1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Bristol City v Watford

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Nov 24, 2020.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

A player coming back and another "mysteriously" un named likely to miss the game .. with the covid over the internationals … COD?.. don't think he is a player affected yet.

Dean Holden's men made it three from three with maximum points at home for the first since September in Saturday's 1-0 win over Derby County.
    It was also Famara Diédhiou's first goal of the season, with the striker needing one touch to set himself before striking a low left-footed shot beyond David Marshall.
    It was the perfect response with league action back after an international break which saw the club hit by Covid-19.

MATCH DETAILS
    Where: Ashton Gate Stadium
    When: Wednesday, November 25th, 7.45pm KO
    Competition: Sky Bet Championship
    Referee: Dean Whitestone
    Assistants: Mark Pottage and Nick Greenhalgh
    Fourth official: John Brooks
    please log in to view this image

DOWN MEMORY LANE
    Watford 2-3 Bristol City
    Vicarage Road
    Tuesday, August 22nd 2017
    Carabao Cup Second Round
    A stunning second-half fightback saw a much-changed City side inflict a Carabao Cup upset at the home of Premier League Watford.
    Goalless at the interval, City fell behind to Etienne Capoue’s 47th-minute opener.
    But the lead did not last long as Freddie Hinds scored from distance for the second cup tie in succession, before substitute Bobby Reid turned in Lloyd Kelly’s driven cross.
    Niclas Eliasson made the game safe in stoppage time after Jose Holebas was dismissed for fouling the Swede, ensuring Adrian Mariappa’s consolation goal at the death counted for nothing.

bcfcredandwhite and wizered like this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Dynamo Nagy powering through schedule
    Tuesday, November 24th 2020

With the season in full swing, it’s a busy time for any player…just ask Ádám Nagy.

The midfielder has been ever present in City’s last three games against Huddersfield Town, Cardiff City and Derby County – with City claiming wins in each of those fixtures – as well as helping Hungary qualify for the delayed Euro 2020 Championships.

That’s six games in 19 days.

Nagy was called up to the starting XI late against the Terriers after Tyreeq Bakinson was forced out through a severe headache. But Nagy, whose game time had been limited to that point, has taken his opportunity.

He explained: “It was a tough period when I couldn’t get into the squad but every player has to deal with it at some point. You have to keep working hard, keep your mouth closed and work hard for that opportunity. When it comes, it’s whether you can take it and earn a position in the starting XI.”

He has played every minute since, saying: “It's the best thing a player can do” with his next opportunity on Wednesday night against Watford.

But away from the Sky Bet Championship, Nagy was also important to Hungary, earning their spot at next year’s Euros, where he hopes to play in front of his nation’s own supporters.

“It’s a huge thing for the country,” said Nagy, who has 44 appearances for the Hungary national team. “This is our second time of qualifying in a row. Before that it was 30 years of not qualifying so it’s big for the national to qualify and we will play two games in Budapest so that is unbelievable.”

With so much football in recent times, and an average of three games a week over the winter period, Nagy knows the importance of balancing play and recovery.

He explained: “When you keep playing and winning especially, you don’t feel so tired mentally or physically tired because you’re buzzing to be playing and keep winning,. It’s been two-and-a-half weeks of so many games though so I’m doing everything I can to get enough rest, sleep, eat well and recover as fast as possible.”

In terms of recovering off the pitches, he says he enjoyed playing Playstation - when he’s allowed - as well as reading and Sudoku.

“Sudoku is usually what my grandparents do but I like it - it helps me to switch off and relax!” he said.

“I’m also cooking. We have a lot of help from the team providing us meals but I’m trying to cook for myself for dinner. I think my favourite is a traditional Hungarian food but it’s not so good for an elite athlete. I keep it simple with rice, chicken and lots of vegetables. It’s what I need to recover faster.”

And after Saturday’s win against the Rams, preparations have been on the visit of the Hornets to Ashton Gate on Wednesday night (7.45pm KO). It pits two teams flying high in the play-off positions in what will be a test for Dean Holden’s men against recent top flight opposition, battling to return to the Premier League at the first of asking.

Looking ahead to the contest, Nagy said: “It’s going to be a massive game, this week is crucial and important for us because we are where we want to be. We want to earn promotion for the Premier League and these are the game we have to take on and win so we have to be confident, play our style and the results will follow.”

Only Season Card holders can watch the midweek action live on Robins TV, as the game has been selected for live coverage by Sky Sports.

Season Card holders should have received a FREE streaming pass code emailed ahead of the recently televised fixture against Norwich City. Season Card holders will not have to enter their unique voucher code again as access to Sky TV home matches will automatically be granted once logged into Robins TV.
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/dynamo-nagy-powering-through-schedule/

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Good to see him fit again, he looked so good when he joined before his injuries. 44 International caps means he must have something about him, and we need that right now with Bakinson, Walsh & Williams all out. He has a real chance to shine and nail his position as the heartbeat of the team. Hopefully, he plays tonight as I'm looking forward to seeing him in action again.

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. Supcon72

So, is it Hunt or Martin that is the potentially injured player from Saturday's game that DH mentioned in yesterday's press conference? Or maybe they are both rested from starting, to keep them fresh, as we have a few games in quick succession between now and the start of 2021...

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

These are probably the most important back to back games of our season and they could go to show whether we are up for the task. So far we are doing just fine and so expectations are high but realism is needed to evaluate our efforts and I would be more than happy to get 3 points and anything more would be a bonus. Good luck tonight Dean and let's show the doubters we mean business.

7. realred1952

a point would be a bonus! 10 more games then to half way last season 35 points!!! so need a simple 11 points

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

If city want this need to up their game.
    A win would be magnificent a draw okay a loss. Not so clever.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  9. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

I’ll be delirious if we manage to get more than 3 points tonight , I’m not sure how it’s possible though?

10. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Powerful insight here

11. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Anyone any idea how to use the SC code for sky hone games whilst accessing through Now TV ?edit

Sorted

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  12. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Took a lot of deep thinking to come up with that.

13. Supcon72

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

15. realred1952

dangerous game we seem to play nowa days!

16. Supcon72

Watford are far better and more comfortable on the ball than we are. We keep pumping it long. Luckily Watford don’t offer much up front. I expect a formation change second half, I see Wells and Martin on around the hour mark or sooner if it’s still 0-0

17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Not surprising with our injuries but this is an incredibly tough watch.

18. Supcon72

How the f**k did Fammy not get on the end of that:angry:

Red Robin likes this.
  19. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Because the keeper touched it

Redprintt likes this.
  20. Supcon72

No subs after 75 mins - WTF? Fammy and Pato should come off