1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bristol Rovers game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Sep 1, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Another game against a poor side we should have won and if the alarm bells were not deafening before those game they are now. I thought Laurent and Norburn played pretty well and we can play some nice approach passes. But when we get to the final third we are totally clueless - a lumbering non- league attack with poor delivery and very little meaningful movement in the box - even a poor Rovers side with ten men looked fairly comfortable against us. At the back Waterfall is averaging a penalty every other game and is a total liability at the moment.
    Holloway came on ten minutes too late and we should have taken a defender off soon after and brought a forward on and not leave it until it was too late. I was concerned when Askey appointed two novices as his coaching staff and we are suffering for that now -virtually every corner is telegraphed to Waterfall at the far post or we try a short corner and do not even get a cross in. In the five games I have seen this season I have seen nothing that gives me any hope for us under this manager - he has massively underestimated the quality of forward needed in this league. Whalley looks fed up with the quality of some team-mates and is trying to win games on his own though his set- pieces are very hit and miss. I am worried that if we continue this way we will effectively be relegated before Christmas and it is hard to see where a win is coming from at the moment.

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The forward situation is our weakness, and was so last year. Surely that should have been recognised and dealt with. We do have a lot of promise within the squad and hopefully Askey can sort out a winning solution. Angol did some good hold up play and managed to retain the ball and either lay it off or get past a player which is an improvement on Morris last year. Norburn looked good but spoilt that by shooting well wide a couple of times.

The new loanee Emmanuel looks promising an it'll be a shame that Sears' start in the squad might be fleeting.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Get the feeling it is going to be a very long season this time around for both of us given where we were last season in the end. We could be the new Chuckle Brothers with bottom spot...............To me to you......

Don't know about you lot but I'm bleddy depressed already.

Matster and Zenfootball2 like this.
  4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Greeny - we are hoping to take inspiration from your climb up the table after your bad start last season. We have lost a manager and ten good players so its not surprising we are struggling at the moment though I did not think it would be quite as bad as this. Never mind - your players love the Meadow so you have a good chance of a victory when you visit us.