1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Britain's Got Talent

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by Ron, May 10, 2013.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

After my 9/1 winner on X Factor I just have to have a go at this one. Haven't been watching so wouldn't want to rush into this yet but this 11 year old is amazing and at 50/1 might be a spanking ew bet. Whatever happens she is sure to have a career.

[video=youtube;dnvQ3HX0-pA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dnvQ3HX0-pA[/video]

2. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

WOW! That is absolutely amazing. Not surprisingly the red hot favourites (best priced 11/4). I'll have to look at the others now to see if little Asanda has any chance of reaching the finals. Meanwhile I see she is available at 66/1 with 3 bookies but as low as 28/1 with Bet365.

4. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Didnt realise they were so short. Probably not a betting propersition then.
    The act was outstanding though

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Having looked at a few more of the shorter priced contenders, there is definitely some competition but I'm sure some of these will disappoint in the next round. I think that 66/1 for Asanda is ridiculously generous and I reckon that's worth snapping up with a view to laying off at 33s.

6. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I dont watch the show as theres normally spanish football on a saturday night, but the 2 acts youve shown look pretty impressive. I wouldnt want to bet on the shadow lot at 11/4 though, as even though there act is very impressive i just dont see them picking up as many votes as say an 11yo singer. I havent seen the others, but that girl has a great voice for her age. Ron could be onto something at 66/1 :biggrin:

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Didn't see last night's BGT (didn't record for some reason - probably a clash) but I notice little Asanda is being offered at 100/1 by BV and WH. Don't know what's caused that but unless I missed something last night I would be looking to take the 100/1 thereby averaging 83/1, still with a view to laying off later. Maybe tonight will shed some light, if the recording works.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Glad to see she got through to the live semi finals. The 100/1 has gone now. Really need a cracking performance in the semis now.

9. stick

stick Bumper King

Moni for x-factor 20-1 is a monster price, real talent and will grow.

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

180/1 on Betfair. That does appear to be a silly price so will take that making my average price 115/1. Bit of a risk as no idea who she is up against in the semis but I thought she was worth the risk at 66/1 and all she has done since then is made it to the live semis.

By the end of the week she will either be out of the competition or a much lower price. Fingers crossed on this one.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

226/1 on Betfair now. I think she must be in the same Semi as Attraction to be that price. I'll be loyal and have some of that 226/1 to get my average price even higher (now 142/1). I hope she isn't up against Attraction in the semi.

I think I'll have a little saver on Gabz at 42/1 (Betfair). A cert to get through tonight

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just listened again to Asanda. The prices on offer are an insult (150/1, 275 on Betfair). Maybe this is why.

"Britain’s Got Talent contestant Asanda Jezile shocks viewers with ‘sexualised’ Rihanna performance" .................. to read more

Hope that doesn't put her off. The final will be all the poorer without her. Simon will probably snap her up whatever happens.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bollocks. Pity she wasn't on tonight (so much crap). That would have been a clear route to the final. I'll be pretty pissed off if she's up against Attraction. Only 2 more nights of semis. Haven't seen anyone outstanding so far. Luminites the only act tonight that are certain to go through.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Luminites sail through. Asanda performs tomorrow night and avoids Attraction. Don't let me down little girl. I'm on at an average price of 142/1. Didn't grab any of the 200/1 (now gone).

Not real money of course.

Looking to lay off Gabz but still available at 41 on Betfair (Half that price on Bet Victor).

15. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have a feeling Jack carroll wins the whole thing to be honest. Ticks all the sympathy vote boxes but is actually pretty funny too.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gabz now 22 0n Betfair so I'll lay off for small profit either way. Will hold on to Asanda for a bit longer as she was outstanding again. What a star.

I see Bet Victor are taking no chances at 16/1.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Laid Gabz just in time by the looks of it. 47 on Betfair this morning.

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Asanda's semi final performance

[video=youtube;_gU59hfK-I0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_gU59hfK-I0[/video]

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Attraction has put the nail in the coffin after that performance last night and are now as short as 2/7. This has pushed prices out and I've missed the opportunity to lay off Asanda at less than 33/1 (which was my original intention). Now left with the choice of laying off for a very small profit or simply losing my stake. Cursing not laying off before last night for a tidy profit but think I should just take what profit there is now before it is too late. No chance of winning.

Hardly a successful bet (thanks to last night's performance by Attraction) but nothing lost. Bookies should have bet without them.

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Anyone who followed that advice would have done OK as, at one point she was down to a best priced 28/1 (14/1 with a couple) before drifting back out following Attractions performance in the semi final.

Attraction won (surprise surprise). That has to be the hottest BGT final I've seen. With the exception of one crap act, that was pretty good.