1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Brighton v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 28, 2021.

1. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Congratulations Chesh

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<ok> Brilliant news Chesh, congratulations.<ok>

3. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Very many congratulations <ale><ale><ale>
    Boy or girl

4. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

You've just opened a whole new chapter in your life, Chesh. And it's one of the best ones. Won't be long before you realise how bloody old & stiff you are. They run rings round you & get you into trouble. Whenever my youngest grandson wants a new toy, he claims it's time for a sleepover at ours. He knows I'm a soft touch - and he's right! After he goes home, clutching said new toy, I get a shirriking from his mum & dad. Worth it, though! :D

Enjoy, matey!

5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Is that not a bit non-PC these days? Surely it should read, "boy, girl, or transinbetweenythingy"? <yikes><whistle>

ristac, lifecheshirewhite and OLOF like this.
  6. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Shut up grandad, you're showing me up:emoticon-0111-blush

lifecheshirewhite and Whitejock like this.
  7. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Commentator got confused between Dallas and Roberts too....

8. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Congratulations pal

9. lifecheshirewhite

Girl m8, will be getting her some Leeds stuff as soon as I am allowed. <laugh>

10. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Not in my book I’m old school don’t believe in all this modern crap

oldschool likes this.

11. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

Congratulations

12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Congratulations mate, screw the result, you’ve had far better news today

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Congrats chesh... great news <ok>

14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Congrats mate and enjoy. I was trying to watch the match whilst playing snakes and ladders with my grandson the cheating little git. More fun than watching Brighton, enjoy

15. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

So the day after. letting the dust settle.
    I'm well chuffed with how the season has went and of course you going to have bad days and yesterday was one of them.
    Lets be honest we missed vital cogs yesterday in Phillips and Raphinha. but I still expected better.
    I think after going unbeaten against the so called big guns a lot of people expected us to walk all over these and understand why many people are upset.
    All i know is when teams set up with a more defensively mindset we struggle. Our attacking play just have no idea's we can't break down defensive teams and without Raph it becomes doubly hard as lets face it he makes everything tick. He's like our Zaha and Phillips is our Grealish having both missing takes alot out of our starting line up.
    I thought Brighton thoroughly deserved their win and if they could finish should of scored alot more.

Its very harsh to pick out players over 1 bad performance but the things I've noticed this season my personal view.
    Bamford - since his injury hasn't looked the same player ok we have had some tough games of late. chances are hard to come by. Yesterday before being subbed he produced very little effort to chase down a ball with Dan Burn who isnt the quickest he was quickly subbed soon after. it just seems to me he knows the season is coming to a close and isn't giving the 100% effort as he did previous.
    Klich - From looking one of our best players to now looking like one of of our poorest He looked so out of depth yesterday and not just yesterday. How he got 90 mins yesterday beats me. He looked so laid back and so slow. he struggles picking up men in this man to man marking. yesterday have a good look by the time he turns around at times his marker has 5 yards on him he looks very uninterested at the moment for me.
    Harrison- Has went off the boil his crossing yesterday was Sunday League it was horrific.

But we don't have the squad to replace them or give them a rest Rodrigo sub for Bamford has never worked so why do we keep trying it.

I just think some players have went off the boil and the squad aint got enough quality yet to give people a rest.
    Klich has no excuse though had a long rest. I think he's out his depth now I thank him for all he has done but I think we should cash in on him while we can still get something decent for him being a Prem/International player same as Alioski and Roberts.

16. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Congratulations chesh. Thankfully I’m too young for that yet.

17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Why keep trying the same subs indeed. Bielsa does this over and over again it's one of his faults. I have given up hoping for some of the better players from u23s getting some minutes in. Drameh was on the bench but not a sniff. Poveda campo is like a kid playing park football. Selfish and umaware of anyone of his team mates. We had three centre backs up at corners and never got a header on target.

