1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Bruce has to go.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by bonnybobbypark, May 7, 2011.

1. bonnybobbypark

bonnybobbypark Well-Known Member

Here's my opinion. We have a superb owner who wants a successful team and will throw money at it - within reason and providing results justify his spending. We have a chairman with SAFC blood in his heart. We have a mediocre manager who has SURVIVED in the premiership. Won nowt, lost nowt- really. Not the way forward. Why the injuries? Hey. The team meeting last Monday should have gone ... "lads, there's 10 of you injured, just run about a bit this week" What happens? Turner runs into Mensah.

ITS ALL WRONG MAN

2. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

Turner running into Mensah isn't Bruce's fault, it's Turner's for being a retard!

3. norfolkblackcat

norfolkblackcat New Member

With our premiership survival still in the balance (albeit highly improbable) would you have been happy letting bruce tell the lads to "just run about a bit this week"? the man cannot win it seems.

4. Ha ha I was always the banned man on 606 but at the time lived in Teesside. I think I actually invited you to travel up to a game once as you were a fellow teesside mackem. I'm in York now and the rest is history but maybe Syd will fill you in. Nice to see you hear and we all have opinions and whatever, it's always Ha' waaaaaaay the lads..

5. cuteybuns

cuteybuns Active Member

Moyes hit a problem - and solved it. Ancelotti hit a problem - and solved it. They were not sacked, and rightly so. Bruce hit a problem - and had no answers. Twice. He should be sacked, rightly so.

6. Totally agree & nowt wrong with an opinion.

7. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

The problem Bruce had was Bent being sold - and due to the sale being in the transfer window he had little time to correct it.

Lets see who he brings in and then see if he solves it eh, Cuteybuns.

8. bonnybobbypark

no! it goes,,

"lads, just take it gentle, we are down to the bones"

NOT

KILL HIM KILL HIM KILL HIM!!!!!

How many stitches do you need?

9. norfolkblackcat

I cannot fathom how Bruce is at fault for these injuries in training?

He doesn't plan who will run into who, or which player will get a bit heated and stick in a rash challenge. He doesn't plan who will land funny and twist their knee or take an elbow in the back when jumping for a header.
    It's an extremely tall order to expect a manager to get his players fired up, be in good condition and injury free come the very end of a season without pushing them a bit in training.

I understand the blaming about tactics, substitutions etc, and they are solely down to personal opinion... but is bruce at fault for training ground injuries? No.

10. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

if memory recalls you lived in Stockton/Thornaby and used to get the train up from there, but usually i cant remember yesterday never mind 2 years back lol

11. Regardless of who runs into who is irrelevant. We have great players managed by a manager with a jona tag, who at the end of it all is crap. Hey, If i'm proved wrong then I will apologise but the great day this season was at Stamford, not many great performances before or after that, with the exception of today..

12. Yep thats me marra..

13. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Old hat, we have been through tis so many times, my oppinions out there to see, but mate, this has been talked to death.

14. bonnybobbypark

Bruce isn't the way forward. SACK HIM.

15. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

Too right!

16. norfolkblackcat

Point accepted mate. I guess it all comes down to opinion at the end of the day. Personally, i think he is a decent manager trying to make the best of a bad situation. No one had a bad word to say about him until january, and i find it a shame that people are so quick to throw the blame around.

Either way we'll see what happens over summer/pre-season, im sure typical sunderland will give us the usual thrills and spills

17. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

We need continuity, at least for another season imo.

Chelsea/Real Madrid even liverpool can sack managers every season but then they have a world class squad to start with and dont need a clear out everytime a new man comes in.

We just dont have a world class squad atm, or not one a new manager can come into and say, we only need 2-3 players max, and sell 2-3 players and we will be right up there.

18. Wherewereyou

Wherewereyou Guest

I think it's all down to the 14 game winless run last year, Norfolk. Too much of a coincidence. It should not be forgotten.

19. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Good article, well said

20. I wouldn't give Bruce 14 hours if it were up to me. The man just does not have the Safc vibe, a nice man, honest & very british in the bullshit excuses but just not ****ing Safc. Slate me if you wish but not to much or I'll come looking for ya but to be honest, he is no better than Wilkinson tactically and he makes Keane look like that Real lad when it comes to substitutions..