of youngsters in there like Sang and Colwill, a quality football-passing No. 8 and No. 10 should be top of the shopping list.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I know it has been said our loaners shouldn't be given more game time and I agree for Ojo. However on last night's cameo I would like to see Desmond play in the last 3 games and if he carries on like last night I wonder how much Arsenal would want for him?

Would also free up Sang for midfield.

4. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Apart from the demolition of Derby we’ve scored only 2 goals from open play in the 8 other games since we beat swansea.

It’s going to be interesting to see if he does change it around on Saturday.

DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.