OLOF and SIDDAS like this.
  18. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

ratings for yesterday.
    meslier 6...unlucky with pen wasn't far off
    ayling 7...thought bill did well,gave his all and seemed pissed with himself when he made a couple of mistakes
    struick 6...reasonable display very naive with clearance for 2nd goal,just looping it up in the air when he should have been troubling the seagulls on the shore, leading to scumbeck to turn him inside out doing a "cruyff" and sealing the game
    llorente 6.5...he was dragged into the general mire of our display,looked a bit peeved off with one or two!
    alioski 4...sorry i don't see why he is still being put in instead of giving huggins,davis a try instead, looked like he had already signed for whoever, yet another stupid penalty given away
    dallas 6...not the stu we have come to expect seemed like the general malaise off the display dragged him from his usual endeavor
    klich 4...to say he has gone off the boil is an understatement, listless,dreary no effort..and i don't know what has happened to his shooting boots he just doesn't seem to try any 20 yarders, and he has scored some crackers, how he survived 90 go figure
    roberts 5...the lad has some nice touches and passes now and again, but he seems to now think that he is a regular fixture in the side and a bit to "i'm here now" and another who you think "is he ever going to notch"
    koch 5...played in the kalvin role and didn't link play like he does, reasonable match and will be an asset next season
    bamford 4.5...he looks in a rut at the moment not scored for a few and looks a bit down, no service to speak of as the suppliers had all gone home early!
    harrison 4...sorry jack you are way to inconsistent, obviously the main problem is your crossing it is shocking to be blunt, most go way to far over everyone to some imaginary man on stilts at the edge of the area....try low and hard mate it might just work,not the floaty helium balloon one's
    subs....poveda 5.5... the go to sub,who still hasn't convinced me that he can produce any real chances, nice little dribbles here and there, but nothing to show for them..where is this pace we hear about to get to the byline and whip in crosses also very easily knocked off the ball as was shown when maupay nearly knocked you into the stands
    rodrigo 4...did he touch the ball ? big money who as yet still hasn't paid an instalment, very poor display amigo
    hernandez 5...go on pablo there are 15 mins left and change the game where the probable instructions you know create something! why didn't he replace klich at half time...you know give him time to create something
    bielsa 5.5...come on bucket man what is the point off putting these kids on the bench when it is just the same one who gets the nod!...oh yeah the experience of being with the first team yada,yada what experience sat in some empty stand wearing a mask 10 feet apart knowing that it will take a miracle to probably get a few minutes
    understand if it is a full house, the buzz,the exitement of the roar of the crowd etc, but not in an empty bowl they may as well sit at home, give one or two others a go for 20 or so geldhart,greenwood,drameh,jenkins,huggins etc especially yesterday when the seniors where not showing the kids this is the kind of football you have to reach to get into the first eleven....i mean even you showed your frustration at the display by smashing the seat back with your hands!!

19. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Best and most honest post this season. If we pay 11 million for Harrison as well as moreno millions then i am stumped. Orta gets plaudits but is so hit and miss.
    We have an owner who admitted lack of experience running a club.someone at the top needs to make the decisions and clear out this championship dross who will not repeat this seasons efforts.
    Dallas for me is a decent squad player but no creative midfielder but he would improve the bench. Two top mids needed /striker/left back/goalie.

oldschool, SIDDAS and southernwhite like this.
  20. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Agree.
    look its all good and well giving them players a chance they all deserved it from getting us up.
    We have been very loyal to every player in that group who got us up.
    Next season we have to be ruthless and start saying to some players thanks for the help getting us to the Premier League. we have given you the chance to prove yourself but sadly in the need to push on you not making the grade.
    Football is a cruel world and loyalty is seen as nice but it won't win you anything.
    To be fair, I think every single one of these players has had a chance from Last season so it's not as if we got promoted and said cya lad you got us up but it's bye bye.
    We with the big boys now we have to keep pushing for better and sieving out the players who are getting left behind.
    Of course you get a bond and that Championship squad who got us up deserve every plaudit going they did something we been dreaming about for a long time
    I fecking love Alioski as a individual but i know deep inside he aint good enough to take us further.
    Same as a few others it's how Football is a revolving door.