1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 23, 2023.

?

Hull city win?

1. City wjn

2. Draw

3. Brizzle chizzle

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Could you add a citation to those supposed quotes please?

2. Nikica Jellyfish

Nikica Jellyfish Well-Known Member

plenty of comments on Facebook/twitter/this board so come off it with the "ooo where are your sources *sniffle*" some proper flannel smarmy behaviour that.

3. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Whilst stats are being thrown about, here's some stats. Under Rosenior, after 17 games in charge:

17 goals in 17 games. (ave. 1.0 goals per game)

7 times in 17 games we've failed to score (41%)
    14 times in 17 games we've failed to score more than once (82%)

2 goals in the last 5 games (0.4 goals per game)
    6 goals in the last 9 games (0.67 goals per game)

That's pretty dire, and the trend is getting worse not better. It's also boring for the majority of spectators who hope to see goals (scored by us).

As repeatedly said, he's done good work in tightening us up defensively, and he's had players missing (like most sides do), but with what he's still had at his disposable, surely it's reasonable to expect better than the above in terms of attacking output. Words are easy, he surely needs to be showing clear signs of improving our attacking play now. I wonder if Acun is thinking similar. I hope we do start seeing clear improvement, but for now the jury still remains out for me.

4. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

He's largely had last years players at his disposal. Christie, Seri and Oscar have been the only ones fit enough to play 90 mins with any regularity. We also have to factor in replacing last seasons top scorer/best player.

If all the big signings were fit and available then I'd agree we should be expecting more but when you assess this seasons selections it's still largely last year's squad which finished 20th on points accumulation. Without the points deductions we'd have been right in the **** last year and anything could have happened once the pressure got turned up at the end of the season.

I'd have taken mid table this year even with everyone fit considering the low bar we were starting from. I still think that's where we'll end up under Rosie despite the injuries.

5. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

As I pointed out on Saturday GFAW... in this 17 games its actually 10 in 15. Averages are always upset by in our case two results... 4 against Wigan and 3 against Cardiff.

6. TIGERSCAVE

But the question still hangs MO. Is he the right man for the job/ result that Acun craves. Any decent manager would have sured up our defence.

7. Mckechnie Orange

Time will tell. How long did it take Pearson to get Bristol ticking over as they are? 2 years? Pretty sure there were calls for his head from Brizzle fans last year. And the year before also.

How long did it take Taylor his first promotion?

8. TIGERSCAVE

I dont think extended time is part of Acuns strategy.... he's in it to win it...

9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

We'll go nowhere then. If we're never going to stick with a manager and just demand instant promotion then it won't bode well. I hope you're wrong and Acun won't be like that.

kingstontiger and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  10. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

True.
    But tbf if you include the nils you need to include the 4 and 3!
    Probably of most relevance are the more recent form (like the last 6 and 9 statz quoted). They suggest we're going backwards even. And then there's what you see - I just don't see any improvement, fresh ideas & routines, promise, etc. It's like attacking plays are just not trained.
    And fwiw, I just don't buy MO comments about "it's basically last season's players plus some new ones (!!)" The defence is absolutely last season's yet is massively improved!! Plus he's no longer dependant on the likes of T Smith. Something's just not right. Hopefully he brings big improvement and soon.

11. tigers1970

tigers1970 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more ....this style of football would send a glass eye to sleep.....can't imagine mr acun putting up with it for much longer either

Jim the Tiger and TIGERSCAVE like this.
  12. mazzer

mazzer Well-Known Member

Going backwards is our style of play at the moment.

13. Mckechnie Orange

Guess it's about balance. Hopefully we'll show incremental progress and theyll stick with him. I'm not convinced that you can just sack your way to success. Think we need stability, both on the pitch (which injuries have disrupted) and off it.

Mind you, I don't understand the posters/twitterati who seem to be hailing Mccann all of a sudden then slagging Rosenior in the same breath. Most of Mccann's time in the championship with us was dire - until they new the takeover was going through and upped it for a few games at the end.

HebridesTiger likes this.
  14. TIGERSCAVE

He was a full back.... needs applauding for sorting the defensive side out, but said it before, wheres the flair coaching coming from.
    Bring back the days when the MOM wasn't Jones, Macca, Ingram et al...

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  15. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Defenders are probably the best at coaching attacks. Who would know how to beat one better? Same with Baz Richardson doing the shooting drills

16. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

Out of all the former players, midfielders always make the best managers. Rosenior being a defender makes perfect sense, knows how to set up defensively but has absolutely no idea how to attack.

Surprised Football hasn’t evolved with an attacking coach and a defensive coach like other sports.

17. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

We've had a lack of goals under 3 different gaffers this year so I don't think it's something you can play Rosey for. To go into season with the intention of playing with wingers but not actually signing any way a major gaffe. You wouldn't go into the season with only 2 CBs, or just 1 keeper but for some reason we thought it was okay to do so out wide. Stick a couple of decent wingers in our side and we're pushing top 6

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  18. SydneyTiger14

I was genuinely curious as I hadn't seen anything like that posted on here so came across as you pulling something out of your arse as a strawman.

19. SydneyTiger14

I made this comment months ago when I expressed surprise that it's not common in football for there to be a forwards coach and a defensive coach who work under your head coach to coach specific lines and patterns of play. In Aussie rules it's very common and you have coaches for any number of things. It seems quite a logical thing to implement. I mean, we have a GK coach, why are they so special?

Evington and Tigerboy98 like this.
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It shows how much work we have to do when even Man City can put three past them.

rovertiger likes this.