1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Cardiff City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

The teams making their move in the top 6 all have quality to win games like the last 2 games, we do not and do not possess that quality anywhere in the squad.

To be honest, a point would only have given 'some fans' false hope, it's over, the damage started to be done at least 10 games ago and unlike the teams now above us, we carried our woeful form into what some consider to have been a 'mini league'.

We have the keepers and defenders, we need maybe 2 strikers and we need at least 3 high quality midfielders, Smith is getting back to form and maybe Walsh and Morrell can fill 2 of the other midfield positions, but we need a leader in midfield, even Johnson belatedly realised that we need a Barry Bannan.

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I can appreciate that some on here have been resolute in their opinion of Johnson and never wavered in not wanting him. And I admire them for not changing their mind.
    What really pisses me off is the name calling by fans who one minute want him gone to next minute he’s going to take us up.

And now they will hang on saying they never wanted him here in the beginning.

Supcon72 and Tom_BCFC like this.
  3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I didn’t agree with his appointment, I thought he was too inexperienced at the time . He did win me round eventually & I think he’s on the whole done a good job, his losing streaks are annoying and ultimately we’ve faded away after Christmas each year when well placed. We now look like we need a change, I do feel he has passion for the club but unfortunately his time is up in my view. Time to thank him for all his efforts and move on.
    That said as others have said it does annoy me when people get personal, and name call it’s childish and unnecessary,

Supcon72 likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Lee Johnson speaks
    For whatever reason we haven’t been good enough. I’ve got to hold my hands up. There are five games left and we need to finish with flourish. It’s a tough division and we need to learn the mistakes of this season, whatever they may be.

LJ on his post and being under pressure
    I always do my very best. I’m an honest individual. Obviously it hasn’t been good enough post-COVID. It’s fine margins in the game. I don’t make those decisions - all I do is work extremely hard.

LJ on the play-offs
    It’s going to be difficult. Certainly a giant uphill task from here.
    I thought it was a really important game to win. We didn’t. It wasn’t through lack of effort, obviously we’ve had a couple of really good chances at key times and we’ve got to take our lessons from it, it’s as simple as that.
    Not just from today but over the course of the season.
    We’ll keep fighting, there’s a lot to play for, and if anyone does slip up we’ve got to make sure we capitalise, but there has to be some improvement there.

LJ on what needs to change
    We have to keep improving everywhere. Obviously it’s well documented in terms of quite a high turnover of players for whatever reason but we’ve got a philosophy and got an identity.
    We need to play for that and develop young players coming through, then we need to trade. That’s the position the club are in but, at the same time, we also want to win football matches.

LJ on the final five games
    We’ve got to finish the season on a high, you’ve seen how margins are so fine at this level and today unfortunately we were on the wrong side of a tight game.

5. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

An awfull game between 2 very poor sides, Cardiff were marginally better, but not by much considering they are supposedly in form and full of confidence.
    As for us, we never looked like scoring form open play, and haven’t done since the restart